Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

You Gotta Love Souther California ( SoCal )...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems to me that LOC is more after dark car racing. Maybe mostly rich kids, in cars they can't handle, from the nearby area's..... Like COTO and Dove Canyon etc..

Bikes are more drawn to Ortega.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:29 PM
SoCalByker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Hockey Stick, I must've missed you bro... I was sitting outside with six other dudes having a couple of pitchers... I had the gyro special... it was a tough bite and chew let me tell ya. We got there just before 1pm and left around 3pm. There was this gal there with a rack that must have cost some sap over 10k.... but the face needed an upgrade as well.... hahaha.

We came in from the west along that 12 mile stretch from the 55 on Chapman and then headed south from there to Swallows Inn in San Juan Capistrano I think it was ( you know, where the swallows go or come from every year? ).... and had a couple more pitchers... we headed out after nightfall just when some single ladies were coming in ( duh ).. but these guys didn't want to get in trouble with their bride/boss I guess.

Anything up for tonight if it doesn't rain? Or tomorrow? Or Saturday? Let me know, I'm game.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:53 PM
sealbeachbum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Ed, our ALR chapter is having a ride this Saturday. The plan is to meet at Post 555 at 0830 with KSU at 0900. We will ride to the Saddleback Valley American Legion Post 862 for their pancake breakfast. Following breakfast we will continue to ride TBD depending on where everyone wants to ride to.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:32 AM
SoCalByker
Tourer

That's sounds like a plan Bill ( aren't we supposed to use our code names like SoCalByker and SealBeachBum Bill?, what if the Feds are following these threads 8-o

I'll see you at the 555 at 0830 hrs.

Hey NewDude and HockeyStick, you free Sat?

How about you 2Deuce2?

Old 11-13-2009, 03:09 AM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member

sorry guys can't commmit to anything. sicker than **** right now

Old 11-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master

This site finally working now ?

Obviously I can't do the ride saturday, seeing as I'm sitting at home now and it's saturday.

Did make it to TxLosseys Thr. Won best cruiser (there were only 5). It was a cool night and I did get just a few rain drops in my face on the way there. Wasn't bad riding home. Also won a nice lifestyle cycles sweat outfit that fits my daughter.
Next week is the last bike nights for the season.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:24 PM
SoCalByker
Tourer

Right on HockeyStick! I contemplated going but did see a few drops... so didn't.

Get better soon NewDude.

SealBeachBum went down Friday morning on his way to some races in Pomona... freakin' bus was in the carpool lane ahead of him, exits fully, then changes mind and comes back into the carpool lane.... so SBB hit his breaks and the front wheel slips out from under him at 70mph... but he's ok! Has a bruised hip and some road rash on his legs, but the old thick leather jacket saved his skin... the bike flopped and rolled and is probably a complete total.

He's not jaded at all, but his riding buddy was pretty freaked out watching Bill flop and flip up the 605.

I hung out with him today, road to Mother's in Seal Beach for a drink and to shoot the breeze with the rowdys down there.

Another sunny day in SoCal.... plenty of layers keeping me warm, and the cool air keeping the engine cool..

I want to hit Loosey's next week, hopefully win something, like smallest bike or something ;-)

Old 11-14-2009, 10:22 PM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member

a BUS?

like...a public transit bus?

Old 11-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Hockey Stick
Road Master

Originally Posted by SoCalByker
SealBeachBum went down Friday morning on his way to some races in Pomona... freakin' bus was in the carpool lane ahead of him, exits fully, then changes mind and comes back into the carpool lane.... so SBB hit his breaks and the front wheel slips out from under him at 70mph... but he's ok! Has a bruised hip and some road rash on his legs, but the old thick leather jacket saved his skin... the bike flopped and rolled and is probably a complete total.
Just re-read, didn't catch this earlier. Hope all's well with SBB.
He races speedway right? Lucky no bus's on the dirt I guess.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:51 AM
SoCalByker
Tourer

Yeah a full size bus, like Greyhound size / charter bus type... yeah he races Speedway, but I think he's selling his speedway bike... he might sell it to me / I might pick it up and try going sideways without brakes for awhile.

He was riding about 100 feet behind, and once the bus merged out of the carpool lane, he sped up, but then the bus driver quickly merged back without looking and he was going to be bounced into the wall it seems so he gripped the brakes and next thing he knew he was skidding along at 70mph... his jacket has those freeway grooves / lines etched into it, it's a trip to see.

He's sore all over today he says... all of us hanging with him today suggested he have a checkup asap at the hospital although he was walking right after going down and pushed his bike across all lanes of traffic while he waited for AAA to tow it to Westminster Harley... what a trooper!

Quick Reply: You Gotta Love Souther California ( SoCal )...