Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

2007 Tranny problem!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 12:09 AM
RoadGlide07
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tranny problem!

ORIGINAL: RebelRouser

.... TAKE A POLL !
You keep mentioning a POLL. You might be interested in this link:

OK, its time to have a 07 trans. poll Clatter,No Clatter?

Old 09-28-2006, 12:28 AM
RebelRouser
Banned

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Now im more confused than ever. I would guess if I really want the Ultra im going to have to drive it first. If the dealer wont let me im going to have to find one that will. Would anyone like to bet how many dealers im going to have to go through to find one that will let me drive it before buying it ? You know. Harley is the FIRST dealer i've EVER known that wont let you ride the bike with a deal pending. That says something in its self. So .....Anyone know of a dealer that will let me take it out before signing the dotted line ?????
I get the strange feeling that Harley is going to pay for this one really bad if they don't get in "GEAR" .

Old 09-28-2006, 12:41 AM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, the Dealer that I work for.....

You email me, and I will PERSONALLY let you take out a bagger of your choice......

FWIW, You must have some pretty scheitty dealers in your corner of the world.....

Why don't you ask them about their DEMO Bikes, or even their Rentals?????

You want to ride an Ultra, then show up with Helmet, Gloves, long pants and sleeved shirt with coat.....

And FWIW, I have YET to hear a "Bucket of Bolts. or Rocks" in the transmission on any of the touring bikes, and I set up the bikes when the 07's were released......

Bikes that were built in June 06 are in for their services, and not 1 customer has made a complaint of the "Sound".....

Guess all the bad bikes were sent elsewhere...not!!!!!

I will say this, if you aren't winding it out, you are lugging it.....

It's got a stroker motor, COMPLETELY different gearing in the Primary and Secondary Drives.......

It's not an Evolution or 88".....

Old 09-28-2006, 01:14 AM
wired
Intermediate

The dealers around here N.C.didn't seem to have a problem letting me road test one.One of them was very honest about the number of complaints they have been recieving and some of the techs actually admitted that something isn't right but none have a solution.I saw the letter and was not very happy.In so nany words it says re-educate the customer and make him believe these noises are normal.If these noises are normal then it seems all the bikes would be doing it.Mine does my friends doesn't.Back when mine started doing it I asked if I could ride his bike and for him to ride mine,I didn't tell him why at first.His ULTRA was pretty quiet. When we made our first stop the first thing he said was 'what the hell is wrong with your bike'?Thats when I told him why I wanted to ride his.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:46 AM
BVBOB
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, once again I try to be helpful and post a real letter from HD to the dealers and some Azzhole has to question is authenticity, If anyone else has seen this, let us know, RebelRouser, I really dont care if you believe it or not but it is real. Shovelhead Bob, I'm sure if you ask your service manager about the letter he will show you a copy, the box at the top showed Dealer Department routing as Dealer Principal, General Manager Vehicle Sales manager, Service and H.O.G. Director. I have no motivation to post a bunch of bullshit and I don't make a habit of it. But I refuse to post the Dealers name as he gave me this letter in good faith when I questioned him about the 07 Ultra I have on order and any tranny issues, He has admitted himself that the tranny has a very unusual sound in 5th on his 07 Ultra Demo bike, I have ridden this bike myself and I feel the noise is unacceptable. I have also watched several other riders get off of it on Demo day and thought the bike was the best they had ever ridden, never even noticed anything, so it is different to each individual. For those of you who are non believers about this, guess again, these trannies to make noise in 5th gear, worse to some than others, could it cause a potential failure, possibly, time will tell. As far as ripping on Harley Davidson products, its like trying to teach a horse to talk, it wastes your time and annoys the horse. Come to think of it, I'm annoyed with this whole issue for now. Will let you know what I really think if I get to ride my 07 before the snow comes.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:30 AM
kv4eg
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: BVBOB

Well, once again I try to be helpful and post a real letter from HD to the dealers and some Azzhole has to question is authenticity, If anyone else has seen this, let us know, RebelRouser, I really dont care if you believe it or not but it is real. Shovelhead Bob, I'm sure if you ask your service manager about the letter he will show you a copy, the box at the top showed Dealer Department routing as Dealer Principal, General Manager Vehicle Sales manager, Service and H.O.G. Director. I have no motivation to post a bunch of bullshit and I don't make a habit of it. But I refuse to post the Dealers name as he gave me this letter in good faith when I questioned him about the 07 Ultra I have on order and any tranny issues, He has admitted himself that the tranny has a very unusual sound in 5th on his 07 Ultra Demo bike, I have ridden this bike myself and I feel the noise is unacceptable. I have also watched several other riders get off of it on Demo day and thought the bike was the best they had ever ridden, never even noticed anything, so it is different to each individual. For those of you who are non believers about this, guess again, these trannies to make noise in 5th gear, worse to some than others, could it cause a potential failure, possibly, time will tell. As far as ripping on Harley Davidson products, its like trying to teach a horse to talk, it wastes your time and annoys the horse. Come to think of it, I'm annoyed with this whole issue for now. Will let you know what I really think if I get to ride my 07 before the snow comes.
My dealer showed the letter to me yesterday - the EXACT SAME LETTER. I told him I've seen it already on this forum.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:20 AM
RebelRouser
Banned

BVBOB. I stand corrected and if you feal your owed an opology......then I give one. NOW ! Why don't you go back and REALY read some of the post. Quit Bitchin ! Get on the thing and ride the hell out of it. If it's a bad tranny IT WILL COME APART. tHEN WARRANTY WILL FIX IT. if it's truly as bad as you say it will break down soon. then you can walk in to the shop with a smile. END OF IT!!!

SHOVELHEADBOB . Thank you for your responce. I live in Pensacola Fl an we REALLY want a 07 Ultra classic . We went to Mobile and they would only let us ride a 05 Ultra in the rental department. I told them I wasnt interested in thet bike that I wanted to ride the 07 or screaming eagle. To be honest i think if they would of let me ride the eagle I would of bought because of the power alone. So I want to pensacola Harley and riding was out of the question. I really dont know what the deal here is but my dealership really dont have any personality. Everybody looks dead there or asleep. I dont know. But I would love to take a ride on a 07.

NOW ! LISTEN CLOSE. I DRIVE A BIKE WITH A 117 S&S. YOU CAN NOT LUG THIS ENGINE LIKE A HARLEY. IT MAKES ALL TIPE OF SOUNDS. BUT YOU PUT IT AROUND 1800 TO 3000 RPM AND IT WILL FLAT RUN. YOU CANT LUG IT PERIOD. IM GUESSING THE HIGHER HORSEPOWER, THE LESS YOU CAN LUG. I ADJUSTED QUICK AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS. THE MAN IS RIGHT. YOU CANT LUG AN S&S .

Old 09-28-2006, 10:12 AM
BVBOB
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Apology accepted, now maybe YOU should go back and read, I stated I drove one on Demo Day and it was noisy, When my 07 arrives (delivery date 11/3/06) Believe me , I will ride the hell out of it, as for the idea of the lugging, the Demo bike was noisy lugging or not. And do you really want something coming apart at 60 MPH on the highway?

Old 09-28-2006, 10:17 AM
RebelRouser
Banned

I ride a two wheel machine at 60 period is a little out there dont you think ? Sure ...let it come apart. the force alone will rip everything out anyway. AND YOU DROVE ONE AND STILL BOUGHT IT ????? WHY ? Shovelheadbob works in a shop and never had a problem out of one. Good luck with your new bike.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:20 AM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: BVBOB

Shovelhead Bob, I'm sure if you ask your service manager about the letter he will show you a copy, the box at the top showed Dealer Department routing as Dealer Principal, General Manager Vehicle Sales manager, Service and H.O.G. Director......
You don't pay attention to what others post do you?????

I work at a dealer (as I stated), as a Master Technician and Lehman builder...

I got the letter yesterday, as it was also addressed (Routed) to the Service Dept/Tech's......

Quick Reply: 2007 Tranny problem!