Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Corona HD Grand Opening - Nov 19, 2006

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006 | 01:49 AM
Stelis
|
Cruiser
Default Corona HD Grand Opening - Nov 19, 2006

We got to Corona HD around 10:15am, and test rode some V-Rods. Then looked at a couple of Road Glides inside. Another guy in the club wants to buy one. Then we rode down to Biggs Harley to look at more Road Glides, and then rode to Quaid Harley to look at some more.

Quaid Harley had their poker run today, and had a band playing, and some other stuff going on.

Saw Steve from Old Town Leather there. He showed us his new "invention" which was a leather wrap that you strap on to a rear fender or handlebars. It can hold a large thick leather jacket plus chaps. But when not in use, it rolls up into a small size.

I'm quite impressed with the V-Rod. Actually I rode the Night Rod which has the rider leaning forward, and the foot controls in the back. To me, that seems like the natural position for a bike like the V-Rod. The forward controls on the other V-Rod models just doesn't seem to feel right. But it corners really well, and accelerates quite well too. I wouldn't mind owning one.

Here's a few of the photos. Click the link to see all 14 photos...
/

This is a leather wrap made by Bone Wrap, from Old Town Leather, in Temecula. You can fit a thick leather jacket plus chaps inside.

Some hoochies on display at Quaid Harley in Temecula