Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

couple a questions about primary and clutch

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 11:47 AM
old skool1983
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default couple a questions about primary and clutch

2 questions (04 1200C)
i've noticed since i put my jocky shift on that the clutch cable gets pritty grimmy, i'm worried that some of that grime is makin its way into my primary via through the clutch cable...any of you jockey guys have this experience? and if so do you just change yr oil more offten??

second question (hopfully unrelated) haven't riddin the bike in a while (about 2 weeks) and this week i've been riddin a bit and the bike has been riddin real good
road it today and it feels like 1st is a little sluggish to engage. Could just be nothing and me just wanting to find something wrong with my scoot ( i do that sometimes :doh)
but i'm wondering if my clutch starts going could it go a grear at a time or will i find universal trouble though ought the gears?
Now i'm just thinkin outloud here, i have not adjusted the primary chain or the clutch yet and i'm close to being due for an oil change
what do ya think...
also i'm probley gonna put about 300-400 miles on the bike in the next week, ya think i can do all that stuff i just mentioned after this week with no real issues or does this call for some timely action?
thanks

Old 04-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Bent Wrench
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't worry about dirt via the clutch cable, the chain/sprockets and clutch shed more debris than will enter via clutch cable.

If the clutch is not slipping, ride it like you stole it. If it is slipping, fix it now or you may spend plenty $ you don't need to!