Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

The official LAUGHLIN RIVER RUN countdown thread...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009 | 03:21 PM
azharleyrider86401
Cruiser

took the whole week off to enjoy. live in Kingman so I will just ride home. second Laughlin run and looking forward to it. a buddy is coming from about 10 hours away to go to run. can't wait!happy riding!

Old 03-16-2009 | 10:49 PM
sugartastic
Cruiser

damn, time is dragging!

Old 03-16-2009 | 11:32 PM
anubisss
|
Banned

36!. I'm her Boy toy!

Old 03-17-2009 | 08:13 AM
anubisss
|
Banned

35! Getting closer.

Old 03-17-2009 | 12:06 PM
lainecall
Stage IV
Cool river run

hey! the time is drawing near, everyone is getting their bikes ready, some ride and some trailer and some come in cages, but it doesnt matter!
FUN IN THE SUN is the idea totally! we are coming from spokane washington, (which by the way had more damn snow than most of alaska this year)
Does anyone have any thoughts on what the attendance will be at this year? With the economy and gas prices a few months back i was wondering if it would be really bad, but now with the fuel prices at half of what they were maybe it will be a good turnout! We have been many years to the run, some with the old lady, some with buddies and even a few with a notorious biker gang ( that we will not mention by name haha)
probably have to throw the bagger in a truck because of snow on alot of the roads in montana, (the route we go) we are heading out on wednesday early, anyone in the area and wants to hook up get back to us!
thanks laine and nikki!

Old 03-18-2009 | 06:16 PM
anubisss
|
Banned

35! 35!

Old 03-18-2009 | 07:29 PM
frankjake
Road Master

Originally Posted by AR-15 DEUCE
Was wondering if any of you guys were there when the H.A.s and Mongols got into it...
yes, a group of 4 of us were there but not staying at Harrah's.

Harrah's is way at the other end of Laughlin, not all that close to where everything is happening. We were staying at the Colorado Belle and didn't even kown anything had happened. They sort of kept it at that end of town. Everything was pretty normal everywhere else.

Old 03-19-2009 | 03:36 AM
XLCR4GM
Road Master
Cool

I walked into the store at the Terrible Herbst gas station that is in front of the Edgewater Inn the year after the shoot out when 6 H.A.s showed up to get some gas. 4 cop cars pulled up with shotguns and body armor and locked down the station and the market with everyone in the store. The cops wanted the H.A.s to leave and the H.A.s just wanted to get some gas so that they could leave town. The cops didn’t want them to get any gas but wanted them to leave anyway. It took about an hour before eventually the cops let 2 H.A.s get some gas and then leave town and then they let 2 more H.A.s get gas and then they left town and then the last 2 H.A.s got their gas and they rode off and the cops finally let everyone out of the market. I think that there has been a small but continuing decline in the turnout at Laughlin since the initial shooting at Harrah’s. I will be staying at a friend’s home in Kingman this year, as I did last year, and riding into Laughlin early on Friday and Saturday. The temperature is a little cooler up in Kingman and the riding is good too! It’s just crossing the bridge from Az to Nv is such a pain with all of the traffic. But, for me, it is worth it! I love to ride the Harley demo fleet of motorcycles and meet new people and run in to old friends and swap road stories while sipping on a cold drink and watching the world go by. I can’t wait! It is only 33 more days to go. Hell yea!

Old 03-19-2009 | 09:49 AM
anubisss
|
Banned

34! Getting closer.

Old 03-19-2009 | 10:36 PM
chromedome
Road Master

recommendations for best hotel? still a lot of rooms available at all it seems

Quick Reply: The official LAUGHLIN RIVER RUN countdown thread...