Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Missing person in Fullerton, CA

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:25 PM
gimme
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing person in Fullerton, CA

I got this on another forum I am a member of. The more people that know, betters the odds of helping find him.

"I'm posting this up for a friend who graduated with him. He disappeared Saturday and no one knows where he is. So if anyone has seen him throw me a PM or Orange/Fullerton PD. Thanks."

O.C. baseball star mysteriously vanishes - 12/14/09 - Los Angeles-Southern California-LA Breaking News, Weather, Traffic, Sports - abc7.com

Quote:
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- The search continued Tuesday for an Orange County baseball star who mysteriously vanished over the weekend while walking his girlfriend's dog.

James Wernke was last seen leaving his girlfriend's mother's house in the 3000 block of Sunnywood Drive at about 2 p.m. Saturday to walk her yellow Labrador retriever Kealie.

"We made contact with all the witnesses that we could find, any friends of James, and just interviewing them to see if they have any idea where he might have gone," said Fullerton Police Lt. Alex Bastreri.

Bastreri said a helicopter and an off-road motorcycle were aiding in the search.

"We got out on foot and tried to retrace the possible tracks that he took, although we're not sure of those tracks," said Bastreri.

Family, friends and teammates put up fliers in the Fullerton neighborhood where he was last seen, asking for the public's help to find him.

The 21-year-old was pitching for Santa Ana College. He had just earned a full baseball scholarship at California State University, Long Beach, and was being scouted by a number of major league teams.

Family and friends said the fact that he didn't touch base with anyone before he left was completely out of character.

"He just likes to crack jokes, have a good time, loves living life. I mean, it's totally out of characteristic for him," said Wernke's teammate R.J. Hively. "I'm trying to block out all the negative thoughts right now and stay positive, but it's definitely unlike him to have no one know where he is. I mean, someone always knows where he is at sometime, but I'm definitely worried."

James' father Robert Wernke reached out to his missing son on camera.

"James, please contact somebody. We're worried about you, we love you, and we want you home," he said.

Wernke was described as 6 feet 4 inches tall, about 190 pounds, with short blond hair and blue eyes. He was wearing gym clothes at the time of his disappearance.

According to family and friends, Wernke left without his keys, ID or wallet. They believe he has his cell phone with him, but it is off and untrackable.

Fullerton police said they have received a number of calls from people in Anaheim, Brea and Los Angeles. However, the sightings proved to be false.

Anyone with information on Wernke's whereabouts was asked to call Fullerton police at (714) 738-6700.
(Copyright ©2009 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Old 12-15-2009, 02:48 PM
SUUIE
Road Master

It looks like the worst possible ending to this story:

http://www.ocregister.com/news/polic...rton-last.html

Old 12-15-2009, 05:19 PM
gimme
Cruiser

unfortunately, my wife just informed me

sad end indeed