Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

california here I come

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013 | 03:34 PM
WVleo
|
Road Master
Default california here I come

well looks like I'm heading out to California sometime between June 1st and July 18th. date not set in stone just the move is at present. San Jose exactly and I was wondering trailer the 06 1200C out there as I do have a trailer and am driving out anyway or sell here in Ny ( Its spring here so now is the time to sell it ) and buy another one out there upon arrival ? Already looked into costs and not that much difference ! The riding out there must be great tho I don't recall seeing a lot of bikes . won't be the main breadwinner but still will need to get some type of menial job which seem to be plentiful in the area in My paygrade ( $ 12-16 p/h ) as I have been told it will go into a vacation fund ! Any heads ups will be appreciated ! Not some young kid here tho as in final months of the double nickel year, but the woman says get Your *** out here so out here I will come ! WV, er NY Leo

Old 04-21-2013 | 03:43 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

Really depends on how much you like your current bike or if your ready for a change. If you really like it, bring it. If your ready for a change it would be kinda dumb to drag it along

Old 04-22-2013 | 09:32 PM
Notorious688
Road Master

If you come out during the summer, it will be prime season for sales, but you will also be up against heavy competition since we just have that much more volume of bikes for sale.

Why you selling? Tired of the current bike?

Old 04-22-2013 | 09:39 PM
Red Zeppelin
Tourer

Just get it out here. Weathers nice. Your gonna love the riding it CA. Especially Hwy 1 along the coast.

Old 04-23-2013 | 09:13 PM
WVleo
|
Road Master
Default california riding

Just did Highway one I think in the woman's audi as she took Me down to Moro Bay. Made stops in Carmel, Hearst castle, Monterey Pebble beach, santa cruz . Enjoyed the hell out of it. Yes the current ride will work, just wasn't sure about trailering it out but hey why not ! .......WVleo

Old 04-23-2013 | 09:39 PM
Red Zeppelin
Tourer

That's a great area. Get a chance go north of SF on 1. Outstanding riding, scenery and small coastal towns to stay & explore. Hwy 1 is the new route 66.

Old 04-24-2013 | 10:43 AM
Notorious688
Road Master

You can always just ship it out here for 7 bills and save yourself the trouble if it's an issue.

Old 04-25-2013 | 07:45 PM
WVleo
|
Road Master

Hel I will only cost Me $700 to tow it out there Myself and also add some of my other possesions along on the trailer , tool box and gun safe and such ! Already have the trailer and I need to drive My Trail Blazer out anyway .....wvleo

Old 04-25-2013 | 07:53 PM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by WVleo
well looks like I'm heading out to California sometime between June 1st and July 18th. date not set in stone just the move is at present. San Jose exactly and I was wondering trailer the 06 1200C out there as I do have a trailer and am driving out anyway or sell here in Ny ( Its spring here so now is the time to sell it ) and buy another one out there upon arrival ? Already looked into costs and not that much difference ! The riding out there must be great tho I don't recall seeing a lot of bikes . won't be the main breadwinner but still will need to get some type of menial job which seem to be plentiful in the area in My paygrade ( $ 12-16 p/h ) as I have been told it will go into a vacation fund ! Any heads ups will be appreciated ! Not some young kid here tho as in final months of the double nickel year, but the woman says get Your *** out here so out here I will come ! WV, er NY Leo
California bikes will have emission's that really suck! Keep your current bike!

Old 04-25-2013 | 09:07 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member

Welcome!

You'll need a helmet and you'll enjoy being able to cut lanes. Temperature swings can be huge though. 90s in the East Bay, 80s in the South Bay and 50s on the coast on the same day.

Be sure to get the "Thunder Press" newspaper and stop in at Just Leathers, an icon out here.

Also Alices up at Skyline (35) Blvd. and 84 in Woodside on weekends to see al kinds of bikes. Also the Arlen Ness shop in Dublin is cool.

Don't limit yourself on income potential - travel to Tahoe, Vegas, SoCal, etc is easy and figure decent hotels in decent areas start at $100+ per night.

Originally Posted by heritageblue2013
California bikes will have emission's that really suck! Keep your current bike!
Yeah, like we all keep them stock out here.

Quick Reply: california here I come