Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

2007 Tranny problem!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:10 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tranny problem!

ORIGINAL: ButtMan1000

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

keep fightin rm,,,,, keep fightin
[sm=headbang.gif][sm=pcwhack.gif] LOL!!!!! [sm=signs003.gif]

Now that there is funny I don't care who ya are!

Old 08-14-2007, 09:15 PM
FoxRM250
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pittguy....You sure have had a change of heart here latley. After what we went through for all that time and now you say apoligize to harley? For what...building and selling a substandard product??Have you lost your marbles!! I pray every night that harley davidson will go bankrupt and the japs will take em over. You know as good as I do what Gene told us back in December and that IDS think is nothing more than a bandaid. I agree with you about wanting the bike to be quiet, but where do you stop putting money into a sinking ship? If the tolerances are out that bad to start with....some transmissionparts are basically wore out from the timethey arenew. I'm all for a fix, but lets fix the real issues. Wish we could get a blueprint and blueprint the transmission just to see how bad it was really out of spec.

If anything, we should be writing Mr. Ziemer ( The HD CEO ) about giving us free parts to fix this mess, not buyingand spending anymore on theirscrewups. I have to admit, when I emailed him when we first had the problem, he responded to me within 24 hrs and put Gene on us....I was impressed. Like I said from the start, I don't or didn't mind doing the R&D work for them to test whatever for them. But from that point on....we got the runaround and he said that there would not be a fix or change. He knew good and well that it was not right.

Apoligize....not in this lifetime or any other!! They owe us bigtime

PS....How come we haven't given out those top dog email addresses yet so other's can see what they have to say now??

Old 08-14-2007, 10:11 PM
a2wheelerte
4th Gear

Take a close look at the new compensator assembly in the new Rocker. The engine is mounted offset to the tranny to make room for the wide tire. They also put in a brand new compensator. This is a beta test, I'm sure. Look for 2009 to have a wider tire and they sneak in the new compensator. It needs to have the engine offset to make room for the extra parts in the assembly. They offer two color choices for the engine on Rocker. I can't believe they drilled them offset if they were not migrating the rest of the engine to the new setup. Just my idle speculation on the real fix coming.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Eddie Haskell
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't want to be an idiot but I've gone backwards at least six pages and keep hearing "IDS" can someone fill me in so I don't have to keep looking for the first reference to "IDS"

Old 08-14-2007, 10:28 PM
ironoxide
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: a2wheelerte

Take a close look at the new compensator assembly in the new Rocker. The engine is mounted offset to the tranny to make room for the wide tire. They also put in a brand new compensator. This is a beta test, I'm sure. Look for 2009 to have a wider tire and they sneak in the new compensator. It needs to have the engine offset to make room for the extra parts in the assembly. They offer two color choices for the engine on Rocker. I can't believe they drilled them offset if they were not migrating the rest of the engine to the new setup. Just my idle speculation on the real fix coming.
Interesting! I haven't studied the Rocker. Could a larger primary cover make room for the new compansator? Why not get rid of the compensator all together? I don't believe (but don't know) the Japanese use a comp. on their big twin designs.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:39 PM
ironoxide
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Eddie Haskell

I don't want to be an idiot but I've gone backwards at least six pages and keep hearing "IDS" can someone fill me in so I don't have to keep looking for the first reference to "IDS"
E.H. It's the Isolated Drive System that HD came out with on the 08' touring line. It's a cush drive used on many Japanese models. It's old technology that's been around for about 25 years. Works much the same as the compensator sprocket, only it's located in the final drive belt sprocket. It can be retro fitted on the 07' touring bikes. I'm sorry, I don't have the HD part number.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:25 PM
rmsurveyors
Tourer

ORIGINAL: ironoxide

ORIGINAL: a2wheelerte

Interesting! I haven't studied the Rocker. Could a larger primary cover make room for the new compansator? Why not get rid of the compensator all together? I don't believe (but don't know) the Japanese use a comp. on their big twin designs.
Why not just weld-up the comp all together and be done with the noise, most bikes now days don't even use that old technology.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:24 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: TexasRanger

The issue all along has been MOCO's denying the issues. Had they said "We have a problem and we are working on it" we would all been alot happier. At the same time it would have forced them to do the upgrades for free. What's really happened is that we unknowningly have been their beta testers for this new configuration. They took our feedback, internalized it, and brought out a "New Feature" which at a minimum, caused the complaints to stop. Microsoft does this all the time. Right or wrong, it is what it is, for us that's really unfortunate.
Reading all this chatter (entire thread/subject) I couldn't help but wonder how many of you are using Microsoft crap on your computers. For years, no doubt. How many man-hours have you wasted just rebooting when it locks up? How about the time lost on whatever it was you were working on and had to start over? How about the time it takes to re-install every 6 months because the computer has just slowed to a crawl and there's no way to fix it? Multiply this by many hundreds of thousands across the country every day. Than multiply again for world-wide values.

How about all the stolen personal information because there are no real security measures?

Constant state of being a BETA tester and you're paying through the nose for it. No, it didn't come "free" on your new computer. You paid for it. Way too much for $5 worth of crap. Yet you keep on using it and buying into the next upgrade. There's no warrantee or guarantee that it'll do anything.

Yet when you buy a machine that has moving parts that move a lot of weight down the road you get upset that it's not completely silent. It works 99.8% as expected every time all day every day even though it's operating under outlandish and severe constraints by government agencies. But you get on your Microsoft-laden computer, come here and complain.

Hell, this damn site is being run, fairly poorly, on that crap and I hadn't got any spam email to speak of for months until right after I signed up here.

Comparing the companies and their products, HD ought to be placed on a pedestal and MS ought to be doing hard time.

Just some food for thought...

Old 08-15-2007, 07:37 AM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: glens

ORIGINAL: TexasRanger

The issue all along has been MOCO's denying the issues. Had they said "We have a problem and we are working on it" we would all been alot happier. At the same time it would have forced them to do the upgrades for free. What's really happened is that we unknowningly have been their beta testers for this new configuration. They took our feedback, internalized it, and brought out a "New Feature" which at a minimum, caused the complaints to stop. Microsoft does this all the time. Right or wrong, it is what it is, for us that's really unfortunate.
Reading all this chatter (entire thread/subject) I couldn't help but wonder how many of you are using Microsoft crap on your computers. For years, no doubt. How many man-hours have you wasted just rebooting when it locks up? How about the time lost on whatever it was you were working on and had to start over? How about the time it takes to re-install every 6 months because the computer has just slowed to a crawl and there's no way to fix it? Multiply this by many hundreds of thousands across the country every day. Than multiply again for world-wide values.

How about all the stolen personal information because there are no real security measures?

Constant state of being a BETA tester and you're paying through the nose for it. No, it didn't come "free" on your new computer. You paid for it. Way too much for $5 worth of crap. Yet you keep on using it and buying into the next upgrade. There's no warrantee or guarantee that it'll do anything.

Yet when you buy a machine that has moving parts that move a lot of weight down the road you get upset that it's not completely silent. It works 99.8% as expected every time all day every day even though it's operating under outlandish and severe constraints by government agencies. But you get on your Microsoft-laden computer, come here and complain.

Hell, this damn site is being run, fairly poorly, on that crap and I hadn't got any spam email to speak of for months until right after I signed up here.

Comparing the companies and their products, HD ought to be placed on a pedestal and MS ought to be doing hard time.

This is just random. I pay a couple hundred bucks for MicroSoft products and they issue fixes and updates at no charge. I paid 20 grand for this thing and they deny all problems when there are problems. Sorry the expectations are much higher and the MoCo's support is lower

Old 08-15-2007, 07:37 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: glens

[sm=smiley32.gif][sm=exactly.gif]

Quick Reply: 2007 Tranny problem!