Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

2010 Pacific NW HDForums Rally

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010 | 09:27 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by tweakin
Great time again and even better seeing everyone. Thanks for the shirts Steve! Thanks for the cigars Frogg!

Sorry we had to bail half way through the ride and didn't get to say bye to most of you. We looked at the time and had another 4 hour ride to get home. Looks like the band and Saturday night was great. I should have some video my bro took to put up soon.
Yes and I ended up coming out to Silverdale today and road back with Jeff. We are definitely taking this route next year, you're going to love it. It's our NW Dragons Tail. It was a lot of curves and I got my first scrape on my pipes. It was through the base of MT ST Helens. Plus when you guys split off yesterday you just missed all the good stuff!! Better then the Bickleton road!

Originally Posted by Certified Drunk
I'm standing next to the house in the back ground??
LOL!! Never noticed that, I'll have to check my camera too!!

Old 08-22-2010 | 09:37 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

You all will have to wait till I get back to the other house for my pics and videos. I don't have my cord. I got some awesome pics and videos of Jeff (RATBOB). All the west side guys will really have to hit that ride up next year through mt st helens!!

Old 08-22-2010 | 09:51 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Certified Drunk
I'm standing next to the house in the back ground??
Names to faces time. From left to right to behind.....
Tweakin, Frogg, Ratbob, Geezer2, yso191, JaronB, Trippster, ackman1968 and Certified Drunk.

I have more pictures to add to the slide show that I'll get uploaded soon.

Old 08-22-2010 | 10:02 PM
Trippster
Road Captain
Old 08-22-2010 | 10:29 PM
Trippster
Road Captain

Heres my contribution.

Old 08-22-2010 | 11:13 PM
Ratbob
Road Master

Originally Posted by JaronB
Yes and I ended up coming out to Silverdale today and road back with Jeff. We are definitely taking this route next year, you're going to love it. It's our NW Dragons Tail. It was a lot of curves and I got my first scrape on my pipes. It was through the base of MT ST Helens.
Glad you enjoyed the route Jaron, it was everything I had hoped it would be. The twisties were a blast and there was practically no traffic. Can't wait for the vid.

We took Wind River Rd North from Hwy 14 with the intent of taking NF25 all the way North to Randle. We took a side trip West on NF90 to check out the Ape Cave. In the interest of getting Jaron home to take care of a family emergency we abandoned the trek up NF25 and picked up I5 at Woodland and bombed up the slab the rest of the way. NF25 will just have to wait for another day.

I can't imagine a better way to spend the weekend, or a better bunch of people to do it with, even if we did have to look at those naked ******* floating down the Yak!

Old 08-23-2010 | 01:09 AM
Talisman
Stage III

Just wanted to thank you folks for a great time! Really enjoyed meeting everyone, and swap’n sea stories! Great hospitality!

Already look’n forward to next year!!

2010 Pacific NW HDForums Rally-pine-ridge10_05s.jpg

2010 Pacific NW HDForums Rally-pine-ridge10_02s.jpg

Last edited by Talisman; 08-23-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 08-23-2010 | 04:06 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
From: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative

Thanks to all who participated. I had a great time, even though missing out on the Saturday ride; the new front skin had to be the priority. I'm still shakin' my head about the "toilet paper roll" effect of the tread-life. Both of us had tread when we left home on Friday.

LovelyLarry wanted me to pass along his thanks to, and praise of the great group of guys & gals he met this weekend...he'd'a done it himself, but I think he's still out polishing his Gremlin Bell. Next year, 50+....

Old 08-23-2010 | 08:31 AM
roofer
Road Master

I had a great time had my first cigar in about 20yrs and I will get there on friday next year so I don't miss the ride.
On the way home I stopped to look at a mtn marker and when I left my front tire dug in the gravel and down I went, I got the bike back up and had no damage but it would not start and I thought great here I am out in the middle of nowhere with a dead bike so I turned the key off and on and it fired right up and off I went.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Pacific NW HDForums Rally-013.jpg   2010 Pacific NW HDForums Rally-012.jpg   2010 Pacific NW HDForums Rally-023.jpg   2010 Pacific NW HDForums Rally-026.jpg  
Old 08-23-2010 | 09:17 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ratbob
Glad you enjoyed the route Jaron, it was everything I had hoped it would be. The twisties were a blast and there was practically no traffic. Can't wait for the vid.

We took Wind River Rd North from Hwy 14 with the intent of taking NF25 all the way North to Randle. We took a side trip West on NF90 to check out the Ape Cave. In the interest of getting Jaron home to take care of a family emergency we abandoned the trek up NF25 and picked up I5 at Woodland and bombed up the slab the rest of the way. NF25 will just have to wait for another day.

I can't imagine a better way to spend the weekend, or a better bunch of people to do it with, even if we did have to look at those naked ******* floating down the Yak!
Yes it was great and thanks!! Oh I hit traffic the rest of the way after you got off. ALl the way into town. It took me 3 hours from where we split! There was nothing to slow down for just way to many stupid drivers.

Originally Posted by roofer
I had a great time had my first cigar in about 20yrs and I will get there on friday next year so I don't miss the ride.
On the way home I stopped to look at a mtn marker and when I left my front tire dug in the gravel and down I went, I got the bike back up and had no damage but it would not start and I thought great here I am out in the middle of nowhere with a dead bike so I turned the key off and on and it fired right up and off I went.
Glad you had a good time and glad you got your bike back up and started. We'll have to start working earlier to get you some ridding buddies from bend.

Quick Reply: 2010 Pacific NW HDForums Rally