Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

2007 Tranny problem!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 07:25 PM
ironoxide
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2007 Tranny problem!

ORIGINAL: glens

Yeah, the glowing red pipes is sure something. But I can't see any way around it, can anyone else here?
Vote and vote again. Get the bastard politicians that created these restrictions out of office! The EPA works for them and we put them a$$holes in office.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:41 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

That and practicing civil disobedience. But I really had engineering in keeping with the regs in mind.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:46 PM
daconiam
Tourer

EPA did not require the pipes to glow red or any other BS problem with this bike....[:-]

**** poor HD design team allowed that to happen, the HD manufacturing folks allowed this to happen, theHD quality assurance folks allowed it to happen, the HDtesting folks allowed it to happenand to top it off, the CEO allowed this and stamped the final approval on this POS! Insult to injury is the trusting public purchased it assuming a quality product and the assurance of WARRANTY backing for any manufacturing defects. [:'(]

There are alot of stop gaps to prevent a poor product from hitting the market and there is ZERO excuse for this kind of **** poor quality. [:@]

HD had/has plenty of time and money to design and manufacture a quality product.

That is what gets me all spun up about all this crap! It really justpisses me offto think about it and to be able to do nothing about it.

Thegood folks that ride Harleysis themain reasonreason I continue to own mine.

Feel a little better now...

Old 08-16-2007, 09:59 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Okay, I'll grant you that it would be possible to not have the pipes glow in the pitch black of night while meeting emissions guidelines. All it would take is another hundred pounds of double-insulated exhaust plumbing, all the way to the tail pipe opening. To keep the still-hot gases from being a fire hazard on the roadway, an air-injection system could be used to cool them on the way out. Yeah, the engineering team really dropped the ball on that one.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Time2ride
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: rob71458

You guys got to check out the post on the CVO thread, there is a guy from colorado that never heard of any tranny problem with the 07's and even went as far as to say we are the minority. He owns one andeven said he kind of liked the noise. What a freakin' TOOL!! Of course I had to draw his attention to his ignorance and possible employment by the MOCO. WTF!!!![:@][:@][:@]
You are the minority. I've never heard or met anyone in person with this problem, and the reason this thread has so many hits is because the same whiners and detractors keep hitting it. The amount of hits is notindicative of the number ofclattering 07's.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:20 PM
ironoxide
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Time2ride

You guys got to check out the post on the CVO thread, there is a guy from colorado that never heard of any tranny problem with the 07's and even went as far as to say we are the minority. He owns one and even said he kind of liked the noise. What a freakin' TOOL!! Of course I had to draw his attention to his ignorance and possible employment by the MOCO. WTF!!!![:@][:@][:@]
You are the minority. I've never heard or met anyone in person with this problem, and the reason this thread has so many hits is because the same whiners and detractors keep hitting it. The amount of hits is not indicative of the number of clattering 07's.
Sorry we peed in your cheerio's time2ride. We had serious issues with the bikes we purchased. If it wasn't for the work to get the MOCO's attention from some truely fine individuals on this thread, we'd still be left high and dry!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:26 PM
rmsurveyors
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys got to check out the post on the CVO thread, there is a guy from colorado that never heard of any tranny problem with the 07's and even went as far as to say we are the minority. He owns one andeven said he kind of liked the noise. What a freakin' TOOL!! Of course I had to draw his attention to his ignorance and possible employment by the MOCO. WTF!!!![:@][:@][:@]
You are the minority. I've never heard or met anyone in person with this problem, and the reason this thread has so many hits is because the same whiners and detractors keep hitting it. The amount of hits is notindicative of the number ofclattering 07's.
You must NOT get around much, I travel extensivly and the clatter wagons areabout 50/50 where ever I go!If your everin my town I'll show you several clatter wagons including my own, then you can tell MOCO that you got to hear some clatter wagons!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:39 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Oh I think you need to count names because a good chunk dumped their clattering overheating buckets of bolts are no longer on this thread. .

Old 08-16-2007, 11:08 PM
2007 Black Ultra
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: FX4

Oh I think you need to count names because a good chunk dumped their clattering overheating buckets of bolts are no longer on this thread. .
I would imagine some got rid of there's. Today, I purchased new Rineharts, Revtech DFO, Ness Big Sucker and IDS. I'm going to make mine that muchbetter. And I might eventually go with the F6F...depends. Regardless, I enjoy the bike and have been putting the miles on it. It clatters away in 6th, but hopefully the IDS will fix that. I can't afford to get rid of it and don't really want to.I justwant to ride. I can only speak for mine and what it does. I don't know how others act, but wouldlove to listenand compare. I do know one thing though. Next time a new model comes out, I think I will wait a year or so to see what happens and what the reviews are, instead of being thereviewie.As for the CVO group, I've read the forum and there are some that are talking about the while and clatter. But, I'm curious about the CVO owners. I wonder if one owns a CVO and returns it, if the company will put the IDS on. I wonder if they get any special treatment. I mean, the bike is a lot more money. Would make sense to appease the cady owner vs. the yota owner. I really wonder if that goes on.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:59 AM
TexasRanger
Road Warrior

How many miles you got on that bike T2R? You probably don't have many riding buddies with that attitude....

Quick Reply: 2007 Tranny problem!