Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

2007 Tranny problem!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 02:40 PM
bluep
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tranny problem!

Well once again you guys, warm up bike ,remove primary cover, run bikedown road , make rattle ,look at primary chain and comp sprocket. I'll bet you'll see whats rattling. THEN YOU CAN FIGGER A FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-13-2006, 06:42 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bluep I hope your right about comp,but deep down I think if this was the cause it wouldve been addressed sooner.If nothing is going to be done-as they are saying-whatever it is will raise its head down the road,probably after warranty is long gone.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:39 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

we had three bikes come in for detonation last week and according to the data we pulled off of the bike thru the sert data mode as bikes were stock. we sent in the info to hd and was informed we weren't hearing knock we were actually hearing a defect in the cases interfering with the fly wheels that sounded like a knock. you may want to ask about that on your end. tech services told us it is only a knock if the knock sensor reads above 6 then knock ocurrs then the timing is retarded. i just built a 103 2007 flhx with sert stock cams hi flow and python slip-ons hopefully weather will hold out and i can tune in the next week or so. have fun. This is from LATUS-how many more are out there?

Old 12-14-2006, 05:52 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

pitt,,, you work at a shop????

Old 12-14-2006, 06:01 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

That post above is from Latus HD site,the last line is mine.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:49 AM
bluep
Advanced

ORIGINAL: pittguy

Bluep I hope your right about comp,but deep down I think if this was the cause it wouldve been addressed sooner.If nothing is going to be done-as they are saying-whatever it is will raise its head down the road,probably after warranty is long gone.
It's been adressed pitt , by several dealers !! They pull the cover and all looks good. What do they think there going to see if they dont make it rattle while there looking at it. The comp can rattle just by doing its job,if it has to compensate vary fast and steady for whatever reason. ( LOPEING MOTOR ) And I'm not too sure that auto tensioner can hold steady correct tension eather. It could be dancing between too tight and too loose also. But by the time you shut the bike down it going to be settled on some sort of tension RIGHT?? So to just look in there without running bike is rather pointless. These parts arnt BROKE or they would be flying apart, there just not working together properly.

Obviously

Old 12-15-2006, 11:00 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

blue,,, get on making a plexiglass see thru cover,,,,, then sell your idea!!! lol

Old 12-15-2006, 11:25 AM
bluep
Advanced

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

blue,,, get on making a plexiglass see thru cover,,,,, then sell your idea!!! lol

Good point rick, But I wouldnt take the time, I'd run it and see .
One other thing I havent seen on this subject. Nobody has given the factory rep a ride on the back. And made the thing rattle good. The reps ride themselves then denie theres a problem.??

Old 12-15-2006, 11:27 AM
bluep
Advanced

Also whats come of this socalled recall??? that was suposed to fix this

Old 12-15-2006, 06:30 PM
nubbs
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and love it. I just bought an '07 Night Train and was wondering if all '07's were having the same problem. I just bought the bike and it is still at the dealership getting some work done(exhaust,intake,fuel mgmt), so I have not been on the bike to hear what everyone is taking about.

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2007 Tranny problem!