Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Where to ride in Seattle area...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005 | 08:45 PM
Mykdiver
Novice
Default RE: Where to ride in Seattle area...

That is some good info. I have lived here for a long time. There are alot of great places to ride in the NW. I don't have a bike yet, but as you will see in my sig I am looking at getting a Harley. I am thinking Sportster because it is more in my price range.

Old 10-11-2005 | 08:46 PM
Stevenml155
|
Tourer

Hey all --

I made it over! It was a great ride from Tri Cities to Kirkland -- took the long way and enjoyed every minute of it. Man it is some beautiful riding over here -- cut out of work early this afternoon to go for a ride and I swear when the sun is out this is the nicest place to ride! I was gonna head over to Eastside HD and see about their HOG group for some rides when I feel like heading out in a group. I am loving my 06 Softail Heritage Classic -- this bike rocks! I had a Dyna before and just two different animals, each has it's own bene's, but I really dig the Heritage for longer rides and general cruising.

Old 10-13-2005 | 04:37 PM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member

I live along hwy 2 near monroe and ride to work in woodinville. that ride through duvall and onto north bend is nice, but there's always lots of traffic there. I like the leavenworth run, it's only about and hour and 10 minutes from my house....glad you made it over man. I've been thinkin of goin to the eastside hog too, but I just haven't gotten around to it. cycle barn in lynwood and eastside are both the same distance for me, both have steep prices..but I've had better luck with the service dept. at eastside.

Old 10-14-2005 | 02:37 AM
Ezglide
Advanced

I was wondering when you would get over here, I guess by now you also found the rain and clouds to. Enjoy! )

Old 11-02-2005 | 09:49 PM
Stevenml155
|
Tourer

Hey again --

I cked out the Eastside HOG meeting the last week of October, a good bunch of people I tell ya! I was made to feel very welcome and so I signed up for their HOG group. They have rides on Saturday and Sunday am's meeting at the dealership around 8:30/9:00'ish. Eastside HD seems to be working very hard to make the HOG group and the dealership a bit more harmonious than in the past, so that's a good thing. Hit a quick 60 mile ride today on hwy 202 to North Bend and back, nice ride for a quick getaway!

Talk to you all soon and maybe see you out there..

Old 11-03-2005 | 12:02 AM
Ezglide
Advanced

Glad to hear things are workin out for ya, riding in a group does afford lots of opprotunity to learn the area!

Old 12-11-2005 | 02:00 AM
Dsrt
Intermediate

Just to add a little bit. If anyone's looking for a good day ride during late spring, summer, early fall...take hwy 7 out of Tacoma heading towards Mt. Rainier. When you go through Elbe, start looking for Skate Creek Rd on your right...nice twisties, pavements not too great, lot's of patches...but did I already say, lot's of twisties?

Anyways, I digress. Once you reach the end of Skate Creek, turn left (east) onto Hwy 12, continue east until you see the sign for Cayuse Pass (Hwy 123) which will be on your left. Continue on 123, when you get to the stop sign, take a left on Hwy 410 which will take you back into Puyallup. Don't forget to stop in at Greenwater for gas, you'll probably need some by then.

Old 12-11-2005 | 04:44 AM
Ezglide
Advanced

I covered most all of that loop this past year at one time or another, yep Skate creek is kinda chewed, so is 410 for that matter I used to love 410 about 10 years ago, but the constant jaring of the back keeps me over on 12 whenever possible. )

Old 03-19-2006 | 03:41 AM
f6wg20
Stage III

If your looking for a good summer ride, Mt. Rainer, Mt. ST Helens, or Winthrop. Short rides, Vashon Island, Port Townsend, and a local favorite is Flamin Gyeser State Park just pass Auburn, on Highway 18.

Old 11-06-2006 | 03:08 PM
NW FXSTS
Road Captain

Hwy 9 to Scooters Stuff was mentioned but Chukanut was not... Very cool ride!!! While your out that way, stop at Valley Cafe for a great meal!!! Also Deception Pass, Mt Baker, and Lummi loop... I would also suggest looking at the websites for the local hog chapters, they usually mention rides they take.

Quick Reply: Where to ride in Seattle area...