Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

2007 Tranny problem!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:34 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tranny problem!

ORIGINAL: TexasRanger

FX4,
Who's your dealer?
TE
Naples / Ft Myers HD. Same dealer, two locations. Bike has been worked on at both locations.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:07 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RM I know what your saying,Ive been there,Im in the same situation as you.HD has put my case under some special heading and will not speak w/me.I havent tried in months and dont plan on it.My bike is still the same as when they tested it,it still clatters and I dont enjoy it.These bike tuning has to be exact to work as an older model did.That means every sensor has to be doing its job.There is just no room for error.Harmonics is causing your noise and mine.The exh system isnt helping this nor is the amount of overlap these cams have.Add heat and a poor tune to this and our bikes are a mess.Why some bikes dont have this is odd but maybe they have a better overall tune,or sensors working in unison.Stockish bikes have the best chance at this noise.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Bellamacchina
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this out. Now the cat is out of the bag. No changes to the 2008 tranny. My a$$

http://*****************/forums/showthread.php?t=110728

I don't know why the link doesn't copy&paste, it over at the *****************

Now that's funny, every time I paste the link it replces the v-twinforum with the asterix. Oh well

Old 08-07-2007, 02:35 PM
rmsurveyors
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Bellamacchina

Check this out. Now the cat is out of the bag. No changes to the 2008 tranny. My a$$

http://*****************/forums/showthread.php?t=110728
Your link is invalid.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:38 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

Got the 2008 touring model catalog in my hands and quickly went through a comparison of engine/gearbox components with the 2007 touring models. Some of the changes are hidden deep in certain components.

Engine

[ul][*]front head (new front motor mount)[*]crank bearing[*]cams[*]induction module (new fly by wire system)[*]Stator assembly[*]new ECM etc (new fly by wire system)[*]crank shaft position sensor[*]Starter assembly[*]starter clutch subassembly[/ul]
Gearbox

[ul][*]clutch cable[*]transmission assembly[*]transmission case subassembly[*]lock rings 11081 A[*]Inner primary bearing inner race[*]Input shaft[/ul]

Old 08-07-2007, 02:43 PM
RDM
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the rest
It appears to me that the MoFoCo addressed the major issues with the 07 drivetrain in a sneaky way.

Cams to deal with the pinging and likely the overheating, the starter to address premature failures and maybe the noise and my absolute favorite , new transmission assembly with new case, input shaft bearings and a few other minor things to deal with the non existing 07 transmission problem.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:47 PM
rmsurveyors
Tourer

ORIGINAL: pittguy

Got the 2008 touring model catalog in my hands and quickly went through a comparison of engine/gearbox components with the 2007 touring models. Some of the changes are hidden deep in certain components.

Engine
[ul][*]front head (new front motor mount)[*]crank bearing[*]cams[*]induction module (new fly by wire system)[*]Stator assembly[*]new ECM etc (new fly by wire system)[*]crank shaft position sensor[*]Starter assembly[*]starter clutch subassembly[/ul]
Gearbox
[ul][*]clutch cable[*]transmission assembly[*]transmission case subassembly[*]lock rings 11081 A[*]Inner primary bearing inner race[*]Input shaft[/ul]
Well ain't that strange, all these changes in an engine/tranny thataccording to MOCO and their stealer's,had nothing wrong with them in 07. And I might add, most of those changes appear to be in areas suspected of causing issues with the 07's. This is as low-life as MOCO can get, deny that a problem even exists with the 07's, to the point of lying to their customers and even going so far as to cancel warranties, and nowapparently address the very same things people have been telling them about. Well at least now we mayhave a good sizedlaundry list of what the 07's need to make them right, which includes more than an IDS, that many are claiming a miracle cure for the 07's.All you guys going for an IDS to fix your scooters better keep your wallets out cause you got a ways to go. In essence what is shown here is MOCO only built the Clatter Wagons for one (1) year 2007, before throwing out the mold and starting anew. Gee do we wonder why?

Old 08-07-2007, 02:56 PM
RDM
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something tells me it is going to get interesting now........

Old 08-07-2007, 03:00 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

Customer apprecition time.I know its dreaming!

Old 08-07-2007, 03:14 PM
rmsurveyors
Tourer

I think what pittguy, I and a fewothers have been saying for a while nowmay finally come to light, so to speak. When you look atthe inventory of all those pieces/parts, just think new engine/tranny to fix our bikes, especially in the tranny area. Lets see what theHD loyalists have to say about MOCO and their steelers credibility now! If this ain't a slap in the face by MOCOI don't know what is!

Quick Reply: 2007 Tranny problem!