Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Passport to Prizes 2010

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010 | 03:58 PM
powaypete
Road Master

Originally Posted by Gamma742
David are you a member of the El Cajon Chapter?
Yes I am. R/C also. Long time no talk/see.
For the Santa Maria Run, I'll be helping the Office Manager (Rob) get riders to SMHD. I've known Rob for years even before he had a Harley or worked for ECHD. He's the one who 'fished me in'. Good group of people, HOG and dealership.

Last edited by powaypete; 05-11-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2010 | 04:07 PM
powaypete
Road Master

Originally Posted by Fireman_Rich
OK, made the first ride to El Cajon and had a pretty good time. Now, who is going to Santa Maria? Anyone from Temecula to Corona want to meet and ride in? This will be a fun ride too. Santa Maria is having a big bike show as well. Post or PM me. Let's make this happen.
A group of us are leaving El Cajon HD Friday @ 9AM. Going up 15 to 210 to 5 to FRAZIER MOUNTAIN PARK RD/CERRO NOROESTE RD (Gorman) to 166 and in to SM. Let me know if you would like to hook up. Our first gas stop is Lake Elsinore (damn Sportsters).

Last edited by powaypete; 05-11-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-11-2010 | 05:44 PM
Primo
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Loose Plans for Leg # 2 of Passport to Prizes, Overnighter to Santa Maria

Leave Starbucks in Whittier @ 9am sharp.

Hookup with friends at the Starbucks in Woodland Hills. KSU by 10:30am.

Stop at SB H-D in Carpentaria for a quick stretch.

Stop in Winchester for gas and traditional Gatorade and doughnut break.

Arrive in Santa Maria and head straight to dealer to get our passports stamped (Don’t forget your I.D.)

Stick around there if the food is good or head to a Mom& Pop burger joint a few of us found last year.

Check-in at hotel.

Take a short ride to the Santa Maria Motorcycle Madness event ($20) for both days).

Some will end up eating there; others will opt to go back to town for dinner.

210-134-101 on the way up.

After complimentary breakfast at the hotel it will be KSU @ 10am.

101 Fwy to Santa Barbara and Stearn's Wharf for lunch. Hopefully we will be able to secure some parking.

Our SFV brethren will then take their last leg on the 101 all the way home while those following me will take a detour right before Thousand Oaks via the 23 to the 118 to the 210.

It adds 13 miles but after splitting lanes too many times on that stretch of the 101 thru the SFV on a Sunday afternoon I'll be taking Rob's preferred route and those following me should avoid a ton of traffic.

As on all Freeeway-King adventures those that wish to deviate from the scheduled route are encouraged to do so and there are never any hard feelings towards those that seek their own path.

PM me with any questions.

P.S. If you want to become an official Freeway-King go here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/groups/168-freeway-kings-southern-california.html

Be advised: There are no dues, no meetings, no restrictions on riding with others, no limits to laughs or on the quantities of cheeseburgers you might encounter.

Last edited by Primo; 05-13-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-11-2010 | 10:37 PM
Gamma742
Road Warrior

Me, Orlando and Evan will see you at Starbucks in Whittier.

Old 05-12-2010 | 12:21 AM
Fireman_Rich
Cruiser

See everybody Saturday morning at 9am!!!!!

Old 05-12-2010 | 12:47 AM
Primo
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Looking forward to it gents!

Old 05-13-2010 | 12:35 AM
2mean2like
Cruiser

I will be waiting at the Starbucks in WH.

Old 05-13-2010 | 12:39 PM
Primo
|
Ultimate HDF Member

I've never been to Santa Maria Motorcycle Madness but just looked at some pics of past year's event and it looks like at least some of the parking is on grass.

If you have a kickstand pad or just a crushed (beer?) can it might come in handy. Just sayin'.

Old 05-13-2010 | 02:31 PM
Primo
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Loose Plans for return trip from overnighter to Santa Maria

After complimentary breakfast at the hotel it will be KSU @ 10am.

101 Fwy to Santa Barbara and Stearn's Wharf for lunch. Hopefully we will be able to secure some parking.

Our SFV brethren will then take their last leg on the 101 the rest of their way home while those following me will take a detour right before Thousand Oaks via the 23 to the 118 to the 210.

It adds 13 miles but after splitting lanes too many times on that stretch of the 101 thru the SFV on a Sunday afternoon I'll be taking Rob's preferred route and those following me should avoid a ton of traffic.

As on all Freeeway-King adventures those that wish to deviate from the scheduled route are encouraged to do so and there are never any hard feelings towards those that seek their own path.

P.S. If you want to become an official Freeway-King go here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/group...alifornia.html

Be advised: There are no dues, no meetings, no restrictions on riding with others, no limits to laughs or on the quantities of cheeseburgers you might encounter.

Last edited by Primo; 05-13-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-17-2010 | 11:19 AM
Primo
|
Ultimate HDF Member

At home with my sick 6 yr old today so I might as well post up the plans now:

Saturday May 22nd is the final leg of Passport to Prizes.

Meet @ 10am:

Victor's Villa
5240 Irwindale Ave
Irwindale , CA 91706

Irwindale Ave off ramp off the 210 and go south (away from foothills). Go about a mile and Victor's will be on the left, right before Arrow Hwy.

Our brothers from San Diego and Temecula can take the 15 North to the 210 East. Irwindale Ave is the last offramp before the 605.

We'll be there until 11:30 or so. After breakfast it's a 15-20 minute ride to L.A. Harley. Pickup our prizes, hang out for free tacos if desired and that's the last of the planned events.

If you join us for breakfast you can still be back on the road by noon.

A few of us will be meeting at the Whittier Starbucks ready to roll by 9:30 on Sunday to head over to the Long Beach Moto Swapmeet. Everyone is welcome to tag along.

Quick Reply: Passport to Prizes 2010