Redwood Run?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Mood Swing
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redwood Run?

Anyone going?

I may head up for the day,but I hear you gotta have tix to get in.

Anyone? Anyone?

Old 05-24-2006, 02:24 AM
05Dynachic
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Redwood Run?

About the only thing I'll get to do is hear and watch the bikes go by!! [:@]

Old 05-24-2006, 03:02 AM
Y2K
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,289 Likes on 1,401 Posts

It's gotten to pricey for me,haven't been since '99.

Old 05-25-2006, 04:47 AM
LuckyRoadKing
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You definately need tix, but they are still available at http://www.redwoodrun.com. At this point you will need to order them and pick up at will call.

It is DEFINATELY WORTH IT. This is one of my favorite parties and certainly the only true old school biker party left on the west coast. It is only two days, but they pack them full. Great wet-t contest, bike games & excellent bands all day and night and lots of wild partying. It's a ride-in only event and camping is included. There is a small amount of vehicle parking outside, but once you see the roads up there you will be glad you rode the bike!

I have got hundreds of pics, but this is one of the very few I can post here

[IMG]local://upfiles/12362/1073F978B3B740DB967277DA150F81E8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-26-2006, 03:37 PM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$115.00 guess i'll stay home

Old 05-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Milehog
Intermediate

They have some decent bands lined up. Joe Bonamasa is back. Last year he was on before Cheap Trick & when it was time for Joe to give up the stage the crowd went nuts, they wanted Joe to stay!
$115 may seem high but it gets you 10 bands, no cops, good camp spots, shower trailer, ect. The beer is EXPENSIVE, many people smuggle theirs in.
Oh yeah, bring your best girl, I wanna see her *******!!!

Old 06-02-2006, 01:34 PM
LuckyRoadKing
Road Master

I agree with Milehog...$115 is really not that bad for what you get. Two nights of camping, a free bar-b-q dinner on Sat, this years bands include; Foreigner, Vince Neil, Dave Mason, Joe Banamassa & more. The party itself is always a great time. Beer is expensive, it is no problem to bring it in. The website says no carry-in, but they never enforce it. I have gone through the gates with three cases of beer strapped to the bike.

It is really a great party and you should check it out once. Hell $115 is only 1 or 2 bar tabs

If you go look for our campsite, I will have a CycleFish.com banner on my tent, and I'll buy your first beer!!

Old 06-13-2006, 09:14 PM
CHEESE
Road Warrior

Any reviews from those that went? I'm looking to go next year after talking to one guy that had a pretty good time this year.

Old 06-14-2006, 08:14 PM
LuckyRoadKing
Road Master

Just got back yesterday...and it was once again a GREAT time (excluding the tranny problem on my RoadKing, but that's for another topic).

We arrived at the gate at 8:00 to find ourselves about 1000 bikes back in line. The gates opened and it was a mad rush for the good camping spots. We set up and waited for the rest of the group who showed about an hour later then expected because of some bike problems.

That day was a total blast...Redwood style. We started drinking while setting up camp, then headed for the river where some of us joined the naked swimmers, some of us went topless and all of us relaxed and enjoyed the water while listening to the daytime warm-up bands on stage. I ran into Fast Eddie who was there shooting pictures for an article in Easy Rider. Hope I make the magazine (hint, hint). After cooling off we headed back to camp to replenish our alcohol supply and setup our chairs in the shade on the side of the road for the "show". Stan & I made our high quality "Show Your T#ts" sign from a cardboard box. The sign wasn't working too well at first so our trusted companions, Laura & Gloria, demonstrated for the girls and worked the sign for us...much better results. After a couple of hours, a couple dozen beers & a hundred or so pictures, it was time to get ready for the Vince Neil concert. We dressed warm and headed for the hill above the stage. About a half hour before the concert, the long day and all those beers finally got to us so we listned to the concert from inside our tents while falling asleep. I must say Vince did not sound quite as good as he used to.

Saturday we mellowed a little and din't start drinking until around noon. We watched the bike games - which I couldn't play this year because of the tranny problems. Laura was a shoe in for the wennie bite . Our new friend Gloria joined the wet t-shirt contest (her first ever) and did really GREAT, making it all the way to the finals. We wandered through the vendor area and of course bought two or three things we didn't need and had no room to carry. Then it was back to our roadside seats for the afternoon flashing, burn-outs and wheelies. Of course there were the few that should not have been doing burn-outs or wheelies, so we would help them back on their bikes and send them on their way The people across from us set up a pole for Pole Dancing, but no one would try it. Of course your's truely couldn't let that happen, so I stripped down to my sneakers and went for it! I think the girls liked it 'cause it got lots of beads and a $5 tip. (or maybe they felt sorry for me). That night we were able to stay up long enough for the Foreigner concert...they rocked. Their new lead singer excellent and the concert was great. And of course their were the standard topless girls on the guys shoulders throughout the crowd.

Overall it was the best time I ever had at the Redwood Run because of the great group we were with. Hopefully we can get the same group, and more, back next year.

And thanks to those of you CycleFish regulars who saw our banner and stopped by to say Hi. I will try to find some pictures that are suitable for this forum, but that may be hard. You can always stop by my site and check those out if you like.

If you are even thinking of going next year...GO. If you like old school style biker parties, you will have a great time!

Old 10-23-2006, 05:19 PM
LuckyRoadKing
Road Master

Here are a few of the pics from this year's Redwood Run... It's a pretty wild party, so only a few I can share here!!!

Quick Reply: Redwood Run?