Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Probubly relocating to Palm Springs area

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 08:51 PM
HD Jake
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Probubly relocating to Palm Springs area

Pretty good possibility I will be relocated to the Ranch Mirage/Palm Springs area of the the California Desert.

Any input about Areas to live, Schools, that sort of thing would be great.
I know there is pleanty of great riding as I lived in San Diego for many years and have made many ride throughout Cali

Thanx !

Old 01-19-2007, 12:35 AM
gconklin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Probubly relocating to Palm Springs area

All I can say is my wife's from there and we visit her parents every year. Great weather in winter time but I sure wouldn't wanna be you in the summer!

I'm hoping to bring the hog down for the next rally though.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:30 PM
HD Jake
Road Warrior

I have been there allot over the last couple of years even in the summer, yes it is Hotl for about 3 months, but I really didnt think it was bad... I know 105 degrees + is bad, but here in Dallas it is 100+ and then add on the humidity and it is miserable... At least the Desert is a dry heat and year round riding.

Old 01-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: HD Jake

I have been there allot over the last couple of years even in the summer, yes it is Hotl for about 3 months, but I really didnt think it was bad... I know 105 degrees + is bad, but here in Dallas it is 100+ and then add on the humidity and it is miserable... At least the Desert is a dry heat and year round riding.
My in-laws retired down their 24 yrs ago, it used to be dry heat but with all the landscaping/lawns that come with the housing explosion its now rather humid at times. If you want to get an idea on the area's pulse the newspaper is Desert Sun and they do have an online version. We used to like it the summer cause the place was pretty empty, now its jammed year round. My Father in-law jokes that its the Gay 90's out there.....your either 90 yrs old or gay.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:05 PM
gconklin
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Homer
My Father in-law jokes that its the Gay 90's out there.....your either 90 yrs old or gay.
No kidding! They have all sorts of stores intended just for gays too... one is called "Gay Mart", like Wal*Mart but for gays. One restaraunt that just closed down or moved was called "More Than A Mouthfull", UGH! [:-]

Old 01-22-2007, 01:22 PM
HD Jake
Road Warrior

Nice... I will check out the newspaper option that will be helpful.
I will be out there next week looking at housing before we make our final decesion.
I would be nice to get back to Cali, I really miss it

Old 02-02-2007, 12:48 AM
HD Jake
Road Warrior
Default I am relocating to Palm Springs area

Just got back and sealed the deal, moving to Rancho Mirage and very excited about it right now.

Thanx to any of the Harley Brothers and Sisters that I met at the Beer Hunter and helped convince me that it was a great place to live.
I am looking forward to getting out there...

Old 02-02-2007, 02:09 PM
flavoflav
Cruiser
Default RE: I am relocating to Palm Springs area

ORIGINAL: HD Jake

Just got back and sealed the deal, moving to Rancho Mirage and very excited about it right now.

Thanx to any of the Harley Brothers and Sisters that I met at the Beer Hunter and helped convince me that it was a great place to live.
I am looking forward to getting out there...

Hey welcome to left coast you will love it - go to www.westcoastbikers.com to meet a bunch of people in your area... Rancho Mirage is awesome... some sweet riding down there.

J -

Old 02-12-2007, 01:21 AM
funcouple92544
1st Gear

Hey welcome to So.Cal. P.S. area is really nice except in summer. By the way I saw "more than a mouthful" on the strip just a few weeks ago (not that I was looking for it)

Old 02-13-2007, 06:27 PM
ironbyron
Tourer

My Friends kids go to Palm Desert High School and have no complaints...great football team, all sports are supportedwell and the theater class is first rate. Yeah it gets hot in the summer 115-120. 90 degree night riding. There are some lakes to fish, camping areas, hiking trails, four wheeling, and the palm springs tram is awesome, 3 hours from the River or Hollywood, you will loveHwy 74,243, 371, 79 etc. Hunting for Dove, Quail, some Pheasant. Plenty of shopping and golf courses.Yeah there are still alot of retirees, as well as alternate lifestylers (gay),but the people seem to tolerate each other. Good riding weather all year long, the air is pretty clean, when the wind is not blowing sand all over. It is a desert after all.

Quick Reply: Probubly relocating to Palm Springs area