Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Moving to So Cal...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Stevenml155
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to So Cal...

Hey all in So Cal -- it's been a long time - 15 yrs to be exact! - but I'm coming home to So Cal!! Time to leave the rainy Seattle days behind for some sun and warmth!! I'm thinking of moving to Orange County area -- anyone have any advice of some good HD dealers in that area? I'll be hittin everyone up for some good rides as well. Any thoughts on all this would be of help!

Old 10-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Moving to So Cal...

Welcome home. If you must buy in OC then go to Westminster H-D for the best pricing on new bikes although a trip 30 minutes north to South Gate and L.A. H-D may get you an even better price.

Anaheim-Fullerton HD seems to be the consensus tops when it comes to service in OC. Never used them but they have nice facilities and throw some prettty fun events.

Personally I have my bike serviced in Baldwin Park (10 Fwy just East of the 605) at Laidlaws Harley. Way too much for their bikes but their service dept is top notch.

When you get down here look in this "Pacific" forum for Thundering Herd rides. Just a loose group of riders who get together occasionally for a scoot.

Primo

Old 10-14-2006, 12:17 AM
_Locutus
Road Master

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HDForums from Orange County, California [sm=biker2.gif]

OC HD in Irvine is a good dealership. Tons of killer rides in the area. The ride out to Julian is nice, go by way of Mt Palomar. Nice riding out to Palm Springs this time of year. Side trip out thru Joshua Tree National Park is nice too. Tons of nice rides up in the hills around LA in all directions. Message me if you have any questions.

Keep the shiny side up!

Another perfect day in paradise. THE best place on Earth to RIDE!!!

Old 10-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Stevenml155
Tourer

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to be enjoying the riding!! It'll be nice to not have to wonder as much about if I'm going to get dumped on with rain or IF the sun might decide to shine!! I remember growing up until 20 yrs old in So Cal and I can't wait to get back to that great weather!! Hit you guys up once I'm there -- late November timeframe. Thanks again!

Old 10-16-2006, 03:47 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome back when you arrive. I don't know about what dealers, but always glad to have another rider coming back to motorcycle mecca. I'm up in Santa Monica, but I guess OC is nice.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Stevenml155
Tourer

Thanks man! I grew up racing motocross bikes at Ascot on Friday nights and Deanza and Carlsbad on the weekends!! What a blast. I was raised in Culver City so I know Santa Monica well -- my job will be mostly OC and SD so I have to be closer to that part of So Cal. I went to Santa Monica CC for a bit as well!

Old 10-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Redneck
Road Captain

Welcome back to SoCal, there are so many dealers here they all have something a little different to offer.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:12 PM
HTRAUD
Road Warrior

Plenty of good dealers. The Irvine store and Fullerton are probably the biggest. Both have top notch mechanics. Irvine is open 7 days now, lots of bikes in the area. San Juan Capo is the sister dealership for Irvine. They are very friendly, the prices overall seem to be cheaper. Plenty of good rides too. Lots of nice scenery and variety. Whereabouts are you thinking of moving? Homes are very expensive here.

Old 10-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Motosurf
Cruiser

Welcome back. Wait a year or two before buying a house. Homes sold now in San Clemente only sell if the seller is willing to go down $50,000 to $100,000. In a year expect prices to really dump! (BTW, I bought my house in 1989 and I think it is a JOKE the price people ask for their houses now.) Capo HD is OK, but El Cajon HD in San Diego county has the lowest dealer prep charge.

06 FXDBI

Old 10-21-2006, 11:05 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I live about 3 blocks from SMC. Funny how that happens, isn't it.

Quick Reply: Moving to So Cal...