Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Anacortes Oyster Run

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Doc Intrepid
Road Master
Location: In the Pacific Northwest, a few hours east of Seattle.
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

I rode up on Saturday, stayed overnight in Burlington, got to Anacortes around 8:30 and stayed til about noon. (It's about a 6 hour trip home for me.)

Think the excellent weather contributed to the huge turn-out. When I drove out of Anacortes there was a solid line of bikes heading inbound all the way out to I-5. In fact, I think they may actually have started hitting the limits of what Anacortes can handle. When I left it was basically gridlock on Main street - people were seriously jammed up, you could move, but it was packed. I've no idea where they parked all the bike overflow.

But everyone was laid back, and it appeared that a good time was had by all. I'll be there next year, but (same as this year,) I'll get into town early...

Old 09-29-2009, 03:30 PM
priceamp
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great turn out again this year. I’m anxious to read what the estimated turn out was. Last year the run was on the Sunday night KOMO news, but I didn’t see it this year. Maybe because there were no traffic issues? It sure seemed busier this year to me. It also seemed like there were more cages this year. However, I didn’t see any pasties this year.

I sure would like to see a better turn out from the Oregon folks. I only saw a hand full of plates from Oregon and I had many folks ask me where in Oregon I’m from, like Oregon is so far away.

By the way, does the sun always shine on the Oyster Run? Can’t believe how nice the weather was again this year. However I had to haul **** home Monday to avoid the rain.

It really sucks to return to Oregon where the highway speed limit is 55/60 mph where it’s up 70 mph in some Washington spots. Taking those ferry around the Sound is a hoot.

Don’t forget to post your pics on oysterrun.org

Attached Thumbnails Anacortes Oyster Run-image019_small.jpg  
Old 09-30-2009, 08:34 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

I rode 195 up to Spokane and met up with my other two buds, and then we took hiway 2 all the way over and into Everett. Motel was in Mt. Vernon. That was Saturday. Sunday into Anacortes... had to park down by 2nd street. Nice crowd, nice bikes.... good beer/oyster shooters.. great friggin weather!! We also took the road down to the bottom of Widby island and the Mukilteo ferry, then back up to Mt. Vernon. Monday morning was hiway 20 back to grand coulee... some of the nicest riding and most awesome mountain riding anywhere. Got back home Monday night at about 6:30.

I'll be back next year.