Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

2010 Pacific NW HDForums Rally

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010 | 06:06 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member

Glad I was able to be a part of it before it all went to ****! Started the bike at lunch and it sound off. As soon as I let out a little clutch and gave it some gas the hammering began. I think it's in the primary so it's coming apart tonight. A part of me is hoping for a broken piston or something like that! Hmmmmm 95"...new bigger cams.....head work.....

Old 08-26-2010 | 06:29 PM
Geezer2
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ackman1968
Glad I was able to be a part of it before it all went to ****! Started the bike at lunch and it sound off. As soon as I let out a little clutch and gave it some gas the hammering began. I think it's in the primary so it's coming apart tonight. A part of me is hoping for a broken piston or something like that! Hmmmmm 95"...new bigger cams.....head work.....
So Rick.... this is your story and you're stickin too it huh? The missus read the forum? lmao

Old 08-26-2010 | 06:52 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member

I wish, it sounds like hell. My thoughts are the compensator or maybe a bearing. I had a whirring sound before the trip but it stopped today right about lunch time.....

Old 08-26-2010 | 10:29 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member

Here it is, I think it's in the primary but I won't know until I rip into it. Funny how my exhaust leak is so audible on this side too. Kind of funny how something snaps and it goes quiet at 25 seconds then comes back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Y8IcZHHO0

Old 08-26-2010 | 10:36 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Holly crap Rick!! Maybe that off road trip you took loosened something...lol!!

Old 08-27-2010 | 01:37 PM
frogg
Road Warrior

Well got home Last Night. What a great time!!! The Rally seeing Ya'll again and meeting new friends and the ride was fantastic. First time I ever seen a Cop and a Pastor so S**t faced.
Looking forward to next Year! (Maybe another Softail will show up next Year.)
Glad your Ok Roofer and got home safe, I know about that Gravel.
Rick it's a Harley they make weird noises every now and then, just to get your attention to make sure ya still Love her.
Well anyway after I left Sunday I took a very windy Hwy 14 to Camas for the night.
Then on to Tillamook via Hwy 6 , then Hwy 101 next stop Astoria, last night in Hoquiam and then home.
Only problem I had was Right after I left Pine Springs at the first Truck lane a coyote popped down a cliff side and into the road forcing me to swerve missing him by inches, talk about pucker factor, my seat now has a star imprint on it.
Ya'll I done talked to much for now. later.

Old 08-27-2010 | 02:49 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by frogg
Well got home Last Night. What a great time!!! The Rally seeing Ya'll again and meeting new friends and the ride was fantastic. First time I ever seen a Cop and a Pastor so S**t faced.
Looking forward to next Year! (Maybe another Softail will show up next Year.)
Glad your Ok Roofer and got home safe, I know about that Gravel.
Rick it's a Harley they make weird noises every now and then, just to get your attention to make sure ya still Love her.
Well anyway after I left Sunday I took a very windy Hwy 14 to Camas for the night.
Then on to Tillamook via Hwy 6 , then Hwy 101 next stop Astoria, last night in Hoquiam and then home.
Only problem I had was Right after I left Pine Springs at the first Truck lane a coyote popped down a cliff side and into the road forcing me to swerve missing him by inches, talk about pucker factor, my seat now has a star imprint on it.
Ya'll I done talked to much for now. later.

Is that what you were doing on the side of the road when Jeff and I saw you?? Cleaning your seat and changing some undies?? LOL!!

Old 08-28-2010 | 03:32 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by roofer
I had a great time had my first cigar in about 20yrs and I will get there on friday next year so I don't miss the ride.
On the way home I stopped to look at a mtn marker and when I left my front tire dug in the gravel and down I went, I got the bike back up and had no damage but it would not start and I thought great here I am out in the middle of nowhere with a dead bike so I turned the key off and on and it fired right up and off I went.
Tom it was great to meet you and see the bike. Probably the first time two FL Dyna's have been in the same place at the same time!

I know right where this is and Iplan on riding that road in the future.

Old 08-30-2010 | 01:16 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Now that I'm back I can add to the kick *** weekend. I'll start with video's!!

National Anthem

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...dale201044.mp4

Last edited by JaronB; 08-30-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Old 08-30-2010 | 01:19 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Quick Reply: 2010 Pacific NW HDForums Rally