Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

2007 Tranny problem!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Cynic
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2007 Tranny problem!

Reading all this chatter (entire thread/subject) I couldn't help but wonder how many of you are using Microsoft crap on your computers. For years, no doubt. How many man-hours have you wasted just rebooting when it locks up? How about the time lost on whatever it was you were working on and had to start over? How about the time it takes to re-install every 6 months because the computer has just slowed to a crawl and there's no way to fix it? Multiply this by many hundreds of thousands across the country every day. Than multiply again for world-wide values.

How about all the stolen personal information because there are no real security measures?

Constant state of being a BETA tester and you're paying through the nose for it. No, it didn't come "free" on your new computer. You paid for it. Way too much for $5 worth of crap. Yet you keep on using it and buying into the next upgrade. There's no warrantee or guarantee that it'll do anything.

Yet when you buy a machine that has moving parts that move a lot of weight down the road you get upset that it's not completely silent. It works 99.8% as expected every time all day every day even though it's operating under outlandish and severe constraints by government agencies. But you get on your Microsoft-laden computer, come here and complain.

Hell, this damn site is being run, fairly poorly, on that crap and I hadn't got any spam email to speak of for months until right after I signed up here.

Comparing the companies and their products, HD ought to be placed on a pedestal and MS ought to be doing hard time.

Just some food for thought...

And don't forget 99.8% of the complainers, including at least one self professed mechanical engineer blamed the wrong part of the bike (the trans) for the clatter because some bike mag printed Baker's erroneous opinion of the matter.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:21 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: glens

ORIGINAL: TexasRanger

The issue all along has been MOCO's denying the issues. Had they said "We have a problem and we are working on it" we would all been alot happier. At the same time it would have forced them to do the upgrades for free. What's really happened is that we unknowningly have been their beta testers for this new configuration. They took our feedback, internalized it, and brought out a "New Feature" which at a minimum, caused the complaints to stop. Microsoft does this all the time. Right or wrong, it is what it is, for us that's really unfortunate.
Reading all this chatter (entire thread/subject) I couldn't help but wonder how many of you are using Microsoft crap on your computers. For years, no doubt. How many man-hours have you wasted just rebooting when it locks up? How about the time lost on whatever it was you were working on and had to start over? How about the time it takes to re-install every 6 months because the computer has just slowed to a crawl and there's no way to fix it? Multiply this by many hundreds of thousands across the country every day. Than multiply again for world-wide values.

How about all the stolen personal information because there are no real security measures?

Constant state of being a BETA tester and you're paying through the nose for it. No, it didn't come "free" on your new computer. You paid for it. Way too much for $5 worth of crap. Yet you keep on using it and buying into the next upgrade. There's no warrantee or guarantee that it'll do anything.

Yet when you buy a machine that has moving parts that move a lot of weight down the road you get upset that it's not completely silent. It works 99.8% as expected every time all day every day even though it's operating under outlandish and severe constraints by government agencies. But you get on your Microsoft-laden computer, come here and complain.

Hell, this damn site is being run, fairly poorly, on that crap and I hadn't got any spam email to speak of for months until right after I signed up here.

Comparing the companies and their products, HD ought to be placed on a pedestal and MS ought to be doing hard time.

Boy does someone have a hard on for Microsoft or what, must be a Linux lover. How do you know whatHD Forumservers are running, it could be Linux. I've never had to re-install every six months nor have most of the peopleI knowwho I help with their computer problems. Also Microsoft XP has worked great and the onlyreally crappyOS they came out withwasMicrosoft MEwhich even MS admits to. The spam isn't Microsoft's fault or this site's and I haven't had any increase since joining over 2 years ago. The problem with your analogy is I only paid $100 or so for my Microsoft OS's over the yearsand not 20K + or I would be really pissed which I would be if I owned an '07 with some of the problems that I have been reading about. Microsoft also doesn't sit there saying everything is normaland not admit to the problems like the MOCO and it's dealers do. Also the complexity of an Operating System compared to a simple mechanical device like a Harley isn't even close. Besides, other then the securityproblemswhich Microsoft stays on top of and the cause of which are A$$HOLEhackers out there which of course pick on Microsoft products since almost everybody in the world uses them. The Apple users and Linux users would have a lot the same problems except the hackers concentrate on the most widely used OS which is by far Microsoft OS's.And no, I don't work for Microsoft but I have been in the computer industry for over 42 years and I also have been frustrated once in awhile with a couple of their products too.Well anyway that's JMHO for whatever it's worth.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:49 AM
rmsurveyors
Tourer

The issue all along has been MOCO's denying the issues. Had they said "We have a problem and we are working on it" we would all been alot happier. At the same time it would have forced them to do the upgrades for free. What's really happened is that we unknowningly have been their beta testers for this new configuration. They took our feedback, internalized it, and brought out a "New Feature" which at a minimum, caused the complaints to stop. Microsoft does this all the time. Right or wrong, it is what it is, for us that's really unfortunate.

I didn't pay $20,000.00 + for a computer or an operating system, big difference. Also, if you know how to properly program and configure a computer it rarely will give problemsnor will require re-installation of the operating system every 6 months, not when using NTFS file system. Also, if I have PC problems, especially hardware failure, I've never had a problem with the manufacturer's warranty, like I have with MOCO and their lies. I agree,anything can break down or give problems, but I also agree the manufacture should warranty what they sell, which has not been the case with MOCO and their low-life stealer's.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:58 AM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: oldfartjc

Boy does someone have a hard on for Microsoft or what, must be a Linux lover. How do you know whatHD Forumservers are running, it could be Linux. I've never had to re-install every six months nor have most of the peopleI knowwho I help with their computer problems. Also Microsoft XP has worked great and the onlyreally crappyOS they came out withwasMicrosoft MEwhich even MS admits to. The spam isn't Microsoft's fault or this site's and I haven't had any increase since joining over 2 years ago. The problem with your analogy is I only paid $100 or so for my Microsoft OS's over the yearsand not 20K + or I would be really pissed which I would be if I owned an '07 with some of the problems that I have been reading about. Microsoft also doesn't sit there saying everything is normaland not admit to the problems like the MOCO and it's dealers do. Also the complexity of an Operating System compared to a simple mechanical device like a Harley isn't even close. Besides, other then the securityproblemswhich Microsoft stays on top of and the cause of which are A$$HOLEhackers out there which of course pick on Microsoft products since almost everybody in the world uses them. The Apple users and Linux users would have a lot the same problems except the hackers concentrate on the most widely used OS which is by far Microsoft OS's.And no, I don't work for Microsoft but I have been in the computer industry for over 42 years and I also have been frustrated once in awhile with a couple of their products too.Well anyway that's JMHO for whatever it's

Old 08-15-2007, 10:00 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Jeeeeusssss H Ceeeerist...!!!!!
all this fuggin time with power comanders,oils,etc.........
why didnt we just go,to to the local puter guys and have them fix the clatter???????

what the he11 were we thinking??

Old 08-15-2007, 11:34 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Too much to reply to, too little time, too much of a tangent...

A couple of things that I remember reading:

How do I know what the server is running? Easy.
Code:
Resolving www.hdforums.com... 209.234.248.45
 Connecting to www.hdforums.com|209.234.248.45|:80... connected.
 HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
   HTTP/1.1 200 OK
   Connection: keep-alive
   Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:20:11 GMT
   Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
   X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
   Content-Length: 96792
   Content-Type: text/html; Charset=utf-8
   Expires: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 16:20:10 GMT
   Set-Cookie: HDFttRemember=forum=263&string=; path=/
   Set-Cookie: HDFpreURL=; path=/
   Set-Cookie: HDFbackURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ehdforums%2Ecom%3A80%2Fm%5F654370%2Fmpage%5F62%2Ftm%2Ehtm; path=/
   Set-Cookie: HDFmembrowser=moz4; path=/
   Set-Cookie: Session=4FADEB8EE2774927833644AD970A989C; path=/
   Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDQAQDDCBD=PAPAMBDBFBIBKHDCPDIGMMDI; path=/
   Cache-control: private
 Length: 96,792 (95K) [text/html]
 200 OK
Why does Windows suffer such a tremendous rate of infiltration through back-doors, by malware, etc.? It's not because it's the most widely used thus the biggest target. (The reason it's so widely used is purely marketing strategy and bullying.) The reason it's targeted (seemingly) more than other systems is solely because it's the easiest to break into. It's the weakling of the herd.

I haven't heard the data on Vista yet, I'm sure it's somewhat better about it (though it's being removed and replaced with XP probably more than not because it sucks so bad); with XP, the latest and greatest, you have more than a 50/50 chance of becoming someone's zombie within 11 minutes of bringing the new computer home and hooking it up to a public network. It takes longer than that to get started getting the first of the long list of "critical" updates installed!

I don't have a hard-on for Microsoft. They make me go limp and retract worse than 40° water.

Those who've had any kind of success with Windows products (and I'll admit it is possible for someone who knows how to unweld the hood on them) have got to be a very far greater minority than those who've found great discontent with the way an '07 Harley is made and performs.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Roadbandit
Cruiser

GUYS THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!! THIER IS NOT ONE PERSON THAT WOULD PUT UP WITH A NEW CAR OR TRUCK THAT SOUNDS LIKE THESE O7 TOP OF THE LINE TOURING BIKES, AND THEN HAVE TO PAY THE DEALER EXTRA TO MADE IT SOUND SMOOTH. CAN YOU IMAGINE PAYING FOR A CADILAC AND THE RIDE EXPERIENCE BE LIKE WHAT WE HAVE ENCOUNTERD ON THESE CLATTER BOXES!!!! AND THEN HAVE THE DEALER SAY THAT IT IS NORMAL, NO ISSUE, YOUR LUGGING IT, AND THEN HAVE THE GUTTS TO SELL YOU A FIX FOR IT FOR $300 DOLLARS PLUS LABBOR.
I JUST GOT ONE QUESTION. WHAT IS A WARRANTY AND WHAT IS A WARRANTY GOOD FOR!!!!!!!! I WILL NOT BUY THIS IDS, FROM NO DAMN DEALER. I JUST HOPE SOME AFTERMARKET COMPANY COMES OUT WITH A FIX THAT I CAN AFFORD. I WILL NEVER APOLOGIZE TO THE MOCO FOR PUTING ME THROUGH ALL THIS AGRAVATION!!!!! AND ANYONE WHO WOULD EVEN THINK OF APOLOGIZING TO THEM ABOUT THE PROBLEMS WITH THE 07 CLATTER CRAPS IS A DAMN FOOL!!!!!!!

Old 08-15-2007, 12:43 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I vote troll...Microsoft has nothing to do with these crap *** bikes. We in the computer industry call this a "Red Herring" Lets move on.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:53 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the posts that refer to all the problems that Honda or BMW have with their bikes.

If one spends $13,000 to $15,000 for a bike fine, let them have problems.

A Harley upwards of $22,000 is a totally different animal, pricewise, and supposedly, quality wise.

The vaunted torture testing by the MoCo certainly leads one to believe that their product is worth the extra $7,000.

No tranny complaints prior to the 2007 line, why should buyers of the 07's have expected any less.

No more Honda or BMW comparison posts needed either, another "Red Herring".Let's move on.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:27 PM
ironoxide
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: ButtMan1000

I like the posts that refer to all the problems that Honda or BMW have with their bikes.

If one spends $13,000 to $15,000 for a bike fine, let them have problems.

A Harley upwards of $22,000 is a totally different animal, pricewise, and supposedly, quality wise.

The vaunted torture testing by the MoCo certainly leads one to believe that their product is worth the extra $7,000.

No tranny complaints prior to the 2007 line, why should buyers of the 07's have expected any less.

No more Honda or BMW comparison posts needed either, another "Red Herring". Let's move on.
BMW

K1200LT $25,000
K12000GT $23,500
R1200RT $23,000

Honda Roune $28,000
Honda Goldwing $25,000

Quick Reply: 2007 Tranny problem!