Pan America Pan America Forum Only

The Pan America Owner's thread...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 11:05 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

Received 491 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan D.
My buddy had those pivot pegs and took them off the next day. Said they were junk.

I'm sure some people love them though.
I'm going to order some when/if they release, 91 reviews on ZLA and 50/50 between 4 and 5 stars

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...k-3-pivot-pegs

The following users liked this post:
'05Train (06-17-2021)
Old 06-17-2021, 11:11 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

2 seconds after I posted that, I got a message from them

Thanks for your message.
We have received quite a few inquiries for Pivot Pegz to suit the Pan America and I'm happy to say they are under development. We don't list the Pan America Pivot Pegz on our website yet but our Production Manager said that we can build a custom set of Pivot Pegz for your bike in around 4 weeks time as we are currently in the final stages of finalizing the fitment design for the new HD Pan America and should be ready for release in about 4 weeks.
The Pan America won't be listed on our website for around 6-8 weeks but you can order them via a Custom Order and we can ship them to you earlier before they get listed on our website.
We don't change anything for the custom order, you only pay the standard price as listed on our website on the link below but it means you will get onto the early pre-order list and get the Pivot Pegz before they are listed on the website.
If you would like to order a Custom Set of Pivot Pegz for your bike you can click the link below to place your order and as soon as they are ready we will ship them to you. (around 4 weeks time)
Here is the link: https://pivotpegz.com/products/custo...f-pivot-pegz-1
When you place your order please write the Make, Model & Year of your bike in the Notes section at the bottom of Cart section on our website.
Once we ship your Pivot Pegz and we’ll send you the UPS tracking number.
You can place your order now or you can wait a few weeks, its totally up to you.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
​​​​​​​I ordered a set

The following 2 users liked this post by Bunker:
'05Train (06-17-2021), 3dognate (06-17-2021)
Old 06-17-2021, 11:19 AM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,718 Likes on 890 Posts

Sounds good, hope you enjoy them. I never tried them, was just sharing feedback I received from a friend who rides a lot.

This guy goes through bikes and accessories like I go through toilet paper though, so there's that I suppose.

I currently run Black Dog pegs and love them... But may try the Raptor Titanium pegs at some point, or on my next bike.

My primary goal is something that won't allow my boot to ever slip, and that pivot thing would concern me. I can see the value in them for touring though.

It's good to see aftermarket vendors working on the PA parts, I can assure you they're typically better in every way than what you'll see offered by the bike manufactures.

Bunker (06-17-2021)
Old 06-17-2021, 11:27 AM
BaileyTim
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I get mine in a few days. What does inside out do for you ? My deal is I spent the last 10 years riding Harleys with a rider back rest, made all the difference in the world to my back on rides more than a couple of hours long.
All day trips with buddies on sport bikes, we would all climb off at the end of the day at a motel and I was the only one not creaking and growing. Tells you how old all of my group is.
So the seating position on the Pan America is new to me, I am hoping the more straightened up I can get will keep my back and shoulders happy . That was what really attracted me to the Rox Risers, how they can quickly be adjusted.
I do not see myself standing up on the pegs on dirt tracks very much, most likely on my butt on gravel roads at a stately speed is more me.

Old 06-17-2021, 11:35 AM
BaileyTim
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, how to I adjust my shift lever ? I wear a size 10 Forma boot and if I can get a little more room for up shifts that will help

Old 06-17-2021, 11:44 AM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by BaileyTim
Okay, how to I adjust my shift lever ? I wear a size 10 Forma boot and if I can get a little more room for up shifts that will help
There's an adjuster rod under the shifter, loosen the nut and turn in or out to move the shifter up or down. If you need more adjustment, you can take the shifter off the shaft and rotate clockwise or counter clockwise to it you. fine tune with the adjuster rod.

Old 06-17-2021, 11:50 AM
Jed Clampett
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,206 Likes on 942 Posts

I get mine in a few days. What does inside out do for you ?
Purely aesthetics. Will cover the bars in same location as stock risers so there won't be any scuffs as you see in the pics. However......I may not put them on because the stock seat has a slight slope from rear to front. I don't know if I'd be as comfortable sitting further upright, due to a 30 year old back injury. Like I said, I'm getting used to the slight lean forward with the bars where they are.

Last edited by Jed Clampett; 06-17-2021 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:56 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Bunker
2 seconds after I posted that, I got a message from them

I ordered a set
They're great. Larger surface area to keep your boot locked in and comfortable, the pivot makes it easy to shift. Takes a little getting used to when you stand, but that's about a 10-minute learning curve.

I rode various bikes nearly 100,000 miles with them, both on and off road, and swear by them.

Jed Clampett (06-17-2021)
Old 06-17-2021, 05:44 PM
hdxbones
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by '05Train
This is where the Pivot Pegz shine.
My Klim boots have great arch support, those pegs look nice, but I don't really need a wider peg, I would just like to have a little bit longer peg

Old 06-18-2021, 07:41 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,988 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Anyone try the 80 grit rider pegs yet ? I am looking at those to give me a little more foot support on long rides. That said, I ride with heavy off road dirt style motorcycle boots. Switched to those after I went down on a Road Glide riding engineer style boots and broke up my left foot pretty good.
Because these boots are industrial strength and large, there is not allot of room to get my toe under the Pan Am shift lever to up shift.
I am worried that the 80 grit pegs being wider, might make the space between the shift peg and the foot rest even smaller. None at the local Dealer to take a look at and the photos I have seen only show them out of the box on display, none mounted on a bike.
Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
The bike I rode had the 80 grit rider pegs, liked them better than stock. Had the 80 grit shift peg too. I had no issue but my boot is fairly thin.

I will check this afternoon if they still have a stock bike if it changes the space between peg and shifter.
With the 80 grit foot peg and 80 grit shifter peg you loos 3/4 inch between the two compared to stock.

Quick Reply: The Pan America Owner's thread...