Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Where to ride in Seattle area...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005 | 01:09 AM
Ezglide
Advanced
Default RE: Where to ride in Seattle area...

Damn! put me to shame will ya <GRIN> since 2000 I have put on about 46,000. miles, 5200 on my new Ultra purchased in January, Its been a....well lets say I work 8 miles from home now ang I guess I just don't get to do over nighters as much as I used too.

ORIGINAL: Y2K

Looks like a rough bunch there I'm another Eglider with 101,000 miles on my second Eglide a 2000 Classic.
Had an '89 Ultra before the Classic as well as an '84 FXRS and a '75 XLCH [8D]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2665/885E2442224246458210ED08B05757A2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-23-2005 | 02:13 AM
Y2K
Grand HDF Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: Ezglide

Damn! put me to shame will ya <GRIN>

Nah, not really, I ride a bit more than most guys,but some ride a lot more.
There's a guy over at Delphi Forums "Electraglide Garage" that has 151,000 miles on an '03 Ultra.

Old 09-25-2005 | 12:31 AM
Ezglide
Advanced

Are you Y2K over there (Delphi) as well?

Old 09-25-2005 | 03:46 AM
Y2K
Grand HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Ezglide

Are you Y2K over there (Delphi) as well?
Yup and Cruisebikes.net,V2-forums and XLforums too[8D]

Old 09-25-2005 | 11:48 PM
Ezglide
Advanced

You get around just a bit do ya?!!! <G> I think I'll have to check out others....... )

Old 09-27-2005 | 12:52 AM
Y2K
Grand HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Ezglide

You get around just a bit do ya?!!! <G> I think I'll have to check out others....... )
I surf around a bit here's a link to a bunch of roadtrip pics I posted at V2.
You may have to register there , not sure but it's free.

http://v2-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305

Old 09-27-2005 | 05:19 PM
00glider
Cruiser

Don't forget about the Olympic Penninsula or the San Juan islands. I'm not sure about other parts of the country, but the Washington State Ferry system allows bikes to go to the front of the boarding lines, load first, and that means leave first ahead of the pack of RVs, trailers and cars as well. Most of all, it means NO WAITING IN LINES, and has made the difference between going or not for me. Literally, you can save .5-3 hours each way at any dock. If the boat you are trying to catch is still unloading its outbound vehicles, you are on that boat my friend!

Another benefit is that as all the riders are on the front of the boat together, it tends to make for checking out each other's rides, talking, asking where they are going, etc. Metric, Harleys, they all talk about their rides and trips. I've met some amazing people on a ferry. Given the ferry trips are anywhere from half an hour to an hour and a half, this really breaks up a trip nicely, and saves you a bunch of time travelling through heavy and dangerous traffic in the metro cities.

Look into Seattle-Bremerton, Edmonds-Kingston, Mukiltio-Clinton, or Anacortes to any or all the San Juans or Victoria, BC.

Middle priced ($160) Harley rain gear with reflective logo on the back for me! Hate to put it on, but it works well for extended riding, and it won't fall apart or burn unless you're careless. You will need it, or be glad you had it with you, so you don't chicken out on a ride just because it was a little cool and grey topside. Not only helps stay dri(er), but breaks wind and traps heat well when it's below 60. Weather reporters here can't get it right no matter how hard they try. Way too many days they predict rain that just doesn't happen, or it is so light or patchy it shouldn't stop you.

Ride safe and enjoy the western side. Green is beautiful.

Old 10-02-2005 | 02:32 AM
Ezglide
Advanced

Thanks for the link to the V2 forum, I just checked out all the pic's you posted, looks like I have some places to learn about! would love some loop informationfor some Wa to Or and back runs, e-mail works fine or posting too
ezglide @gmail.com or yzbound@hotmail.com

I'll be checking that forum out a bit more and possibly sign up.

Old 10-04-2005 | 03:28 AM
Y2K
Grand HDF Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: Ezglide would love some loop informationfor some Wa to Or and back runs

I'd be happy to route you some loops for any lenght ride you'd like.
Let me know how much time you have to burn and how many hours a day you want to ride and I can suggest lots of different routes.
Very few roads in Oregon I haven't been down on a bike,pretty much covered the whole state including all the backroads and even many of the dirt ones lol.Not too many places in Washington I haven't been either.Same goes for Idaho
I've also covered the lions share of California North of LA and most of Montana ,Wyoming,Neveda and Utah as well.
I've ridden in 20 different states so far and covered quite a bit if ground in some of the ones not listed yet like Colorado and Arizona.
The only down side to all the places I've ridden to is that it's getting hard to take a ride and see some new country lol.
I need more vacation time heh heh.
Y2K........... Fasthogy2k@centurytel.net

[IMG]local://upfiles/2665/5BCF05FF8D974615BB8B34AABFFDA50A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-07-2005 | 12:13 AM
Stevenml155
|
Tourer

thanks for the info -- sounds like a good way to ck out areas outside of the city -- i did pick up the HD rain gear, so far haven't used it, but I'm glad I have it.

Quick Reply: Where to ride in Seattle area...