Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

2007 Tranny problem!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 09:49 PM
geraldtf
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tranny problem!

hey pittguy ,do what i just did ,just got a e-mail letter off to COMSUMER REPORTS .ORG . told them the whole story,about everything , how we are getting the cold shoulder. also the customer service number, everybody that has our problem should do the same ,POWER IN NUMBERS!

Old 09-14-2006, 11:26 PM
GOBB
Intermediate

Thanks 211 Chuck. That reburn would cure 90% of my complaints.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:32 PM
rcmty
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I just bought a 2007 Heritage Classsic and only rode it 110 miles and it has a loud whine noise only in 5th gear. My other gears are real smooth and queit. I contacted my dealer where I bought it and was told not to worry about it right now just keep riding it and when I bring it in for my first 1000 miles service they will change the break in oil and it should take care of the whine in 5th gear. Well, I sure hope so $20.000 is alot of money to pay for something that will drive you crazy riding!!! has anyone else heard of the Heritage Classic with the trann problem other than mine?

Old 09-14-2006, 11:41 PM
drod
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

rcmty welcome to the Clatter Club! There are a lot of us here with the trans problem. Start reading some of the post. Go ahead and call HD Customer Service and notify them of your membership to the Clatter Club. You can get on there black list with the rest of us. You are not alone in this.
ORIGINAL: rcmty

I just bought a 2007 Heritage Classsic and only rode it 110 miles and it has a loud whine noise only in 5th gear. My other gears are real smooth and queit. I contacted my dealer where I bought it and was told not to worry about it right now just keep riding it and when I bring it in for my first 1000 miles service they will change the break in oil and it should take care of the whine in 5th gear. Well, I sure hope so $20.000 is alot of money to pay for something that will drive you crazy riding!!! has anyone else heard of the Heritage Classic with the trann problem other than mine?

Old 09-15-2006, 11:55 AM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will do on the consumer link,plan on contacting BBB as well as others.When I asked C/S to speak to someone in the know or have them call me this woman shrugged me off,thats when my vocabulary got bad.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:55 AM
211Chuck
Road Warrior

Edelmon
Hang Around

Status: offline When you say "stumbling and surging" does it feel like the motor is missing? I mean like the plug is misfiring, not like the motor is gone....
;-). The other thing that I have noticed is that when I shift into 6th to stop that gawdawful noise, that it vibrates so bad that my vision is becomes blurry! That doesnt straighten out until about 75mph.

What exactly is parade mapping?

Mine has felt like it misses a beat on several occasions, it gets so hot that the heat shield on the exhaust melted my shoe and bakes my right leg. Oh well. I'm sure it can (and will) all be fixed. I'm taking it in next week for the 1000 mile checkup.

Thanks for the updates.

TE

You need to take your bike for a ride (STONE COLD) like I said
in my other post. Your bike will only feel like how the Parade Mapping
runs for a mile or less so do not start it till your pointing down the
road and go as soon as it fires up!

Parade Mapping is Parade Mapping for your ECU call your dealer
or mine.. Carolina Harley Davidson ask for Eric 704-867-2855..

Like I also said not everyone has a top 25 Harley dealer in the
world in their city like I do, so yours may not even know what
it is in which case call mine!

The trany is much smoother and much more quite with this map
it will also run a bunch cooler and get WAY BETTER gas mileage!

Good Luck and Ride Safe my friend..

Old 09-15-2006, 12:32 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

Filed complaint to NHTSA this am.Now lets see what come of this.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:23 PM
eor
Advanced

ORIGINAL: pittguy

Filed complaint to NHTSA this am.Now lets see what come of this.
You will need to make a pretty good case that it is a safety issue before NHTSA will take note of it.

Old 09-15-2006, 04:45 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

Yes I realize that,but this could become an issue.It already seemed to change my dealers tune.Mine wasnt the first case they heard of.Wanted to know more about it and specifics to when it occurs.Rep also wants to see and ride bike.My noise is there in 5th but is drowned out by gear whine.6th gear the rattle is easier to hear unless your hauling.60 to 70 mph is where I can hear it the best.Not during decel,its afterwards when picking up speed usually with throttle held steady.The bike will not do it until it gets hot and this cooler weather adds to the time but it will make the noise.Sounds like kickstand hitting primary but thats not the case,nor is the heatshields.Hard to tell which side is the loudest,my gut tells me its primary but sounds more on the r/h and behind your r/h leg.I can hear sound leaning bike to the l/h while riding and when crossing a bridge w/jersy barrier style sides or thru construction areas w/these types of barriers the noise is apparent.My bike no longer has the 4inch windshield,it has a 9inch and I ride w/o a lid.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:49 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

Noise is in the primary,not the trans.

Quick Reply: 2007 Tranny problem!