Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

You Gotta Love Souther California ( SoCal )...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009 | 09:28 PM
Dirsuper
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am looking to ride tomorrow (20 Dec 2009) in the SoCal area. I live outside of SD. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM, or reply here.

Old 12-20-2009 | 10:42 AM
sealbeachbum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like SoCalByker is bailing on us. I'll be leaving Seal Beach around 9:20 and should be at Cooks by 10:00. I'll be on the blue and black Ultra Limited wearing a vintage Captain America helmet. Hope to hook up with some of you guys.
It's going to be a great day to ride!

Old 12-20-2009 | 01:49 PM
SoCalByker
|
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My apologies fellas.

Drank WAY TOO MUCH last night at the gig on an empty stomach... and woke up this morning still sick and tossing up breakfast. My head is still spinning and I'm walking to the left even after taking aspirin and drinking tons of water...

My band mates and everyone said we sounded great up until I couldn't keep the beat... but by that time we had already played the set and we were on our third encore.... so...

Sorry guys, I'm usually not a flaky jake, but the last 12 hours have been a humbling lesson of sorts... but I'll leave that for the pastor / psyche / my dog / the voice(s) in my head / whoever cares to hear remorseful memories ;-)

Old 12-20-2009 | 04:33 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good ride and company today.
nice meeting both mr.L and SBB

Old 12-20-2009 | 07:34 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ed, your sins are forgiven my son. For your penance, say 3 Hail Marys and toss back a boilermaker. Good to meet Chris and Bill today. I was borderline underdressed for the weather, but it was fine once we lost some altitude.

Old 12-20-2009 | 11:45 PM
SoCalByker
|
Tourer

Ha, yeah man... how's this for penance:

I'll make up for it by buying everyone a round next time!

I've flaked on SBB a few times and don't like leaving my brothers without a riding partner.

I was looking forward to it too, so double whammy disappointment.

Glad you guys had a safe ride and enjoyed yourselves.

Old 12-21-2009 | 10:42 AM
sealbeachbum
Road Warrior

That was a great ride yesterday. I never get tired of the Ortega HWY! It was good to meet you guys. I definitely see more rides together in the future. We missed you Ed! Looking forward to that beer you're going to buy me! Haha!

Old 12-23-2009 | 12:46 AM
SoCalByker
|
Tourer

You got it Bill, and the offer's good for Mr. Lucky and HS as well.

Rode today to guitar center to order / buy some things.... that sun sure felt good in the chilly air.

And man, the wind was something else today. Seeing crap flying all over the place heightens the senses even more it seems. I think I saw phone books skimming across the streets.

Is it me or are people driving crazy this week? Folks seem to be exuding road-rage at every turn, and people are not willing to wait in line to checkout whatever crap they are buying...

I drove back down in my cage to guitar center this evening to pick up my stuff and some sucker just had to get around me only to stop at the light and hit traffic like everyone else... so I flash my lights because he's trying to squeeze in between cars moving at 35 mph; one foot ahead of me and there's two feet ahead of him and the next car ( after coming around from directly behind me )... so he slams on the brakes.... almost instigated me into acting like an idiot like him, I almost stepped out of my cage at the stop light and.....

... well, I counted to ten and took in a deep smog-filled breathe and let it go out the window. Wasn't gonna let that sucka ruin my evening.

Looks like clear and crisp days ahead.... whooo hooo!!!!

Last edited by SoCalByker; 12-23-2009 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-23-2009 | 12:50 AM
sealbeachbum
Road Warrior

I have to do family stuff for Christmas but I'll be ready to ride Saturday and Sunday. It looks like we will have good riding weather this weekend. LET'S RIDE!

Old 12-24-2009 | 10:27 AM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !

Quick Reply: You Gotta Love Souther California ( SoCal )...