Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

2007 Tranny problem!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 02:01 AM
TexasRanger
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2007 Tranny problem!

The 07 CVO bikes have the SE 6 speed right? That thing is all spur gears - not just 1 and 5.
I rode one last weekend. It makes a nice whirring sound in all gears, not bad at all. If mine sounded like that, it would truly be the perfect motorbike.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:37 AM
2007 Black Ultra
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: TexasRanger

The 07 CVO bikes have the SE 6 speed right? That thing is all spur gears - not just 1 and 5.
I rode one last weekend. It makes a nice whirring sound in all gears, not bad at all. If mine sounded like that, it would truly be the perfect motorbike.
I know a guy thats got one, but I have never ridden it or paid much attention to any noise. I thought the SE 6 was a 5 speed conversion. I maybe wrong, but thats what I thought by looking at it.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:59 AM
rob71458
Cruiser

By the way my bike is an 07 SERK 110, and it is very noisey in 5th and sixth. 5th gear clatter is extreme. And no, I have not received any special treatment. RM, FX4, Texas thanks for the support , I thought I was going to blow a gasket! This guy Sfarson on the CVO "6 mile post" is a real arrogant ignorant jerk, hopefully he doesn't post on this thread or he will be in for a rude awakening.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Time2ride
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

How many miles you got on that bike T2R? You probably don't have many riding buddies with that attitude....
23,410 on an 07 FLHT, built July 06 and purchased August 06 that clatters like a mad dog in 5th if I let it, and I have plenty of riding buddies. The difference is they are Harley riders and know what they ride and we do a lot more than ride to back and forthfrom starbucks and bike nights. Why don't you guys sell those bikes you're so unhappy with and move on with life? This obsession you have can't be good for your health.

rob71458: "This guy Sfarson on the CVO "6 mile post" is a real arrogant ignorant jerk, hopefully he doesn't post on this thread or he will be in for a rude awakening. "
What kind of rude awakening? Just because he's happy with his bike and says so on a Harley-Davidson enthusiasts forum, you call him an arrogant jerk? As far as I know, everyone is welcome to post their thoughts in any thread here. You're the arrogant jerk and probably don't get any help from the dealership because of your arrogance. If the 07's were thejunk you say they are, it would be all over the net and it's not. A google search brings up one page, try it.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:43 AM
2007 Black Ultra
Advanced

ORIGINAL: rob71458

By the way my bike is an 07 SERK 110, and it is very noisey in 5th and sixth. 5th gear clatter is extreme. And no, I have not received any special treatment. RM, FX4, Texas thanks for the support , I thought I was going to blow a gasket! This guy Sfarson on the CVO "6 mile post" is a real arrogant ignorant jerk, hopefully he doesn't post on this thread or he will be in for a rude awakening.
Was just wondering about the CVO deal. No irritation intended.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:05 AM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: Time2ride

How many miles you got on that bike T2R? You probably don't have many riding buddies with that attitude....
23,410 on an 07 FLHT, built July 06 and purchased August 06 that clatters like a mad dog in 5th if I let it, and I have plenty of riding buddies. The difference is they are Harley riders and know what they ride and we do a lot more than ride to back and forthfrom starbucks and bike nights. Why don't you guys sell those bikes you're so unhappy with and move on with life? This obsession you have can't be good for your health.

rob71458: "This guy Sfarson on the CVO "6 mile post" is a real arrogant ignorant jerk, hopefully he doesn't post on this thread or he will be in for a rude awakening. "
What kind of rude awakening? Just because he's happy with his bike and says so on a Harley-Davidson enthusiasts forum, you call him an arrogant jerk? As far as I know, everyone is welcome to post their thoughts in any thread here. You're the arrogant jerk and probably don't get any help from the dealership because of your arrogance. If the 07's were thejunk you say they are, it would be all over the net and it's not. A google search brings up one page, try it.
Hmm....another jerk. I do ride to Starbucks, and bike week, and my riding buddies house, and the Dragon, and, and, and...I don't consider myself a biker, a rider, an enthusest, certainly. Why don't you just not worry about other folks problems, unless you are a little concerned yourself.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:18 AM
hnesitd1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Time2ride

ORIGINAL: rob71458

You guys got to check out the post on the CVO thread, there is a guy from colorado that never heard of any tranny problem with the 07's and even went as far as to say we are the minority. He owns one andeven said he kind of liked the noise. What a freakin' TOOL!! Of course I had to draw his attention to his ignorance and possible employment by the MOCO. WTF!!!![:@][:@][:@]
You are the minority. I've never heard or met anyone in person with this problem, and the reason this thread has so many hits is because the same whiners and detractors keep hitting it. The amount of hits is notindicative of the number ofclattering 07's.

An analogy ..... nearly four years later, roughly half of Americans still believe Iraq played a role in September 11th despite unquestionable proof otherwise. TheMoCo isself does not deny the noise (it's normal, remember?). Other threads have folks stating that they acknowledge the noise but are willing to tolerate itand stoutly defend the MoCo ......... (?) ...... thankfully these people are few and far between. The fact is, being an objective consumer is good for a company ....it's called feedback ...... mostwould welcome it, it improves the breed.(And did in this case) If consumers weren't objective there would be no improvement. It keeps people (manufacturers) honest,eh? Individuals that deny existing problemsare often seen asgullible, pathetic and are guiltly of being more of a bigotthan they accuse other people of being.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:13 AM
rob71458
Cruiser

T2R, I was calling him a jerk because he was ignoring the fact that there is a true problem with these bike that it is wide spread. Kind of like the dealers do, that is why I have received no help, not because of my attitude. If his bike is ok, that is great for him, butagain, don't ignore and dismiss the rest of us and act like we areall on crack.Why does he seem so sure of himself? Why are you on this post if we are all whiners with no reason to bitch? Why did Baker transmission come out with a repair kit over a year ago, if there is no problem. Why did Harley just release a kit to absorb driveline harmonics for 07's only, which by the way just happens to be on all the 08's, if there is no problem.And if we all keep hitting this post I would imagine it is because we are all hoping there is a fix or harley will step up and do something for us, rather than ignoring us, which I am sure is causing myself and many others alot of frustration. I paid over $28,000.00 for my bike and I expected it to be as good or better than my 1999 was.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:12 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow.

HD did come up with a solution for those who are unhappy with the normal noise. They offer it relatively inexpensively, too.

I acknowledge there is some noise but I don't think it's problematic.

If your '07 ain't better overall than your '99, well, I find that hard to believe but I'll just have to take your word for it.

I don't "know" most of you by any other means than the way you are on this forum. I really hope in some cases it's not a full picture of your personalities and way of life because some of you really seem like unhappy, angry individuals.

Not being a doctor I still think it's pretty safe to conclude that you guys are shortening your lifespans with all this anger and frustration. I recommend you do something about it. Either put a little more money into the bike with the IDS, or a lot more with an alternative gearbox design, or sell out. Either way you really should just move on and enjoy life a little more. We really are here for only a blink of an eye.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:31 PM
rob71458
Cruiser

glens, I here you, just frustrated that some people think there is no problem just because they are not experiencing it themselves or they have alterior motives.Even when there is overwellming evidence and products aimed at repairing the problem, they won't acknowledge it. I have been watching this post for a while now, to see how the IDS works out. I will buy one if it does and hopefully be on my way. My bike is my "Get away', if it's not right, it's becomes a source of frustration.

Quick Reply: 2007 Tranny problem!