Powdercoat & Paint A place to discuss everything about powder coat and paint for your Harley.

Trying to get my Thunderheader coated gloss black.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Strat HD
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trying to get my Thunderheader coated gloss black.

I just did a search here, punched in "ceramic" went through six pages and did not find anything on gloss black headers. I have been researching this on the net for a few days and have called quite a few coaters. Some tell me they discontinued black gloss cause of inconsistant results. Some say they can do it no problem. Some say the gloss will fade to flat eventually.

I have searched for black chrome also with not much luck. I remember Browns plating was doing black chrome in the early 80's for a while but they discontinued it due to inconsistant results. Theres some places doing the gloss now but it looks more grey than it does black.

The powdercoating I have on my bike is gloss and I thought it would be cool to have the Thunderheader done in gloss too.

Honda was doing black chrome exhaust on their bikes in the 80's. It's hard to believe I'm having such a tough time with this. This is my last attempt at gloss research. I might have to settle for semi gloss LOL.