Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

accident near The Rock Store on 3/25

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 03:01 AM
marcss
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accident near The Rock Store on 3/25

Here is the link to the orginal post regarding a nasty head on collision between a ferrari and a motorcycle on Mulholland Hwy: https://www.hdforums.com/m_1424387/tm.htm

Actually there were 2 cars and 2 bikes involved. Just wondered if anyone local knows anymore about what happened to the badly injured biker. Judging by the pictures, not likely he made it. Really sad. I think I'll try calling CHP or the Firedepartment. I hope they lock up the guy in the mustang and throw away the key!

Old 04-03-2007, 10:15 AM
NW FXSTS
Road Captain
Default RE: accident near The Rock Store on 3/25

Who's to say it was the Mustang? It looks reaaly bad though and yes I agree, someone should pay! However, not in the liberal state of California and the 9th Circuit Court.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Stelis
Cruiser

Looks like it was the Ferrari, not the Mustang. And you can't really tell if the Ferrari was in the wrong lane, or if the bikes were in the wrong lane. There's always people crossing over the double-yellow line trying to pass slower vehicles.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:24 PM
brokenfingers
Advanced

Judging by the lone skid mark in the motorcycle's lane, the two cars that are enormously fast, I'd lay you odds the Cobra Mustang and the Farrari were street racing, specially judging by the location of the two cars stopping in the wrong lane and side by side. The bike rider looked like he got a good second to a second and a half notice to lay a skid mark that long... but from the pics, the steep embankments on either side of the road and the lack of a shoulder... there was nowhere to go... the bike riding second probably tried to swerve... the mustang driver seeing the second biker swerved and hit the farrari wich was in the oncoming lane... guy on the second bike just layed the bike down. sucks, if its found they were street racing... both guys driving the cages should get charged with manslaughter.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:48 AM
roadhawgray
Advanced

it always hurts to hear when we lose a biker brother. especially due to the negligance of some dumb asses trying to show off. my prayers are with there family and friends.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:18 AM
marcss
Road Captain

I heard that the Mustang driver was arrested. He apparently was chasing down the Ferrari and caused the crash. People tell me "oh, you ride a motorcycle, that's so dangerous!" Motorcycles aren't dangerous, it's mostly the careless, reckless, inattentive four wheel vehicle drivers that are dangerous.