Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

2007 Tranny problem!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 06:21 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tranny problem!

Big sucker is much better than SE, 1st it comes with a K&N filter, SE has washable paper? it also does not have those two little rubber hoses for vents, sucker has a all steel breather system, fit and finish is better too.

Old 11-07-2006, 08:28 PM
flashprez
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

I've got my A/C on and my slip ons on, and I've got an appointment at the Dyno Thurs. at 1:30. I'll let you know the results that nite.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:36 PM
easyriderone
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flashprez, thanks for the info hope the results of dyno are good. Going to order Rush slip ons and Ness Big Sucker this week. Spoke with the guy at Rush today, I told him what I wanted in sound. He recommended the 1.75 baffles. Spoke to a local tuner the mechanic at the Harley dealership recommended. Will install parts and have dynoed to tune the PC in next couples of weeks. Maybe then I can begin to enjoy this bike.

Old 11-08-2006, 10:29 AM
flashprez
Club Member

You seem to live in my area. Who are you going to have dyno yours? I am letting Vince of Good as Gold, located between Statesville & Troutman Dyno mine. He is a well known MC mechanic.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:57 PM
easyriderone
Intermediate

Flashprez

A Mike Kelly at The Cycle Exchange in Matthew was recommended to me from a someone I trust (guess that is who I will use). You can check their website www.cyclexchange.com. They assured me if they tuned the bike it would be right. Eric (service manager) at Carolina Harley Davidson in Gastonia is a straight shooter, he is someone you can trust and they are a certified tuner on the Dynojet site. For guys using the SERT CHD is a top SERT tuner. Just for info I have hear a lot of good things about Blue Ridge HD in Hickory, I spoke to a Chris O Connor there, he certainly knew his stuff when it came to the PC. He stated they have been tuning the 06 Dynas which the 02 sensors eliminators since last year, that tuning these type of bikes is nothing new and the results are very good. Guess we are lucky to have the number of tuners we have in this area. Got my PC in today. Can't wait to get it installed. Next comes the pipes and Big Sucker. Just for info I called RUSH. They stated if you change just slip ons (1.50 baffles or 1.75baffles) with nothing else these bikes will handle the change. Of course if the bike is running hot now if will still run hot when just changing the pipes.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:27 PM
flashprez
Club Member

Chris downloaded the 103 map for me and did not charge me anything. I've know him since he and his family moved here. I just don't won't the dealership to do the Dyno because all the things we are doing violates the warranty. I don't think he would give me a hard time, but it is best that they do not break the warranty because it would go on record and be transfered to MoCo. I do all the other work myself, but I need to know about thr A/F ratio after I install the PC111 to make sure it is right and a dyno is the only way to tell.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:19 AM
easyriderone
Intermediate

Flashpres The guy that writes for American Iron, the one they called Doc Dyno was at At MB last year. I watched him tune a few bikes. I know the AFR he was looking for was in the 13 range. I believe it was around 13.5. I do know he considered anything in the 14 range as lean. Mike Kelly at Cycle Xchange should be able to answer that question for you, they do have a very good reputation as a good tuning shop. Chris was one of the dealers who told me he would still honor the warranty on a bike after basic modifcations have been made. I don't think he would sell you down the river just because he dynoed the bike. After talking to him I believe he realizes Harley screwed the customer with these bikes and is willing to help make them right. The standard maps runs the bike at about 90 about percent efficencey, with dyno you should be running at 100 percent. I ran my 2004 with the standard map (for the pipes and air breather) for over two years and it ran great. Good Luck with yours let us know how it turns out. It would be ironic if after most of us have decide to paid to get out bikes right if Harley came out with a fix for engine heat and transmission. Just got new Harley Enthusiast today, article on the new tranny is in the magazine. Harley is really working hard trying to convince us that we don't have a problem with the tranny or noise.

Old 11-09-2006, 01:52 PM
bh73
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: flashprez

Chris downloaded the 103 map for me and did not charge me anything. I've know him since he and his family moved here. I just don't won't the dealership to do the Dyno because all the things we are doing violates the warranty. I don't think he would give me a hard time, but it is best that they do not break the warranty because it would go on record and be transfered to MoCo. I do all the other work myself, but I need to know about thr A/F ratio after I install the PC111 to make sure it is right and a dyno is the only way to tell.
I just had my 07 heritage dynoed, the target A/F ratio they were looking for was 13.2:1.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:11 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys really should start a tuning thread instead of keeping this dead horse thrashing with off the topic posts. LOL

Old 11-09-2006, 09:21 PM
bluep
Advanced

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

You guys really should start a tuning thread instead of keeping this dead horse thrashing with off the topic posts. LOL
I dont really think there that far off topic. I think if these motors are tuned right , they will run smoother maybe elliminating or at least helping the chatter. And will make them run cooler. Thats what this thread is about.

Quick Reply: 2007 Tranny problem!