Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Oregon had a GOOOOOOOOOD day today

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007 | 01:58 AM
Nightrider2
|
Road Warrior
Default Oregon had a GOOOOOOOOOD day today

Man!! was it ever nice in the Willamette Valley today!guess there was a little fog earlier, but, after it burned off what GREAT riding weather. Met a lot of people on bikes today and in the local indy shop as well. Really got me pumped, took the Heritage out for a while and really enjoyed itBad news, it's clouded up now and supposed to rain the rest of the month, with, a few sun breaks, springs a comin!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2007 | 07:53 AM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Oregon had a GOOOOOOOOOD day today

You ain't kiddin' man. Excellent day. Rode for quite a while today and felt like I was waving about every 15 seconds. Lots of bikes out. Where were you riding today? Me, around Springfield and out the McKenzie river for a bit.

Old 02-20-2007 | 04:19 PM
schoney
Tourer

Ya'll need to move east of the cascades, over here we see sunshine and sunshine and sunshine. It may be a bit colder, but an extra shirt and an exra coat and an extra coat and youll be able to stand the little colder weather. like you I'm impatient for the good weather. Used to live in the Valley and envy all the beautiful riding and green you get there. But love the peace and quiet here, I guess we can't have it all.

Old 02-21-2007 | 06:54 AM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member

My Bro lives east of the Cascades. Pendleton to be exact. He's waiting for the weather to change as well. You are right though. It might be colder there, but it's dryer. With my bones, I'll need more than 1 extra shirt.

Old 03-21-2007 | 06:26 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

Had a good day on 3-18 as well, 150 bikers all met up at Castle Rock, Washington and road up to St. Helens, 8 of us came up from Salem, OR.

Old 03-21-2007 | 02:07 PM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior

I was planning on going up to coos bay this year for the lighthouse run but it looks like none this year anybody know of a run about the same distance mid summer (may/sept) up in ore. I was born and raised in the coos bay area last lived in springfield so I do know most of the state fairly well and also the weather but want to take advantage of all the good weather I can get - been in so cal for along time and really hate cold..I was thinking maybe the roddendron fest. in florence

Old 03-22-2007 | 06:30 AM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member

Rhody fest May 19th & 20th, I'll be there. Southern Oregon Summer in Wolf Creek Oregon just south of Roseburg, I believe in July some time. SOS may have been canceled, but not sure. Hells Canyon run in Baker City Oregon,June 8th-11th. I'll be there and should be a good time.

If anybody plans on going to any of them let me know and maybe meet up for Coffee or sumpm.

Old 03-30-2007 | 10:32 AM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior

finally foud the 101harley site and the lighthouse run is on sept 29/30 weekend so will be going to that one would love to meet some of you there I'll be the old guy on the red std softail as pictured.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5757/D1F81DDE376E4CEDB64267A6C3A9791B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-31-2007 | 04:10 PM
Vilhelm
Intermediate

Great to see so many here from Oregon! Being new here, I wondered how many locals are on this board. Lots of good runs coming up, hope the weather is good this season. I'm headed to Coos Bay this week, I'll have to find out whats up on the LightHouse run, I've attended a few of em, good times. may miss Rhody Fest this year, planning a trip to New Mexico and then over to Texas. May try the Wolf Creek Run this year, Did Iron Horse last year, an wasn't really that impressed, way too many motorhomes/trailers. Run 21 gonna be a good one if they can secure a place to do it, seems last year the neighbors in the area had problems with all of us being there...Anyone headed to the Central coast, need info for the Lincoln City area, stopping in for a cold one or want to run a few miles, send me a PM or an E-mail.
Vilhelm