Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

Primary Bearing 06 Dyna and newer models

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:07 PM
turbo54
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Primary Bearing 06 Dyna and newer models

Is this have any thing to do with the end play on the fly wheel?

Old 10-15-2007, 02:55 PM
vicsponjr
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts

Talked to the service guy. He says its the roller bearing and inner race? Waiting for the parts to come in. 70 degrees and sunny all week, I'm off till Friday night and I have no bike. This s#*ks.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Pixs
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pixs

I haven't been back to the dealer yet. Jake, I see that you found the letter that the MOCO sent out, that indicates that it is different but does not say what is different.

Sammi: I never got either notice. Bike has almost 20K miles on it.

Vicsponjr: The replacement bearing had the same international number on it. Yes it was identical to the origional.

Marcss: Looks like it is working for you. The dealer had a suply of the origional bearing, maybe his inventory up date has not cought up to a newer design where I go for help.

Oilslick: That's what I want to know.

Jandlcars: I use Mobile-1 75W - 90 Synthetic or Castrol 75W - 90 Synthetic.

Still looking for answers.

Well Boyz and Girlz,

I'm still looking for answers. I got more stories than Hans Christian Anderson had when I asked a question about a permanant fix. Every thing is wounderfull and as exciting as can possible be, according to the service writer; same story I got 3 months ago when the same two bearings, primary and clutch hub, went South. I made it the three miles home without it puking parts. The utter nonsence that went on at the Stealership over getting the bike in was too painfull to even go into here, suffice it to say that the very first three words out of the service writers mouth pissed me off to the max; the lying sack of ****.

As you can see, I'm less than satisfied. I've desided not to get pissed off anymore but to hire a lawyer to get pissed off for me next time it breaks. Anyone with an 06 Dyna want to join in on a class action suite against the MOCO?

Old 11-04-2007, 06:04 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: JakeSabre

What exactly is so different on the 06 Dyna from other HDs?
That was the trial year for the new six speed tranny which was only used in the Dyna line coupled with the newer 88" before they stroked it and called it a 96",and obviously they didn't get it completely figured out when they put it in every model of the big twins in the '07 model year. It appears hopefully they finally gotthe problemstaken care ofin '08.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Pixs
Tourer

The 06 Dyna engine, transmission, and frame are completely different from anything previously built by the MOCO that it should be in a different catagory than the twin cam 88.

There are too many changes in the design to go into in detail here, if you are really interested, buy two parts books, one for the 06 Dyna and one for anything else in the twin cam line and have a long look. The heads are different, internal oil lines, different bearings and on and on.

Best wishes,

Pixs

Old 11-07-2007, 10:18 PM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sammi

Mine went at 5,600 miles and was replaced free (still under warranty.)

Someone posted that the Customer Care letter was replaced with another one that recinded the replace-for-free every 15,000 miles.

I never got either one.

Curious to hear what happened to anyone that had a bearing go bad after the bike is out of the warranty period.

Sammi

I'll let you know. Mine is 2 months out of warranty. And screaming like a b!t*h.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:30 PM
dajam_fxdli
Cruiser

I must be the lucky one with the 2006 inner bearing issue. Took my to the dealer for a new rear tire and the tech heard a whirring noise.. and wallla a new inner bearing at 12500. No cost to me and it was done fast and free.... Dealer did not even flinch at repairing it.

Good luck to one and all in this issue Does any one have copies fo the two letter HD sent out? I would like to have them for future use.. Since I can not find them....

Thanks in advance

Old 05-02-2008, 05:38 AM
DOMAR
Intermediate

2006 fxdwg 11 days out of warranty 5500 miles [:'(]225.00 u s dollars to replace. bitched 2 stealer no good yet!!!

Old 05-02-2008, 08:32 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: DOMAR

2006 fxdwg 11 days out of warranty 5500 miles [:'(]225.00 u s dollars to replace. bitched 2 stealer no good yet!!!
Call the MoCo and complain in a nice tone. Do more searches on here and you will find copies of the letters from the MoCo to owners about the 15,000 mile replacement. Contact member "Dougs Dyna" he knows all the details. HD should replace it under goodwill.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:53 AM
dajam_fxdli
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI

ORIGINAL: DOMAR

Call the MoCo and complain in a nice tone. Do more searches on here and you will find copies of the letters from the MoCo to owners about the 15,000 mile replacement. Contact member "Dougs Dyna" he knows all the details. HD should replace it under goodwill.

When I called HD customer Service to make then aware of this, as I was wondering what will happened if it goes out again, they said as long as I have records it should be no problem. The dealer tht repaired mine said it should not happen again and they also told me they wouldrepair it again for free if it did.I would Cal lHD customer service and ask nicely and see if they can do something, I would also go to the general manager of your shop.

Quick Reply: Primary Bearing 06 Dyna and newer models