Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

2007 Tranny problem!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 12:15 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tranny problem!

I lent my bike to Arnold Swartzenagger,, for his next Terminator movie,,,,,, but they decided they could't use it, as the noise it made drowned out the sounds of the crashes, machiene guns, cannons, and explosioins!!!

Old 10-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Josey Wales
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sure would like to hear this noise, Somebody really needs to post a sound clip!!!!

Old 10-08-2006, 03:19 AM
FromTheDirt
Stage IV

IndyUC writes: "Perhaps the defective ones come from a specific plant."

...I think that also but have no data to back it up. 30 pages of ranting and still no statistical data of any value. Including important info below would help:

1. Model
2. Date of manufacture
3. Manufacturing plant
4. Sequential part of VIN#
5. etc.

However, I don't think the one's having problems really care about where the bad ones are manufactured or what lot they are from... But maybe the rest of us would like to know! Everyone I ask here on the West Coast about the problems just shake their heads no and look at me funny. I heard all of the ones out here are mfd in Texas.

FTD

Old 10-08-2006, 04:41 AM
Josey Wales
Cruiser

Right on brother!
ORIGINAL: FromTheDirt

IndyUC writes: "Perhaps the defective ones come from a specific plant."

...I think that also but have no data to back it up. 30 pages of ranting and still no statistical data of any value. Including important info below would help:

1. Model
2. Date of manufacture
3. Manufacturing plant
4. Sequential part of VIN#
5. etc.

However, I don't think the one's having problems really care about where the bad ones are manufactured or what lot they are from... But maybe the rest of us would like to know! Everyone I ask here on the West Coast about the problems just shake their heads no and look at me funny. I heard all of the ones out here are mfd in Texas.

FTD

Old 10-08-2006, 12:47 PM
CT_Duke
Intermediate

We are opening a new thread under Touring Models for only the guys with the clatter problem. It is our attempt to get away from the idiots that keep talking about whining, non 07 models, guessing at the problem even though they have never even heard it. There is another 07 Tranny thread there so look for a new one in a day or two. As the idiots pop in, after all they are idiots and will do so, use the block button so you won't have to see their BS. I will be deleting this thread at that time.

Old 10-08-2006, 02:08 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was also leaning towards sound clip as well,I know my local independent very well and plan on stopping in this week for this very reason.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:10 PM
IndyUC
1st Gear

Actually, I would think everyone would be interested in knowing. Those that are looking to buy and those with the problem. If it comes down to a class action lawsuit, being able to pinpoint if there is a specific source of the problem would be a tremendous help in making your case. For that matter, having that information for those currently arguing with their dealers/customer service would be helpful too. The more you can pinpoint the problem to model(s), plant, range of serial numbers, etc. the better your argument of a manufacturing problem. You can bet HD either already knows or is trying to determine.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:49 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes they know but wont say so w/o several calls.They have been buying time while those of us w/noises are being fed a line of ****.Right now its every man for himself although we pass along any info amongst ourselves.Read any HD brochure or magazine writeup and read what they say about these 07 models,some of us dont have this type of bike and have along spreadsheet saying so.Right now its our complaints vs ITS NORMAL by them.Third party feedback may help,soundclips,others w/same problem will be needed and used believe me.You gotta play by the legal rules if you want to get any satisfaction.You have to give them a chance to correct this on their end first.So far they have not.

Old 10-08-2006, 07:50 PM
cornholio
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: CT_Duke

We are opening a new thread under Touring Models for only the guys with the clatter problem. It is our attempt to get away from the idiots that keep talking about whining, non 07 models, guessing at the problem even though they have never even heard it. There is another 07 Tranny thread there so look for a new one in a day or two. As the idiots pop in, after all they are idiots and will do so, use the block button so you won't have to see their BS. I will be deleting this thread at that time.
[sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 10-08-2006, 07:56 PM
blackhat
Stage IV

Ladies And Gent,

458 posts regarding the transmission in all 07 HD. I am the guy who posted the "Delimma HD or Yamaha" . I am not sure if a 07 HD is the way to go.

Are all HD built at the same factory? I know with cars, that some manufacturing problems occur in the factory line. Are HD destined for Canada built at the factory where the Us bikes are built?

I am waiting until spring 07 to buy my HD but will only do so if the tranny complaints stop.

Thanks
Balckhat

Quick Reply: 2007 Tranny problem!