Pan America Pan America Forum Only

The Pan America Owner's thread...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 06:37 AM
Mrogers19
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NODYNA
While I'm not thrilled that my preorder is not scheduled to ship till 6/14 at least I now have a date. With the chip shortage and the unplanned factory covid shut down I think they are trying. My dealer manger said he had a 45 minute conversation with the H-D area manager on the PAs. Now that most dealer have at least one PA they are focusing on filling the preorders. If a dealer sells a PA they won't get a replacement till all preorders are filled. Then it's sell one get one with in 30 days but that will be 4th qtr 2021 or early 2022 due to the preorder backlog. So we are finally getting priority.

That's interesting. Any idea how many preordered bikes they are backlogged? Was curious how many of these they are making in the first year

Old 06-02-2021, 07:51 AM
flyburch
Road Master
Received 75 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrogers19
That's interesting. Any idea how many preordered bikes they are backlogged? Was curious how many of these they are making in the first year
I heard from my dealer about 350-400 backlogged .. But they have been wrong on everything so far.

Old 06-02-2021, 10:13 AM
3dognate
Tourer
Received 341 Likes on 184 Posts

Yeah, I've complained a little on Facebook about the Nav issues. I called H-D Customer Care and logged a ticket with them and have mentioned it to my dealer for review when I take it into them for my 1k service in a couple of weeks.

The phone guy was encouraging in that he wanted extensive detail on the problem so that he could record it for the team that works on the infotainment system for the PA.

So, I'd also encourage everyone experiencing problems with the App+Infotainment system to log a ticket. I also work as a customer experience designer for a non-related industry. They can't fix anything that they don't know there's a problem with as dev testing only turns up so much. Real world problems / experience turns up the real issues.
From H-D:
"When you have a moment please give our Customer Care Team a call so we can learn more about your experience. They can be reached at 1-800-258-2464 (Monday through Friday; 8am-7pm CDT)."

The following 2 users liked this post by 3dognate:
Jed Clampett (06-02-2021), MCGMB (06-13-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 12:02 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Got the call today that my bike's in. I ordered a pile of accessories with it, and have a question for those who already have the bike.

I'm mechanically adept. I have tools and a motorcycle lift in my garage. Are there any accessories that I should have the dealer install, or is everything simple enough to do at home?

Thanks in advance.

The following 2 users liked this post by '05Train:
3dognate (06-02-2021), dceggert (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 12:40 PM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,718 Likes on 890 Posts
The following users liked this post:
3dognate (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 01:05 PM
Jed Clampett
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,206 Likes on 942 Posts

Originally Posted by '05Train
Got the call today that my bike's in. I ordered a pile of accessories with it, and have a question for those who already have the bike.

I'm mechanically adept. I have tools and a motorcycle lift in my garage. Are there any accessories that I should have the dealer install, or is everything simple enough to do at home?

Thanks in advance.
I thought the rear rack was a pain. You have to take off all the rear plastic and drill some holes. Everything else a breeze. Congrats on the new bike, hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

'05Train (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 01:14 PM
dceggert
Road Master
Received 510 Likes on 268 Posts

Thanks in advance.
No advanced warning? It just showed up? Glad it finally made it!

I got the call last week that my order was finally accepted by H-D. No scheduled build date, no delivery date, and no VIN. The manager estimated it would be 4 to 6 weeks out putting it at the end of June or the beginning of July for delivery.

Old 06-02-2021, 01:22 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by dceggert
No advanced warning? It just showed up? Glad it finally made it!

I got the call last week that my order was finally accepted by H-D. No scheduled build date, no delivery date, and no VIN. The manager estimated it would be 4 to 6 weeks out putting it at the end of June or the beginning of July for delivery.
Yep, no warning at all. Sounds like all the P&A stuff is there too. I'm going to try to swing by on the way home from work tonight to see it. I can't believe you still don't have yours.

Jed - I'd heard the top case rack was a PITA. We shall see.

Last edited by '05Train; 06-02-2021 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-02-2021, 01:42 PM
Jed Clampett
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,206 Likes on 942 Posts

Yep, no warning at all. Sounds like all the P&A stuff is there too. I'm going to try to swing by on the way home from work tonight to see it. I can't believe you still don't have yours.

Jed - I'd heard the top case rack was a PITA. We shall see.
Well for me it was, I didn't put it on until after I had my bag racks on, so it was a double pain having to take them off again. Took me about an hour to get the rack installed. I like doing things to the bike, the rack was just one of those things I'm glad it's done and don't have to mess with it again. Still waiting on the big rack I fabbed up that attaches to the topcase rack, to get back from the powdercoater.

'05Train (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 01:46 PM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

Received 491 Likes on 312 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Funny you should post this...

So all my stuff was on the bike when I bought it but it did have the 11" windshield. I changed that out last night and it had me baffled...

It's 4 screws so I thought how hard can that be? The instructions specifically say to use the new grommets on the pin (the piece that holds the frame to the mount, held in by an eclip). I'll be damned if I could get those grommets to fit. Hell it took everything to get them on the pin and no way they were fitting in the bracket once on the pin. I figure I'll go by the dealer after work and see what they say. The grommet in the kit was shorter and fatter than the one on the 11" shield.

The following 2 users liked this post by Bunker:
'05Train (06-02-2021), Loungagna (04-24-2022)

Quick Reply: The Pan America Owner's thread...