Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Laughlin River Run 2013 Apr 24-28

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012 | 06:22 PM
Major Thom
|
Road Captain
Default Laughlin River Run 2013 Apr 24-28

May be a bit early, but thought I'd start a discussion on 2013 River Run and see who is planning to attend. It will be my first time, any tips on where to stay, where to avoid, etc? Is staying Wed-Sun too long? We will be traveling there from North San Diego County area. Best route?

Old 12-18-2012 | 09:57 PM
Taildraggerdave
Road Captain

Usually the minimum hotel package is 3 nights, Thursday thru Saturday night and about $100 a night.
Route 66 is always nice but definitely not the quickest from San Diego...
Take care,
Dave

Old 12-19-2012 | 01:23 PM
Joe_Brock
Cruiser

Im interested too...might see if the wife wants to tag along.

Old 12-19-2012 | 07:18 PM
maldito33
Advanced

Well if you don't want to spend the nights in the big Hotels and pay big bucks try accross the river then just ride over in the day, save big bucks!

Old 12-19-2012 | 07:48 PM
Suntower
Road Master

Originally Posted by Major Thom
May be a bit early, but thought I'd start a discussion on 2013 River Run and see who is planning to attend. It will be my first time, any tips on where to stay, where to avoid, etc? Is staying Wed-Sun too long? We will be traveling there from North San Diego County area. Best route?
I'm in North County also... To get to Laughlin we go though Hemet, Beaumont, 29 Palms, Amboy, Goffs and cut through the desert to the 95. Make it almost the whole way with no slab... and Amboy is just a cool thing to see.

Try to check out Oatman while you're there... but it gets CROWDED during the run.

Have fun... but mind your P's and Q's. Cops are a-holes during the run. Between that and the RUB jerk-offs out for their "biker weekend" for the year, I stopped going to Laughlin.

ETA: Idylwild and Indio is a good alternate route our there... if it's warm enough going over the hill.
I prefer the Tropicana when we go just because I like their parking set up... and it's a great central location for the run.

Last edited by Suntower; 12-19-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-20-2012 | 04:39 PM
Kraken55
Stage I

I also like the Tropicana, last time I went, I paid for the Bike Parking, got there on Thursday, parked, never got on the bike till I was ready to leave on Sunday.............

However you can also take a ride to Hoover Dam and various other sites.

Tropicana is nice because you can kick back have a few beers and watch all the riders come down the main drag...............

Yes, I plan on going this coming year.........

What ever route you take watch you six............

I'm leaving from Ventura County......

Old 12-21-2012 | 10:13 AM
bigbud
3rd Gear

Yes I plan on going. I've been going sense 1990 and always had a good time. You have to watch the cops on the bicycles. They can ruin a good time. Have fun ride safe ride fast.

Old 01-05-2013 | 04:52 PM
joso52
Stage III

Nice place to ride and good crowd too everybodys just chillen.you can go anywhere and not have to worry about ****! Really. Last year was me and my girls first time i honestly didnt know what to exspect a rowdy bunch of drunk savages or what? But hell na totally the oppisite , so you dont have to bring your blade lol we stayed at the harrahs and had a good time, it was cold on the way in last time from long beach though and as long as the weathers right this year im there.

Old 01-06-2013 | 06:09 PM
Wide Glide Pony
Stage II

We'll be there. The wife and I have been going every year since 2006.

Old 01-06-2013 | 07:17 PM
motordog
Road Captain

Wife and I are planning to go.

Quick Reply: Laughlin River Run 2013 Apr 24-28