Pacific California | Nevada | Hawaii | Alaska

Cal Bike Week/Love Ride

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008 | 11:55 AM
HD Jake
Road Warrior

I will go again next year also, I think the charity is worth while, but I do agree in this economy, that more could have been had with less cost...
My fustration with the ride was the main issues for us, but everyone has brought up other things that we all talked about, compared to Sturgis or Daytona or any of the others we have attended, just not enough bang for the buck...

That being said, yes I will donate again next year and yes I will go again next year but dont think I will try and do the Love Ride unless I get a bunch of people that want to go and we can just stick together when the crowd brakes and go on our own

Old 10-27-2008 | 01:38 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

I went Friday afternoon on some free tix courtesy of Bluerose.

Glad I didn't have to pay the $30 or more. Seemed like less vendors and less "cool stuff" to do and see. Value-wise I put it in the $10 max entry fee range personally.

Hopefully the organizers can scale back at least the Saturday prices to increase traffic or this thing may just die and just be a Sunday Love Ride only deal in the future.

I'd like to see it mushroom into something big but it seems to have shrunk from last year.

Anybody have any ideas we can forward to the organizers for next year?

I'd really like to see it become a major go-to event as the venue is perfect and the location convenient at least to me.

Primo

Old 10-27-2008 | 05:50 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

I thought it was GREAT. We went Sat. For $30 we rode every bike we ever wanted, and for 30 - 40 min's each. The CVO bikes definitely have a smile factor. My favorite was the CVO Roadglide. But I still prefer my UC. There were no lines for beer on Sat. either. And we could have seen the flat-track racing, but didn't, we got our money's worth.
And for Sunday, the ride from Glendale has always been crazy like that, that's why we don't do it. So if you're not doing the ride, the tickets are only $50. So you see TWO concerts, demo more bikes, check out the eye-candy, and hang with other enthusiast for $50. I think Sunday was a bargain too. I'm going again next year.

Old 10-28-2008 | 02:20 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

This alone was worth the price of admission

Old 10-29-2008 | 08:59 PM
johnwwwatson
Advanced

I couldn't get my bike fixed in time and my Doc wouldn't give me his blessings anyway.
Most of these opinions sound like my last LR.