Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

You Gotta Love Souther California ( SoCal )...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 10:24 AM
SoCalByker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey 2Deuce2,

We must have missed each other there at Duke's... we were there for maybe two hours or so around the 3 o'clock hour.

There were quite a few bikes out there, more than I've seen the few occasions I've been.

That was my first time at Joe's, I've seen it plenty of times going by in the past... We should hit up Martha's or Joe's when you have a chance bro.

Yeah, I've noticed out-of-towners post here or at least lurk to read about our winter rides... I don't blame them man, we have too much fun in sunny SoCal... all the hotties come out here to become movie stars, super duper models and executives or waitresses, strippers and **** stars, so it can't be all that bad, ya know?

Old 01-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a great day today. What is it... Jan 10?? I think I got a little sunburn on my face.

My wife and I had a morning ride to cooks for a bike wash and breakfest. Met a friend who was then riding out to pomona for the show, and met with another (couple) friends just for some good times. After some eats, we took off for home. Riding weather was fantastic !!

Old 01-11-2010, 02:40 AM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

How's that go again????Blah Blah Blah! Yep, jealousy rearing it's ugly head again! Enjoy your great ridin weather!

Old 01-12-2010, 05:28 PM
SoCalByker
Tourer

Looks like another sunny weekend coming up fellas.

Wanted to share about this past Sunday's ride with the Nomads through the Malibu canyons starting in Woodland Hills, taking Topanga into the hills and ending up at Neptune's...

What a fantastic view of the peninsula and Catalina Island.... simply marvelous.... and the rocks, green meadows and the valley to the other side... breathtaking.

Great and challenging riding up and down and around those canyons... GREAT FUN!!!!

Great fun until some bozo on his cafe racer starts crowding me ( I was last in line ) and there wasn't a straight away to let him by... I didn't know if I should give him the finger or the hand-brake.... but he managed to fly by me and continue on by the rest of the pack...

So we hit a stop sign ( he's ahead of us already ) and shortly after we cross that particular intersection, we see some commotion up ahead and we all stop...

Well, this same bozo is about to assault some dude and his wife who made a u-turn in their minivan without noticing him roaring up behind them at 80mph ( who sees that coming? ).

So some of my riding partners help pull this guy away from the dude and his wife and fish his bike out of the brush, thistles and thorns for him... although he just put us all at risk a mile or so back.... while the very apologetic and moved driver begs for forgiveness from me / all of us while I ask him kindly to get in his car and leave before this yahoo gets worked up and does something even more stupid...

Well... I thought it'd be nice to live in the Malibu canyons... but you have hogs and crotch rockets ripping and roaring all weekend long out on the streets.... oh well, so much for overpriced vistas and peace and quiet, huh?

Old 01-20-2010, 10:37 PM
SoCalByker
Tourer
Default You gotta love SoCal for its.... Tornados????

Hey, who caught wind of that nasty twister that touched down yesterday? WOW!!!!

Boy, we have it all: Beaches, Mountains, Deserts, Sun 90% of the time... and an occasional rain and wind... well, it gives us a chance to work on the bike, ya know?

Old 01-20-2010, 10:59 PM
sealbeachbum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you see them interview Dick Deluxe on channel 9 news about that? He plays guitar at Mothers all the time. He was the one that filmed the twister that they have been showing on TV.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:09 AM
SoCalByker
Tourer

Yeah man, I did see Dick yesterday in his blue and black plaid shirt... I was having a beer in Lakewood when it was all happening and I yell out "that's Dick, he plays in Seal Beach..." hahahaha... yeah, he caught that twister on film, way to go.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Cityfyrman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya So Cal. No worries on the rain. Went for a great ride on Saturday to Hells Kitchen and Cooks. Gives me the downtime for all my 15K maintenance. (Done on Sunday). Sometimes it's just as fun wrenching on the bike than riding. What the hell did I just write????? Kidding of course!

Old 01-30-2010, 11:02 PM
SoCalByker
Tourer
Default Irvine HD and PCH

Nice crisp day today.

Took an accessory along for the highway ride down to Irvine HD for that free lunch event they had today and for a look-see at some bikes... lots of folks turned out for that event...

Then headed down to PCH from there and came back north, great view looking at that coast line, stopped at a couple places along the way to enjoy the view.... good stuff.

Gotta love SoCal... hey, is it winter yet? ;-)

Old 01-31-2010, 01:59 PM
Dirsuper
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yeah, we have considered leaving when I 'retire' from the Navy, but after this weekend - zero chance I am ever leaving. Took out the dual sport bike for a 9 hour ride. Sand, mud, boulder climbing, mountains, mud, snow, ice, and amazing views all in one day, all (basically) in my backyard. With the exception of Mt. Laguna (snow) weather was PERFECT! Hell, even up in the snow it was not really 'cold.' Today I am taking the Harley for a nice loop through SD County. Hell, there is never a question as to whether or not I 'will' ride to work every day, only which bike to take! For all its well-known shortcomings, SoCal is well worth it!

Quick Reply: You Gotta Love Souther California ( SoCal )...