Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

08 road glide wobble

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011 | 03:19 PM
james e penrose
|
Stage II
Default 08 road glide wobble

Have a 08 road glide. Wobbles at speeds from 35 to as far as 75.(so far) wobbles bad in all turn. (this is with light hold). All wobbles have been controllable so far. Harley corporate has to this point paid for front end rebuild/rear rebuild/5th gear replacement (thought as a possible cause?) and has also replaced the frame. Two Harley shops that have worked on this bike have no explanation of how to fix issue. Has been mentioned twice that motor vibrates a bit too much and maybe it is oscillating into frame. All this with no change in the attitude of the handling. Bike now has 43k miles. Have had 3 tire changes with no change. This has been a problem since the bike was nearly new. At this point i am going to Better Business bureau and see if i can get any help with this correction.

Last edited by james e penrose; 11-23-2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 11-22-2011 | 01:31 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Sounds like a good idea.

Old 11-24-2011 | 01:12 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

Check these out. The True-Track made a big difference in rear wheel tracking and wobble in high speed curves on my bike.

The motor mount took a significant amount of shake out of my bike especially in the front end. They have a front and back system but I only did the back and ended up with great results.

Good luck with your situation.

http://true-track.com/

http://www.glide-pro.com/

If you call either place after the holiday weekend you will find them very helpful with a ton of answers to your questions.

Old 01-20-2012 | 11:16 AM
Bugsyspringer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by james e penrose
Have a 08 road glide. Wobbles at speeds from 35 to as far as 75.(so far) wobbles bad in all turn. (this is with light hold). All wobbles have been controllable so far. Harley corporate has to this point paid for front end rebuild/rear rebuild/5th gear replacement (thought as a possible cause?) and has also replaced the frame. Two Harley shops that have worked on this bike have no explanation of how to fix issue. Has been mentioned twice that motor vibrates a bit too much and maybe it is oscillating into frame. All this with no change in the attitude of the handling. Bike now has 43k miles. Have had 3 tire changes with no change. This has been a problem since the bike was nearly new. At this point i am going to Better Business bureau and see if i can get any help with this correction.
Something to think about, I assume as well as you probably have too that the dealership has done all the work correctly and to manufactures specs! Possible not! Two things I would check would be your fall away adjustment and also and probably most important total vehicle alignment ! The alignment is often over looked and can play hell on the ride ability of your bike! Anouther thing to look at would be your front motor mount and the rear swing arm isolators ! Hope this helps! Often these can be overlooked even at dealers!

Old 01-24-2012 | 09:21 PM
james e penrose
|
Stage II

well believe me or not i have had a dealership that went through every one of those possibilities. not letting this rest / have a legal case on this now / will keep everyone up-dated

Last edited by james e penrose; 10-17-2012 at 07:07 PM.