Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Vatos y Viclas Photo and Art Exhibit

VATOS Y VICLAS PHOTO & ART EXHIBIT –OPEN HOUSE
March 27, 2010
9 AM TO 6 PM
Shutterstories Studios
981 Iowa Avenue, Riverside, California 92507
(951) 318-1574
Shutterstories will be hosting an open house, photo and art exhibit featuring custom motorcycle culture photography and art. The event will include vendors, musical performances, studio tours and a model and motorcycle search.
*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*. .*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..* ..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*.. *..*..*..***************<br Shutterstories studio is hosting an open house event featuring the emerging new custom motorcycle genre, Viclas. Taking cues from the culture that inspired low riding and urban art, Viclas have become one of the fastest growing markets defying the current economic climate. In conjunction with highlighting the genre, the exhibit will include cultural photo images and art. Also featured will be live music, culture related vendors, a model casting call and custom motorcycle search. Studio personnel will be conducting an open house showcasing the various aspects of the location, which features a photo gallery, art gallery, green screen and photography areas. Professional and amateur photographers will be allowed complimentary sessions in the areas new premier media facility.

Vatos Y Viclas Magazine is a motorcycle enthusiast magazine featuring the Chicano influences on the multi-million dollar industry. Our focus extends beyond the motorcycles. We use the magazine as a vehicle to reach out to the community in an effort to promote positivism through culture, awareness and art. The magazine does not glorify negative stereotypes or behaviors. On the contrary, it promotes our contributions in the areas of health, education, business, history, arts and entertainment. We place the emphasis and importance on the Vicla and its builder, and NOT on the exploitation of women. Therefore, we produce a family friendly publication and events.

Our main event will occur on March 27th, 2010 from 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. at 981 Iowa Ave. , Riverside, CA. This will be a fun filled event with live music, food, raffles and vendors. It will consist of art, either relating to Viclas and the Vicla lifestyle, or culture and is FREE to the public.

We will also be hosting three pre-exhibit days, with one specifically set aside for students and educators. On March 23rd, 2010, we will open the shutterstories Studio to students of all academic levels. On hand will be presenters to discuss the history of Chicanos in motorcycling and the various employment opportunities within the publication professions such as journalism, photography, graphic design and business management. The other two nights have been set aside for industry insiders as well as a civic leaders evening.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Hockey Stick
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In fact, I've got the Tripp Productions promo card sitting right here on my desk.
Hoping to make this. Looking forward to seeing some nice viclas... and some latina bootay

Old 03-18-2010, 12:09 PM
dyebartdie
Road Captain

Nice... I forgot to mention that I'm gonna a photo on display at this event

Old 03-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master

Latina bootay aside...

I've got no skills myslef, but have always been interested in photography. Sounds like a great chance to tour the studio and maybe see some photo shoots.
Along with the works of art on the walls and on two wheels.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:49 PM
yank
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish they would do the same up here in Northern Califas.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:03 PM
dyebartdie
Road Captain

Tripp has done a few events in nor-cal. he has something planned for may....

Old 03-24-2010, 01:07 PM
dyebartdie
Road Captain

This SATURDAY!!!

Originally Posted by dyebartdie
VATOS Y VICLAS PHOTO &amp; ART EXHIBIT –OPEN HOUSE
March 27, 2010
9 AM TO 6 PM
Shutterstories Studios
981 Iowa Avenue, Riverside, California 92507
(951) 318-1574
Shutterstories will be hosting an open house, photo and art exhibit featuring custom motorcycle culture photography and art. The event will include vendors, musical performances, studio tours and a model and motorcycle search.
*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*. .*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..* ..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*..*.. *..*..*..***************<br Shutterstories studio is hosting an open house event featuring the emerging new custom motorcycle genre, Viclas. Taking cues from the culture that inspired low riding and urban art, Viclas have become one of the fastest growing markets defying the current economic climate. In conjunction with highlighting the genre, the exhibit will include cultural photo images and art. Also featured will be live music, culture related vendors, a model casting call and custom motorcycle search. Studio personnel will be conducting an open house showcasing the various aspects of the location, which features a photo gallery, art gallery, green screen and photography areas. Professional and amateur photographers will be allowed complimentary sessions in the areas new premier media facility.

Vatos Y Viclas Magazine is a motorcycle enthusiast magazine featuring the Chicano influences on the multi-million dollar industry. Our focus extends beyond the motorcycles. We use the magazine as a vehicle to reach out to the community in an effort to promote positivism through culture, awareness and art. The magazine does not glorify negative stereotypes or behaviors. On the contrary, it promotes our contributions in the areas of health, education, business, history, arts and entertainment. We place the emphasis and importance on the Vicla and its builder, and NOT on the exploitation of women. Therefore, we produce a family friendly publication and events.

Our main event will occur on March 27th, 2010 from 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. at 981 Iowa Ave. , Riverside, CA. This will be a fun filled event with live music, food, raffles and vendors. It will consist of art, either relating to Viclas and the Vicla lifestyle, or culture and is FREE to the public.

We will also be hosting three pre-exhibit days, with one specifically set aside for students and educators. On March 23rd, 2010, we will open the shutterstories Studio to students of all academic levels. On hand will be presenters to discuss the history of Chicanos in motorcycling and the various employment opportunities within the publication professions such as journalism, photography, graphic design and business management. The other two nights have been set aside for industry insiders as well as a civic leaders evening.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master

Still planning on being there. Still working on my wife to ride out with me.

Hope there won't be any vagos booby traps to watch out for.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master

Originally Posted by dyebartdie
Nice... I forgot to mention that I'm gonna a photo on display at this event
Will your photo be displayed under your dyebartdie name?

I'm not sure what time we'll be there. If my wife's going, I gotta go on her schedule. Otherwise am planning to head out from HB area around 2pm, cause I got things to do in the am.
Waiting to hear from a friend if he'll be going.

Most likely will ride up the 57 then across Carbon Cyn to the 60 and across. This'll break up having to do all fwys to Riverside (ugh).

Old 03-25-2010, 10:40 AM
dyebartdie
Road Captain

cool. It will be under Joe. I'm gonna be there off and on through out the day.

Quick Reply: Vatos y Viclas Photo and Art Exhibit