Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

2007 Tranny problem!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 02:52 PM
ironoxide
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2007 Tranny problem!

Well...I guess that means if you want more power, you better buy a Goldwing. If this is true and takes hold, there goes the aftermarket and 75% of the Harley buyers with them. Note my signature line.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:31 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: rmsurveyors

MOCO called me today regarding my 07 Ultra Clatter, saying they have flagged my bikes VIN and warranty (what ever that means)and that they will continue to spot check other owners bikes as wellfor circumventing or changing parts, i.e. exhaust, induction, fuel management systems. In short any changes from OEM configurations will be flagged to the bikesVIN and warranty. Again, that information was told to me byMOCO. So apparently MOCO is going out of the way to void orlesson the warranty on the 07's now. My thoughts are "What Warranty". Their reporting agent is NOT only the area reps but the dealers mayvery wellturn you in also. MOCO said they had pictures of my bike with several after market items added that was contrary to their warranty. So I guess we have spies among us now.
So the stealer, who you would think would be on your side at least if they ever want to sell you another bike (or anyone else for that matter) is actually siding with moco in trying to screw you? I see an empty, abandoned stealership building in their future...

And the stealers are used to making a lot of money on these aftermarket upgrades? And now they want to lose that too? I don't get it. What's the stealership got to gain from losing a customer? They wouldn't have to pay for the warranty themselves, right?

Old 07-30-2007, 04:05 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Deluxe07: Yes softails have the same problem. Two locally that I know of.
Ron

Old 07-30-2007, 04:13 PM
rmsurveyors
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: ironoxide

Well...I guess that means if you want more power, you better buy a Goldwing. If this is true and takes hold, there goes the aftermarket and 75% of the Harley buyers with them. Note my signature line.
I never had an issue with needingmore power, all the upgrades I've done were to try and rid my Ultra Clatter of heat, clatterand vibration issues. And now that the bike is running 100% better MOCO wants to strike back with some off the wall threat of canceling my warranty, as it appears they are doing to others as well. They must be really hard up on these 07's, they must know somethings coming down the line to bite um.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:23 PM
rmsurveyors
Tourer

ORIGINAL: JBaker421

ORIGINAL: rmsurveyors

MOCO called me today regarding my 07 Ultra Clatter, saying they have flagged my bikes VIN and warranty (what ever that means)and that they will continue to spot check other owners bikes as wellfor circumventing or changing parts, i.e. exhaust, induction, fuel management systems. In short any changes from OEM configurations will be flagged to the bikesVIN and warranty. Again, that information was told to me byMOCO. So apparently MOCO is going out of the way to void orlesson the warranty on the 07's now. My thoughts are "What Warranty". Their reporting agent is NOT only the area reps but the dealers mayvery wellturn you in also. MOCO said they had pictures of my bike with several after market items added that was contrary to their warranty. So I guess we have spies among us now.
So the stealer, who you would think would be on your side at least if they ever want to sell you another bike (or anyone else for that matter) is actually siding with moco in trying to screw you? I see an empty, abandoned stealership building in their future...

And the stealers are used to making a lot of money on these aftermarket upgrades? And now they want to lose that too? I don't get it. What's the stealership got to gain from losing a customer? They wouldn't have to pay for the warranty themselves, right?
Sorry forgot to mention the dealers name; Fosters HD, Tuscombia, Alabama. They've always fought me with warranty issues. Anything you bring in for warranty they call MOCO for approval, and then it takes weeks if not months to get their lazy a$$ rep to look at the issue, which isn't that a little bias, how about a third party unbiased opinion, for once. Fosters HDcan't wipe their a$$ without consulting with MOCO first. We need to all work on a list of these scam artist stealers and post on the net, at least one might get some forewarning before going to one of these places.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:20 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

rmsurveyors,

It's way past time to get a lawyer and bust their lying, cheating, sorry asses in my opinion! I wish you the best of luck!! The MoCo is showing its true colors and it's high time for someone to take them down a few notches!

John

Old 07-30-2007, 06:35 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It would appear that keeping my bike stock for the time being may be the best thing to do for now. The snot nosed punk *** kid at the dealer already said they may not honour my warrany because I've done the service work myself. Kept records and receipts of everything done. This includes several screwups they did for the pdi which I fixed, so I'm not too concerned about it. If a claim comes up it will be interesting because I am no longer in a mood for HD bullchit politics. Why is it that dealers can break epa rules with aftermarket parts and if we do warranty is void. O wait, I know the answer. Money. If we do it their profit drops and we get penisized.
Ron

Old 07-30-2007, 06:39 PM
billb7984
Advanced

Hey Mark ,my 07 deluxe,also whines and chatters !!!!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2007, 08:32 PM
rmsurveyors
Tourer

After what I've been thru, It's probably best to keep it stock. The guy from MOCO said he had photos of my bike with the upgrades, and that they were pursuing other owners who had circumvented things on their bikeas well. What's really low life about all this is that I bought all the parts from Fosters HD, in Tuscombia , Alabama, who had advised me several times that If I wanted my Ultra Clatter to run properly, I needed to upgrade the exhaust,breather and fuel management, which is what I did, i.e. V&H Ovals, SE Breather and PC III. Now I'm getting heat from MOCO, and the dealer is running for cover. What happen to the days the dealer stood behind it's customers? Before you lay down your $20,000.00+ they're your best friend, then after the sell you a piece of junk, like the 07's, they want more money for upgrades, and then when you upgrade, they don't know who you are anymore. Low Life , Low Life, Low Life, money hungry thieves! Talk about Enron inbreds!

Old 07-30-2007, 09:29 PM
daconiam
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmm, I have a 5 year extended warranty. Wonder if I should sell it back vice have it canxd for some sort of BS reason?!

Quick Reply: 2007 Tranny problem!