Oahu - Ride Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 12:38 AM
Boxer 6
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oahu - Ride Suggestions?

Hi! -

I'm in Oahu on vacation this week and renting a Ultra on Tuesday August 19th from Cycle City and looking for a good day ride. I would really appreciate any suggestions from you guys! Thanks in advance!!

Old 08-17-2014, 02:27 AM
Nickatnyt
Road Warrior
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts

Ride anywhere but Honolulu and the northwest side of the island near the 'sketchy' part of the island (aka Waianae), except there is one awesome beach up that way. I would ride up the middle of the island and then the north side and east side. Two days max or knock it all out in 1 day.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:26 AM
Nightcruiser
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What Nickatnyt said was good. You can go Waianae but it does not connect to go around the island. So since you're starting from the middle of the island (Cycle City) you want to go west on H1 freeway until you hit H2 freeway, which will take you up thru the middle of the island. Exit at Wahiawa, a small town, keep going straight thru to Kamehameha Highway, which will take you on a long downhill ride thru the pineapple fields.

There will be an exit at the bottom, take that to go explore Haleiwa town. Beaches, food, etc. and there is an exit to join the main highway at the end of the town. So get back on Kamehameha Highway. There will be a few beaches on the way, all on your left side, so don't ride too fast. If you stay on this highway it will pretty much take you all the way to the north and east part of the island, back thru to Honolulu.

Or you can save the east part of the ride for the next day by taking the H3 freeway back thru the mountain and end up back in the pearl harbor area, which is near cycle city. That's a scenic ride back. Probably best to get one of those maps at the hotel and just take the time to follow those at every rest stop. I have a video called north shore motorcycle ride in the forums maybe you can see that for an idea. Have a good trip!