Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

2007 Tranny problem!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 09:21 PM
drocken
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tranny problem!

ORIGINAL: RdKngRider

ORIGINAL: drocken

ORIGINAL: cornholio

ORIGINAL: Akitakoi

Hmmm,,,, a couple more?
What is your problem? Why are you wasting peoples time by making a$$hole comments. I am concerned about the trans clattering, rocks in can noise, because it affects my 07. I read these posts so I can stay on top of it and to learn what other people are finding out. I can't understand why some people are knocking the guys that are having a problem.
The same reason the ones with the problems are knocking the 07s that don't have a problem... My runs great and sounds great (A little to quit) but no clatter or rocks in the can thingy.
I don't think anyone here who has the problem is knocking those that don't. I for one am happy for you. In fact, it's good to know that not all of these bikes have this problem. Maybe something can be done to fix the ones that do. So, if you don't have the problem, be happy for yourself and don't assume that those of us who do are trolls or lugging the bike or whatever.
I don't think that any where in this forum you will find that I said that there were trolls or people lugging there bikes. All I was stating that there is a lot of people putting all the 07s down saying there junk and not to buy one. So don't assume that I am knocking those that are having a problem because I'm not and I hope that the MOCO makes it right for them.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:52 PM
drod
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Make sure you go back in this topic and read the letter from HD today!
post# 246

Old 09-27-2006, 10:04 PM
RebelRouser
Banned

Im not trying to start anything but that letter sounded a little fishie fishie. I really don't think Harley with the rep they have would hand down something like that in writing. Also there not going to incriminate thereselves in writing. I would be willing to bet the problem is being handled at Harley as we speak and a fix will quitly come down from Harley heaven like it always does. Think about it. Would you admit it ? Even if it were true ? NO! Bad business. They will quietly resolve this problem as fast as possible. I've personally talked to several stores and mechanics. A lot of people say they dont have any problem at all. Some do. I had a salesman tell me it was some bearing problem and they were working on it . You and I both know they will never admit a problem out loud. Just stay in tough with the techs and watch.
LIKE I SAID. START A POLL HERE. THAT WILL TELL US EVERYTHING.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:06 PM
drod
Tourer

It's real, my dealer had it today. The guy that posted didn't have a scanner and typed it.
ORIGINAL: RebelRouser

Im not trying to start anything but that letter sounded a little fishie fishie. I really don't think Harley with the rep they have would hand down something like that in writing. Also there not going to incriminate thereselves in writing. I would be willing to bet the problem is being handled at Harley as we speak and a fix will quitly come down from Harley heaven like it always does. Think about it. Would you admit it ? Even if it were true ? NO! Bad business. They will quietly resolve this problem as fast as possible. I've personally talked to several stores and mechanics. A lot of people say they dont have any problem at all. Some do. I had a salesman tell me it was some bearing problem and they were working on it . You and I both know they will never admit a problem out loud. Just stay in tough with the techs and watch.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:12 PM
RebelRouser
Banned

IF YOUR RIGHT , I can't believe they would do that. But I don't think there going to admit anything. They will quietly find a fix. Im guessing theyve already fixed the problem and are sending out bikes now . As usual in time everything that is hidden will come out in ?Harley world. It always does.
BUT ! The one thing that I would be worried about was if we do find out its a defect and they just push it under the mat youve lost your investment unless you can find a new buyer that dont know. TAKE A POLL !

Old 09-27-2006, 10:18 PM
drod
Tourer

If you don't believe me just call a dealer tomorrow. I am sure it's real just call tomorrow.

IF YOUR RIGHT , I can't believe they would do that. But I don't think there going to admit anything. They will quietly find a fix. Im guessing theyve already fixed the problem and are sending out bikes now . As usual in time everything that is hidden will come out in ?Harley world. It always does.
BUT ! The one thing that I would be worried about was if we do find out its a defect and they just push it under the mat youve lost your investment unless you can find a new buyer that dont know. TAKE A POLL !

Old 09-27-2006, 10:20 PM
RebelRouser
Banned

OK. PM me and give me the dealers number. I would love to talk to them. thanks.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:51 PM
drocken
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: drod

Make sure you go back in this topic and read the letter from HD today!
post# 246
I have read it and I will say this again, I have no trouble with noise in my tranny. I believe that there are some people that is having trouble, but that doesn't mean that all are because I like a lot of others are not.... And I hope you get yours fixed and I agree with you that HD does need to do something about it other than what they have done so for which is nothing.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:09 PM
BVBOB
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Fishy may ***, this thing came right off my local dealers fax machine, believe it or not I really don't give a flyin F**k, and if you read the letter they dont incriminate themselves at all, the whole letter is one big denial. Oh, and by the way your apology would be accepted.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:28 PM
RebelRouser
Banned

The word is apology and I don’t feel I owe you one. I just stated it sounded fishy to “ME” . I ask you to PM me and give me the store name . You didn’t . Which leads me to believe you have something to hide. I’ll ask once again. PM me and let me call the store.
As I said im in the market to purchase a Ultra Classic and I have concerns . Im sorry for your disgruntlement with the way Harley is dealing with you but I don’t know all the info. We don’t know how you talked to them or handled the situation.
As I stated before. Start a poll. Find out if there’s a REAL problem. Exhaust all resources you have. Then if your not happy , go see an attorney. Im shocked that your dealer hasn’t tried something. I would like to know the dealer myself. I would like to call them and see just what they have to say about the transmission. Obviously this is becoming a public issue at your hand.
Might I suggest you RIDE your bike. It’s under warranty. Ride the hell out of it. Bring a friend. Then if its manufacture defect IT WILL COME APART SOON and there you will have your warranty issue resolved. Harley is quite good at covering there warranties. As you suggest , there not good at accepting blame. At any rate ,if it’s the fault of Harley the “ROCKS” in that can will soon come out and your on your way to a new trans and primary. All this might cost you $30 or so dollars. An attorney will cost much more and you will be marked with Harley for ever.
Food for thought.

Quick Reply: 2007 Tranny problem!