Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

From the OC, looking for dealer recommendations for 1st time buyer.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 01:33 PM
NuckaMan
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default From the OC, looking for dealer recommendations for 1st time buyer.

First time HD buyer here but not first time rider.

Looking to get a HD long hauler, namely a Road Glide Custom. My buy time is in the in Nov/Dec/Jan range (gotta finish up projects on the new house first).

Believe it or not, I have never set foot into a HD Dealer before. Only rented them through various independent Eagleriders throughout the country. So for me, test drive is not necessary since I know what I want and what I’m getting into.

Since us Californian’s have the luxury of plenty of HD dealers to choose from, looking at some dealer recommendations when making my first HD purchase (I’m good with anything from SD, IE, OC, LA).

Also, not looking for the deal of the century or anything, but what’s the typical movement like in price from MSRP? I hope it’s not typical to go north.

Metrics (non-euro) is typically MSRP is the OTD price for a new model. Much lower OTD for leftover….which there are always plenty.

Thanks.

P.S. I’ve been watching you guys rumbling by for many many years (actually, me zipping by), time for me to step into one myself and call it my own.

Last edited by NuckaMan; 08-15-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:25 AM
Flyingdrp
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Irvine Harley is a nice place to look at bikes and the parts guys are very helpful.
However, they are very proud of their motorcycles and do not like to sell below MSRP,
I live 5 minutes from OC Harley but I drove 90 minutes to Simi Valley Harley to buy my bike. I saved THOUSANDS on my '11 Ultra Classic. They beat the interest rate on the loan by several percent also. Bonus, they gave me 15% off on accesories.
That's been my experience.
RP

Old 08-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The newly moved L.A. Harley of Anaheim in Fullerton supposedly is keeping their philosophy of good deals on bikes. (Bought two Harleys from them at their old location in '05 and '06).

You'll pay close to MSRP like elsewhere but they will cut deals on reducing other fees. H-D of Westminster also has good deals. My buddy bought his CVO from them last year even though he lives clear out in the San Fernando Valley.

I'd try to those two places first.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:36 AM
NuckaMan
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the responses.

Good to hear positive things about Westminster HD. I live very close by their shop. (and work near Irvine OC).

And Primo-

Fantastic looking bike!!!!

Old 09-05-2012, 01:04 AM
Blowzo
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

If you don't mind the drive Quaid is awesome!

Old 09-05-2012, 08:02 PM
iamrockinrich
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Flyingdrp
Irvine Harley is a nice place to look at bikes and the parts guys are very helpful.
RP
Irvine Harley? You mean Orange County Harley.
Agree with Primo. I just bought my used FLHPE at LA Harley Davidson of Anaheim. Talk to Dave if you go there. I did have a lot of friends tell me good things about Westminster HD also. No pressure but they didn't have what I wanted.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:29 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

San Diego HD. Worth the drive. They wheel & deal.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:45 PM
dyebartdie
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have two friends that rode up to a dealer in Sacramento to buy their bikes. But I have heard good things from buyers who have bought from LAHDoA and Westminster HD

Old 10-20-2012, 06:54 PM
xxINKxx
Tourer

Originally Posted by Primo
The newly moved L.A. Harley of Anaheim in Fullerton supposedly is keeping their philosophy of good deals on bikes. (Bought two Harleys from them at their old location in '05 and '06).

You'll pay close to MSRP like elsewhere but they will cut deals on reducing other fees. H-D of Westminster also has good deals. My buddy bought his CVO from them last year even though he lives clear out in the San Fernando Valley.

I'd try to those two places first.
I bought my first HD last month there. I gladly would've went to another dealership but they were the only place within 75 miles to be getting any new iron 883s in the entire month of me calling around.

They offered me nothing extra, and didn't budge on any price. It was msrp + taxes, and all the fees or nothing. I even paid for the whole bike in all 100$ bills

Old 10-20-2012, 08:04 PM
surfcitybum
Road Captain

Westminster HD. Definitely good people and they wheal and deal