Powdercoat & Paint A place to discuss everything about powder coat and paint for your Harley.

any pin stripers on board here?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 09:21 AM
kingomtn
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any pin stripers on board here?

mrs. claus bought me a set of pin striping brushes (mack blue wrap o, oo and ooo) and left the rest to me. I have a steady hand,have done signs, custom airbrush and a little pin striping in the past, mainly outlining flame jobs and embellishing signs.
To shorten the get-back-into-it curve I'm curious about paints and hardeners, brush trimming and care, and surface prep of existing painted cars.
I previously used 1-shot paint and no hardener as the work was done on cars and race cars while in the shop. I used to trim the end of the brush to get rid on uneven ends (to get neat starts of lines), and brush prep I used to trim the wood stub back closer to the wrapped ferrule (angled toward the brushes, clean in thinner and used neatsfoot or ball glove oil for keeping the brushes soft.
as my striping was pre clear coat I'm not sure of proper prep of existing bc/cc paint prior to striping. I also am curious about what to use for layout lines to be compatible with new paints.
I've got my sheet of glass ready for practice and need a little info before buying paints and supplies.
Lastly are there any decent forms online for sign painters or pinstripers?