Powdercoat & Paint A place to discuss everything about powder coat and paint for your Harley.

finally PC'd my bike.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 08:53 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
looks good!
Thanks Joe, coming from someone like you that puts out the caliber of work you do that is a real compliment.

Let me add that this is just something that I wanted to do for myself, I am in no way wanting to do this for money, this was a little project I wanted to take on because I am a do-it-yourselfer and have more projects in the works. Powder coating is a pain in the ***, there is so much more ot it than just dumping some powder on a part and baking it. I have spent 3 times more money to do it myself than I would have if I just sent my parts out to a real professional like Joe at Powder Pro. If you want good quality work, contact him, not me. I have had a few PM's from this thread and PC'ing for money is not my thing. I'd much rather spend my time in the dyno room or in the shop building motors. I'm very particular and I have to admit that I will more than likely tear my bike down this winter and re-do some of the parts that I am not happy with. I was fighting humidity when I did this project and there are some flaws that I am not happy about. Again, if you want powder coating work, contack Joe, I have seen his work and have followed him on here and will say that his work is top notch and his customer service can't be beat.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Burch753
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
It's been in the works for a long time, but I must admit, after tuning your bike and seeing it all black out and looking bitchin', you sped me up a bit. My original plan was to do it this winter during the "off" season. How's the bike running, by the way?
I love your choice of the "what color where" decisions, most people dont realize that is more important than the color itself!

well, the bike runs like ****.... I cant keep the front end down unless the rear wheel is spinning sent you a PM.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:20 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Burch753
I love your choice of the "what color where" decisions, most people dont realize that is more important than the color itself!

well, the bike runs like ****.... I cant keep the front end down unless the rear wheel is spinning sent you a PM.
Bring it back, we can de-tune it. ha. PM replied too.