Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Rainforest what?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009 | 06:56 PM
Marblemania
|
Road Master
Default Rainforest what?

Went to the "Rainforest Run" again this year.
"Biker Bob", needs some HELP with this event for it to continue. Quite a few less entrants this year from what I saw.

Still no Beer Garden, Wet T-shirt contest, Rock music, Bike Parts vendors or Excitement. Never did see anything about the "Bike Games either....

The Poker Run, as it was, was a loss as it was not very organized either. Check points were not available unless you asked one of the staff and there was no sequence to run.
Lots of cops again for all the "bad bikers".

If this "run" is to be continued, it needs some professional help in organization and some events to keep one interested.

I have serious doubts I'll return unless they announce something to do beside wander around the site while the few vendors try to extract your money.

Best part of the whole event for me was meeting a few more fellow bikers and the $7 Breakfast at the Elks Lodge on Sunday morning before heading back home.

At least this time I didn't get rained on going or coming......

Old 08-18-2009 | 09:04 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member

I always wondered how that event was. Kind of wanted to go but not sure it's worth the trip now.

Old 08-19-2009 | 01:32 PM
Marblemania
|
Road Master

The run has tons of possibilities as the scenery is the best. The whole penninsula is mostly National Park. Quinault Lake, the Hoh Rainforest south of town along with beautiful beaches and camp grounds. To the north is the Straits of Juan de Fuca with fishing, Hurricane Ridge, clam digging, crab feeds, etc. to the north of Forks.
Some of the most beautiful timber stands left standing are in the immediate area.

The run needs some professional organizing and events to keep one busy. Biker Bob and his crew do ok, just not enough "pull" to attract the crowds needed to make this a great run.

I won't be going again for this event unless there are some drastic changes made in the calendar and either a stealer booth or independants trying to off their wares.

It's a 9 hour ride for me and that's with three slop stops. (Gotta feed my hog too ya know)