Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

Must read regarding ESP extended warranty clutch repair

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2022, 01:32 PM
joofer
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Must read regarding ESP extended warranty clutch repair

The General manager "Mike" has trained his entire staff to tell customers
(including me) that clutches are not covered under the ESP warranty because they are a wearable item when in fact ESP does cover the parts. I asked Michael personally if clutches were covered and he said "No, they are a wearable item and ESP wont cover the claim" I was also told the same exact thing by service tech James, as well as service manager Dave. Rather than calling the 3rd party warranty company (CNA) to ask if the clutch plates and assembly are covered, they choose to take it upon themselves to deny my claim without ever calling the actual warranty company. When I requested the phone number for the ESP warranty to ask why it's not covered, I was given the Harley davidson 1800 # !!!!! Why on earth are they handing out a phone number that will never be able to factually answer My questions? So when I called the number I was given and asked if clutches were covered under ESP, they said "NO". I then asked if they could read to me in my contract where it says that Clutches ``ARE NOT COVERED" and I was told they don't possess that information and it's done by a 3rd party to ensure honest results. How come the entire Harley davidson corperation hands out that number for ESP related issues to customers?

I demand to know why not a single person suggested that I call the warranty company directly. Not once was I told to look at my warranty contract where I would find the phone number to "CNA National warranty company" if I had any questions or concerns regarding my ESP coverage. More importantly, they should have submitted my claim or at least called and asked on my behalf if clutches were covered, rather than taking it upon themselves to play the judge, the jury and the executioner. I was flat out deliberately lied to and misled by Ventura Harley Davidson's General manager Mike. He very well knew ESP will cover clutches but for whatever reason told me it does not. The finger is not to be pointed at service Manager dave ,nor tech james. The blame rests with Mike the General manager for failing to inform all of his employees to give the 3rd party warranty number out and not Harley davidson's 1800 #. Or he should instruct his employees to tell the customers to simply check their ESP agreement contract that was given at time of sale. Let's be honest , Most (if not all) Harley Davidson employees know nothing about the details of an ESP for a particular customer's warranty. It would only make sense when asked any ESP warranty question by a customer to direct the customer to either the 3rd party Company (CNA) or direct the customer to review their contract, or even sit down with them and pull it up. This should be mandatory !!!!!! This issue is not only with Ventura Harley this is a national issue.

All Harley davidson dealerships across the USA give out the wrong Warranty number for ESP. They all also tell customers that clutches are not covered under ESP because it is a wearable item. I know this because I personally took the time and called over 80 dealerships across the USA and I can assure you that THIS IS A NATIONAL ISSUE!!!!!!! THE FACT IS ,ESP DOES COVER ALL CLUTCH COMPONENTS INCLUDING PLATES. All i had to do was find my contract, and call the number to CNA, and simply ask if they cover clutches under ESP and i was told 100% they do, and always have covered clutches. The bigger issue is all dealerships have been turning down this claim under ESP for YEARS !!!!!!!!!!! do you have any idea how many customers had to end up paying parts and labor for clutch jobs that should have been covered under warranty in the 1st place?!?!?!? an astronomical figure I would presume. This is a flat out breach of contract by telling customers clutches are not covered under ESP when they are . Harley davidon needs to refund every single biker that had to pay for a clutch job while under ESP with CNA. This needs to come to an end. For far too long Harley davidson has been ducking out on having to repair clutches under ESP....well that stops today ...

I am taking steps to pursue and file a class action lawsuit against Harley Davidson on behalf of every single customer turned away over the years in the USA, maybe even the world. I am seeking reimbursement for ESP clutch jobs that were denied under ESP. It absolutely baffles me that if any one of Harley davidsons customers in the USA calls their dealer and asks if they cover clutch plates or assembly under ESP, they will 100% be told "NO". There is something seriously wrong going on over at Harley with this ESP misguidance. I plan to put a stop to it once and for all. This may very well bankrupt Harley considering I was told they have not covered clutches in years. The fact is that Harley Davidson dealerships simply do ESP warranty repair at their own discretion. What is the point of having me sign a contract if Harley is just going to pick and choose what to honor on the ESP agreement. I can't help but feel like I uncovered a massive scam that's been taking place for years. This could all have been avoided when I asked if my clutch was covered if either (A.) someone called the warranty company with my VIN number to ask. Or (B.) Provided me with the phone number to CNA so I can call myself.

At the end of the day I was upset with the staff at Ventura Harley and decided to have it towed to Mulholland Harley Davidson 24050 Ventura Blvd, Calabasas, CA 91302 where I was also told that ESP will not cover clutches. After all the hassle and headache I ended up paying out of pocket for all labor and repairs. After the work was done, I finally dug a little more because I couldn't believe I had to pay out of pocket and I wanted to personally ask the warranty company why they don't cover clutches, and that's when I found out that they do cover it and Harley was lying.

After getting caught red handed about lying About ESP not covering Clutches, They simply apologized for the miscommunication and I was then told ESP does cover clutches and they misunderstood the situation . That is when I knew I was being taken for a massive ride.

Old 08-30-2022, 01:56 PM
Tired
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,805 Likes on 1,757 Posts

Ah, joined the forum to, "get them" huh? At least you used some paragraphs. Most don't.

The following 4 users liked this post by Tired:
ajtwin (08-30-2022), joofer (08-30-2022), rigidthumper (08-30-2022), Vec (09-05-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 02:52 PM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,791 Likes on 3,683 Posts

Well, clutches aren't covered. Did you actually read the ESP contract you signed? There are sections that outline what's covered and what isn't. Every service department on the planet knows clutches aren't covered. They would have no need to verify that.

Sounds to me like you don't know what you signed. Good luck with that.

The following 2 users liked this post by strych9:
ajtwin (08-30-2022), Vec (09-05-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 02:58 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts

You tell em Steve Dave.. I fell asleep reading that book.

The following users liked this post:
ajtwin (08-30-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 03:23 PM
joofer
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look i understand i wrote a flipping novel but you clearly did not read it . Yes it is in my contract as a covered part . The primary Drive and all internal parts are covered in the ESP warrent trough CNA. The harley factory warrenty does not cover plates. that may be where your confusion lies. also i had to replace my entire HUB and harley said that was not covered. To answer your question i even called the warrenty comapny and they confirmed what my contract said.

Goose_NC (08-30-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 03:30 PM
Goose_NC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,735 Likes on 2,227 Posts

Originally Posted by joofer
look i understand i wrote a flipping novel but you clearly did not read it . Yes it is in my contract as a covered part . The primary Drive and all internal parts are covered in the ESP warrent trough CNA. The harley factory warrenty does not cover plates. that may be where your confusion lies. also i had to replace my entire HUB and harley said that was not covered. To answer your question i even called the warrenty comapny and they confirmed what my contract said.
Most do not do as you suggest, and go by what they are told on the phone. Most do not realize that too many times a phone clerk is repeating what the computer tells them to state, based on what they typed in for the search criteria.

Old 08-30-2022, 04:04 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 30,711 Likes on 11,557 Posts

Zzzzzzz…. Yup…damn I’m mad…gonna sue em. Lets us know how that works for ya.

OH YEAH…and I’ll repeat…ESPs are for the math impaired.

strych9 (08-30-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 04:06 PM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,791 Likes on 3,683 Posts

Originally Posted by joofer
Please post up the part of your contract that states what clutch parts are covered. I need an education. Thanks.

luckiestiff (08-30-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 04:12 PM
luckiestiff
Road Master
Received 679 Likes on 315 Posts
Old 08-30-2022, 05:21 PM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,379 Likes on 4,994 Posts

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quick Reply: Must read regarding ESP extended warranty clutch repair