Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

2007 Tranny problem!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 01:13 AM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tranny problem!

rmsurveyors-
I really agree with what you are saying. I agree because I have an 06 Roadglide that clatters. 06 not 07. I've had an automatic primary chain tensioner since new and it always clatters, starting at around 26, 2700 rpm. 06's camewith the old style and on the 07's all came with the auto tensioner. I had mine installed thinking it was a great idea. Nobody can tell me what the clattering is. It has to be the auto tensioner. Checked my primary chain and it cannot possibly be any tighter.. Gonna get rid of it and put the old style on. Will report the results.
Also, interesting what you said about heat, etc. Mine is always louder when cold. At operating temp. and above it quiets down somewhat, but it is still there.
Gary D.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Saved Sinner
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sick of it.......Had the dealer to work on it yesterday. He said that he tightened up the space on the compensator spring???? He said this was the 6th or 7th he had done and they all got quiet. Mine is no different than when I took it in. I'm calling HD customer service today...notice that they don't even have an 800 number.......after that I'm gonna put Mobil 1 Syn 75W/140 in both tranny and primary. I'm sick of the clatter........sure wish I would have kept my 95 UC and left this piece of crap on the dealer floor.........If I thought I could get by with it, I'd drain tranny and primary and ride it till it choked........

Old 04-25-2007, 11:38 AM
rmsurveyors
Tourer

Like many others who paid their hard earned money for junk like this, I've had enough. Today, I take my bike back to the dealer, and it is nothing short of fix it or keep it. NO more lies, NO more "that's normal", No more "I don't here any clatter". Enough is Enough we can't let Harley get by with this crap!

Old 04-25-2007, 07:00 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice to hear that Im not the only one HD hates.Adding tension to compensator has been tried and failed.Comp area got quieter,motor and tranny got noisier on the ones I heard of at least.One member here had this tried on his,maybe he will chime in.This problem needs attention beyond the bandaids.If the trap doors are too weak,or plastic caged brgs need replaced in tranny to keep mainshaft from walking to the r/h and counter shaft to the L/h and hitting clutchsetup?FIX it.If the shock load is coming from engine and traveling to tranny?FIX it!The MoCo needs to can these so called engineers andstart farming these postions out too.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

Used search and saw this thread. Really don't have tome to look at 31 pages so.........
I'm getting my 1,000 mile service soon for my 07 FLHX, and asked the dealer to put Redline, they told me that I have to provide it. What Redline formulation should I get. In addition, how much do I need and where can I get it.
Thanks in advance

Old 04-27-2007, 05:09 PM
acj116
Stage III

32 oz of Redline Shock Proof which is available at most auto parts stores. Advanced Auto is where i got mine

Old 04-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: acj116

32 oz of Redline Shock Proof which is available at most auto parts stores. Advanced Auto is where i got mine
Thanks, should I get Heavy, Lightweight, Superlight, or 80W Motorcycle Gear oil.

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_g...p;categoryID=6

Old 04-30-2007, 10:04 PM
bluep
Advanced

ORIGINAL: sweetlu

ORIGINAL: acj116

Thanks, should I get Heavy, Lightweight, Superlight, or 80W Motorcycle Gear oil.

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_g...p;categoryID=6
Get the ( HEAVY )

Old 05-01-2007, 01:34 AM
5th gear club
Stage II

Sounds very familiar! Just picked up my 07 Heritage Softail Classic (Black Cherry) last week. Beautiful bike, but sounds like crap. My wife even said something on the first ride out and she could care less. So I get the bike home and was showing it off to my friends when one of them pointed out the ripple in the tank decal. Now I have a brand new, very expensive, bike that sounds like crap and needs a new tank. Should have kept the Roadstar!

Old 05-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Saved Sinner
Advanced

Just got off the phone with HD Customer Service Rep. what a joke. He gives the runaround about compensator, dog springs.........says there is no problem. I told him that if I had a new car making the kind of noise this thing is making, I would park it at the dealer and they would fix it. I asked for an area tech rep to talk to and ride the bike. He said he wouldn't give a name to contact because I would be wasting my time and his. He said factory is not working on a fix because there is none and there would be no changes for 08. He said that it is one of the "unique" sounds for the 07. I can't ride mine without getting angry because of the sound. If the service from company is no better than this I don't thing that I want another bike from them. I'm probably gonna bite the bullet and find a low mileage 06........

Quick Reply: 2007 Tranny problem!