Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,072 Likes on 2,507 Posts

School is IN.

Old 10-21-2021, 01:31 PM
JatoTheRipper
Tourer
Received 190 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
I did read the article. The dealer built the bike, not Harley.. Nice try.
OK you read the article, but you don't understand the definition of the word "commissioned". Let me help you: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/commissioned

Even the very first post of this thread clearly states "This Pan America has been outfitted for duty by a Harley dealer."

Had the content editor bothered to contact Laidlaw for their input he would have seen the build was entirely theirs

The subtitle of the Cycle World article that you claimed to have read also clearly states "This dealer concept from Laidlaw H-D debuted at a California motor police event." What are you not understanding?

Old 10-21-2021, 01:35 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
OK you read the article, but you don't understand the definition of the word "commissioned". Let me help you: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/commissioned

Even the very first post of this thread clearly states "This Pan America has been outfitted for duty by a Harley dealer."

The subtitle of the Cycle World article that you claimed to have read also clearly states "This dealer concept from Laidlaw H-D debuted at a California motor police event." What are you not understanding?
So, if I commission an artist to paint your portrait can I claim it to be my work? If someone asks you to build something can they claim it is their work?

The following users liked this post:
Campy Roadie (10-21-2021)
Old 10-21-2021, 01:39 PM
JatoTheRipper
Tourer

So, if I commission an artist to paint your portrait can I claim it to be my work? If someone asks you to build something can they claim it is their work?
I can lead you to water, but I can't prevent you from drowning while you drink.

I don't see this forum nor Cycle World claiming that Harley built the bike.

Old 10-21-2021, 01:40 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Read what I quoted and tell me where any of that has anything to do with Harley Motor Company.

Campy Roadie (10-21-2021)
Old 10-21-2021, 01:43 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

I can lead you to water, but I can't prevent you from drowning while you drink.

I don't see this forum nor Cycle World claiming that Harley built the bike.
HARLEY did not debut this bike....it was debuted by Laidlaw Harley Davidson, the dealer who built it.

The following 2 users liked this post by OKMICK:
Campy Roadie (10-21-2021), fwg1961 (10-24-2021)
Old 10-21-2021, 02:17 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 10,342 Likes on 5,487 Posts

Also why would LE need it ? They are unlikely to be chasing anyone down with. How many LE in CA still use HD ?

Old 10-21-2021, 02:27 PM
JatoTheRipper
Tourer

HARLEY did not debut this bike....it was debuted by Laidlaw Harley Davidson, the dealer who built it.
Wow!

Originally Posted by smitty901
Also why would LE need it ? They are unlikely to be chasing anyone down with. How many LE in CA still use HD ?
There are still police departments that chase criminals, thankfully. And there are still plenty that use Harleys. California makes up its own, odd rules, but obviously this bike isn't just aimed at CA police.

Old 10-22-2021, 06:36 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,988 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
Not CA but we have plenty of Police departments and State Police using Harley Davidson.

Wow!

There are still police departments that chase criminals, thankfully. And there are still plenty that use Harleys. California makes up its own, odd rules, but obviously this bike isn't just aimed at CA police.
One of our local police departments is actively looking at the Pan America for police use. Lighter, more nimble and quicker.

JatoTheRipper (10-22-2021)
Old 10-22-2021, 08:16 AM
nightsterept
Road Captain
Received 342 Likes on 189 Posts

Several of the local PDs down in the Raleigh NC Triangle area have fairly large motorcycle units and I regularly see them out on patrol. As of right now they all use BMW Adv bikes, with HDs only used for parades, motorcades, special events, etc. I’m sure if HD actually came out with a Police spec’d PA, police departments would consider them as their fleet choice. (All police cruisers are always US based manufacturers and I would assume the Moto patrols would do the same, if HD actually made them available)

The following 2 users liked this post by nightsterept:
deadeye (10-22-2021), JatoTheRipper (10-22-2021)

Quick Reply: Harley Debuts Police Version Of Its Pan America Tourer