Sunday October 25th, Long Beach Veterans Stadium Bike Show / Swap Meet

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009 | 07:21 PM
WS6 Formula
|
Stellar HDF Member
Default Sunday October 25th, Long Beach Veterans Stadium Bike Show / Swap Meet

Info: https://toppingevents.com/socal_cycle.asp

Map: http://*******.com/l7ubba ("A" is the car entrance, "B" is the bike entrance)

Weather: http://*******.com/ch5ajc

Old 10-25-2009 | 12:46 AM
SoCalByker
Tourer
Default Make complete stops in that area folks...

I was down there today because I happened to see "bike show" signs leading me to the stadium and ran a stop sign and there was smokey waiting for me around a blind corner... he spared me because I have a clean record and was polite and apologetic... but he was snagging driver after driver because it's easy to NOT see the stop sign nor the faded words on the road and EASY to make a "California" stop.

Old 10-26-2009 | 11:17 AM
SoCalByker
Tourer
Default Looking for easy wash thing for my bike...

Just FYI, went down there yesterday and the event was already wrapped except for one vendor, and that vendor said most vendors started leaving at 11am :-o

Wow, are things really that bad out there?

I was looking for that Purple Slice I think it's called... isn't there a big swap meet / vendor thing in O.C. where cars, rugs and most everything else is being sold? I remember going there last year but do not remember where it was.

Anyone? Bueller?

Old 10-26-2009 | 02:17 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

2mean2like and I got there around 9am yesterday. We go pretty much every month.

Yep it's an early morning event. It's supposed to be 7am to 1pm but in all the years I've been going 11-11:30 seems to be the time when alot of the vendors start packing it in.

7am is when the serious builders show up for the prime parts.

The Purple Slice guy was there. He's doing very well. I remember back around 2005 when he started marketing it it is was literally out of the trunk of his car.

Big Azz motorhome now with a Hot Rod show car to boot!

They sell it at Laidlaw's, Pomona Valley and other dealers as well as online.

As for the OC deal are you thinking of the OC Swap Meet at the Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa?

Big to do every Sat & Sun. It's at the end of the 55 fwy south of the 405.

Last edited by Primo; 10-26-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-27-2009 | 12:32 AM
SoCalByker
Tourer

Yeah that's the one in OC, thanks Primo... I wanna hit that up again, saw lots of cool stuff last time I was there.

I've never been to that Ecology thing, and was obviously late this time around... I'll try and make it much earlier next time.

I just picked up some stuff at the Harley dealership called BEST which used to be BOMB... same type of stuff although I haven't used either Purple or this stuff... we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the info Primo, peace.

Old 10-27-2009 | 02:19 PM
wico1
Tourer

Purple Slice is the way to go. I use it after I wash the sled. I borrow the leaf blower from Julio, the neighborhood's landscaper, and air dry the sled. JK, I have my own strapped to my back leaf blower. The bike comes out clean as if I had spent hours waxing.

Old 10-31-2009 | 11:13 PM
SoCalByker
Tourer
Default BEST bike wash is not too bad...

Just wiped down the bike today using that stuff called BEST ( used to be called BOMB ) and it works pretty well.... just gotta wipe / buff immediately after wiping, so your waxing on and waxing off like the karate kid.

I left the leaf blower alone because I didn't use any H2O.