Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

You Gotta Love Souther California ( SoCal )...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 06:35 PM
SoCalByker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool beans HS. I'll pm you with my #, just text me when you show up...

I'll also pm you NewDude with my #, text upon arrival.

I'll probably be showing up just after dark.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:59 AM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalByker
Cool you're on board NewDude.
kinda iffy, to be honest. There's a WEC show on tomorrow, Mike Brown fighting Jose Also and it's got fireworks written all over it. I'm a huge MMA fan and it's hard for me to overlook a free show with a great card.

Wonder if there's any chance someone at TSG might be convinced to throw the fights on there...

Last edited by JustDave71; 11-18-2009 at 06:04 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:46 AM
patriotmc
Road Captain
Default You guys all suck!

I say that in a fun way, but living in Minnesota sure is sucky as far as the riding season. We did not have a great summer with all the rain, but I'm still riding in November (40-50's!) so that's great. On borrowed time though, it will turn too cold and snowy any day now and I'll have to put the bike up until mid to end of March :-(

Still managed to get 15K on her this year, but damm, I wish we could ride the year round like you guys. The only good thing is that we don't have the traffic. I can be on good riding roads in 5-10 minutes and don't have to put up with freeways and nut cases. Just have to watch for tractors and livestock.

Ride on brothers!

Old 11-18-2009, 07:04 AM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member

if I go I'll turn the miles for you, patriotmc.

btw...I left a place at just after 2am tonight and it was 45 degrees. That's darn near legitimate cold!

Old 11-18-2009, 11:39 AM
SoCalByker
Tourer
Default We ride for those who cannot!

Hey PatriotMC, that's a long time to have that bike put away ( what, about 4 months? ).

And do you ride between snow days as that picture depicts? Wow, you are a brave brother.

NewDude, a call to TSG may possibly get your question answered / request made.

fyi, I draw the line at below 35, no amount of layers / windshield / hotpack keeps my nuts from freezing after that.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:21 PM
patriotmc
Road Captain

SoCalByker... LOL!

Yep that was me on Jan 27, 2007. They delivered my beautiful Ultra and I had to take it out for a ride around the block :-) That year, I got her out at least once a month for a short ride.

Last winter I planned to do the same. After a snow, I shoveled off the drive (the street had melted) and started to back out of the garage. Holy mother...almost dropped... a thin film of snow still on the drive. Now, "here's your sign". I got a broom and sweep off the driveway. Took off (temp was about 32). Got out in the country on a side road and cheet, the wind had blown the snow across the road...like an ice covering. I couldn't turn back, so road for another 10 miles until I got to a highway. Man that was the worst ride. Thought I'd drop the damm thing so many time and probably left a trail of brown across all that nice white snow!

Anyhow... put the bike up and no more trying to get out for a short ride the rest of winter :-(

I generally try to ride until the first week of November. Then it gets too cold. Once in a while we'll get a nice day in between the 20 below crap, but lucky if we can start riding by the end of March.

Not complaining though... just envious of you guys in those warm states... but then, we don't get up to 120 like they do in the Southwest either.

Good riding guys.... I'll be on the road in a few months!

Old 11-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Old 11-19-2009, 04:45 PM
SoCalByker
Tourer

Thanks for posting that Primo!

Breakfast with the riding family for sure, count me in...

Also, met up with HockeyStick and his buddy Eddie at TSG last night.... lots of bikes, maybe 75 or so, 50/50 winner took home $600! Other winnings were a helmet, bunch of shirts and other cool stuff... but hey, are all Harley biker chicks so... uh.. how can I put this nicely?: unattractive? Where are the beautiful biker chicks at? Only at bike shows ( hired for promotional purposes only? ). HockeyStick was telling me I need to hit the rice rocket hangouts to find some good lookin' biker girls.... SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!

But it was a peaceful turnout considering you had Vagos, Hessians, Mongols, and some other tough looking club folk along with some Christian clubs ( which are the more hardcore when you really think about it ).

Heck, I even ran into a guy whom I did some real estate business with a few years back and was surprised to see him in a Hessian club jacket... wow, go figure... who would've thought?

Good having beers with ya HockeyStick

PatriotMC, what an adventure you had! I'm glad you now ride only when there is zero ice on the road.. I know exactly what you're saying: having a new bike is like being a kid again and it's like you just got your first bicycle for Christmas and need to ride it ASAP... even in pajamas and it's 30 below outside... I was out a bike for about eight months or so and I've clocked 3500 miles in less than 2 1/2 months since getting my current bike... I was missing the riding man!

Old 11-19-2009, 04:55 PM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member

never heard from ya, but I was out of commission anyway. I thought I was better but it came back yesterday.

changed my oil and did some tune-up work and thought I was going to pass out.

Last edited by JustDave71; 11-19-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice meeting up with ya SCB.

As for the chicks... Beauty fades over time.

Oh wait, actually that's your eyesight that fades and makes the chicks look better.

Quick Reply: You Gotta Love Souther California ( SoCal )...