Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

2007 Tranny problem!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 12:44 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tranny problem!

I wonder why someone doesn't send a link to this thread to that law firm mentioned above. They are obviously huge and make millions off of this stuff.

Class action law firm without peer:

http://www.hagens-berman.com/honda_pressrelease.htm

There is a link to their web site and email addresses within that. They did the Exxon Valdez (sp?) and a ton of other high profile cases - look on their web site.

Link to this thread on this forum:

http://*******.com/2kzew4

I don't have legal standing because I didn't buy a 2007 (thanks to you folks - I was on my way when I did a google and found this...) but it would cost nothing to email them a link and a say "please?" What think?

I believe that these big law firms take these on "contigency" so that you don't have to pay unless they win. They get a bigger piece of the pie that way, but so what if you get damages above the actual repairs such as punitive damages.

(I have 3 Harleys, love Harleys, but right now I don't love Harley. I want this worked out for all of you.)

Do we think that jawing among "us girls" will solve this? It's good to vent, but this needs to be escalated to the State and Fed regulators and to a good law firm, imho.

Again, what think???

Old 07-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Ray J
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After my last posting I did just what you suggested, I went to the lawyers sent them an e-mail with this thread link told them of our problems and ask what could be done. We shall see what happens now, are you reading this H.D. ??

Old 07-16-2007, 02:29 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

ORIGINAL: adroitexdetroiter

FX4: I don'tbelieve they redesigned the compensator for '08. Do you know something I don't know? I haven't seen the technical literature yet. I would love to sit comparethe parts manualsfor '07 and '08. My local dealer has now confirmed that the IDS kit does not have a spring pack for the compensator and that the whole kit is for the sprocket. Looks like a $300+ BandAid to me. Moreover, there is no guarantee that this will fix the Clatter. My buddy plans on installing one on his Ultra Clat-t-t-t-t-ter as soon as they come out. I told him notto get excited.

When the 08s arrive it will be only a matter of time before we hearabout them. In the meantime we still don't know for sure what's up with these 07s.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Roadbandit
Cruiser

I'VE THOUGHT ABOUT PUTTING AFTERMARKET PIPES ON THIS RATTLE TRAP AND BREATER AND FI CONTROLLER, BUT ARE THESE THINGS GOING TO GIVE THE MOCO AN EXCUSE NOT TO PERFORM WARRANTY WORK ON THESE CLATTERING JUNKS.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:15 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Roadbandit: Most definately. It's only ok for them to break the epa rules at the dealers if they install it. If they put it on they can't deny warranty. Hell, my service manager said they would not honor warranty claims if they did not do the required services in the book. Told him to reread the part where it say I can if I'm qualified, have the service manual and tools to do the job. Actually since there were about 6 screwups on the bike when I got home with it , including front seat not anchored in slot the only time he will see the bike is if the crankshaft jumps out of the engine and passes me on the road or a recall for tranny clatter.
Ron

Old 07-16-2007, 04:52 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still say wait till this IDS system is out before doing something extreme.Word has it sometime next week,you or at least some have waited since shortly coming off showroom floor for a fix.Some owners already have this ordered so feedback should be relatively quick.If it works your boycott will be short lived.The other model owners w/this noise need to show that the numbers are out there for such an item.The aftermarket would move on this if it shows to be a money making item.If it works the next problem will be between you,your dealer and HD over paying for it.If it works on mine its worth the cost to me.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:43 PM
max1
Intermediate

If I would have to pay 350.00 to fix their mess, I will put that money and more towards the Baker fix, or whole trans. from them or someone else. Built the way it should be. Not being a sucker again.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:56 PM
ironoxide
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rubber dampeners in th rear wheel assembies are nothing new. The Japanese having been doing so for decades. I've got an IDS ordered and plan to install same as soon as it's available. If it doesn't cure ALL drive train noise, at least it will help to protect it from long term wear and tear. I'll post my results ASAP.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:57 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

Could come to that,many here dont have a problem w/the 5th gear whine.Thats what Baker says it cures in his ads.Along with lever walk.Makes no mention of clatter so to me its a bigger gamble.Adding the IDS-which I guess acts like another compensator- should work as well as remove some shock off the lower ends.If the trap door is so filmsy,why cant he kit just that?I dont want the gears,the add on of a speedo recal.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:09 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

I personally think Baker missed his chance,He shouldve grabbed one of these clatter machines when his kit first came out.An internet example wouldve been the best,I think he wouldve sold more kits.If the IDS works or at least works on the majority,he lost even more sales.The masses here are going to buy what works the best for their money.

Quick Reply: 2007 Tranny problem!